Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2011 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I'd imagine it will lead to whoever is "fired" basically showing up and begging the winner of the match for their job back...

I doubt it. It was edited so terribly that someone must actually be leaving. There would be no point in adding in that edit otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Of course there is. My guess is the plan was for one to go to Raw, but they changed their mind and want both to stay on Smackdown so have changed the story....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Is this box office or sky sports?

Box Office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Found this on another forum: Guess Layla is staying...Big loss for the Divas if this is true.
    A match pitting Michelle McCool against Layla this Sunday at Extreme Rules will carry a "loser leaves WWE" stipulation. While the match was announced as a Loser Leaves Smackdown Match Tuesday's Smackdown taping, "WWE" is overdubbed in placed of "Smackdown" during the telecast, which has already aired in Australia.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that McCool is legitimately leaving WWE, not taking time off as some speculated. Therefore, this Sunday will be her final match with WWE.

As usual take with a pinch of salt..

• Advertisement

To add to that, Wrestlezone have posted the following...
    A post today on PWInsider.com revealed that Michelle McCool is reportedly finishing up with WWE, as she will participate in a Loser Leaves Smackdown Match against former Lay-Cool partner Layla El.

We can confirm, based on conversations with several wrestlers and a key WWE insider, this move has a lot to do with the fact The Undertaker is not scheduled for TV anytime soon, and simply wants his wife at home.

McCool's tenure on Smackdown has been somewhat controversial, as she has not appeared on house shows, and only works TV tapings and pay per views. This preferential treatment rubbed a lot of the full time wrestlers the wrong way, especially since so many "part-timers" were in featured roles for WrestleMania (Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Trish Stratus, Vickie Guerrero, Snooki). To make matters worse, the Cole vs Lawler match went very long at WrestleMania, taking up valuable time that others could have used to put more of a spotlight on their own match. Agent - Producer Dean Malenko was the one who laid out the Lawler vs Cole match, and that touched off a whole locker room discussion about the part timers who get so much air time, when the house shows are hurting and pay checks are down because of it.

McCool is said to leave in WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's good graces, and is expected to return to television about the same time Undertaker appears again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Layla is great anyway. Much rather she stays around than mrs taker if one of them must go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Well it's only six hours away, but no posts in this topic for 2 days, has this PPV been overshadowed by the Draft last week and The Rock's raw appearance tomorrow?

Nevertheless, it's a bank holiday tomorrow so it's an ideal night for watching it live.

I'm looking forward to the two Championship matches, but not really the other four matches on the card. With John Morrison in a steel cage match, i'm expecting a few amazing Parkour high-spots, but will R-Truth interfere and cost him the match?

I can also see Edge playing some role in the WHC match, although I would prefer this match to have a clean finish as it will give more credibility to the winner's first ever Championship win. Anyway, ADR and Christian should put on one hell of a ladder match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd say the draft and the fact that this is on Box Office has caused interest to be lost.

The card looks pretty good but I don't think this PPV will draw a good number (esp with UFC 129 being on last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It'll probably be a better PPV than Wrestlemania. Other than HHH/Taker's classic of course.

Elimination Chamber was a great PPV to watch even if it meant nothing in the long or short run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Anybody able to tell me any sites that this is streaming on?
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No Ziggler, Bryan, Sheamus, Kofi, Barrett. Thats disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'd say the draft and the fact that this is on Box Office has caused interest to be lost.

The card looks pretty good but I don't think this PPV will draw a good number (esp with UFC 129 being on last night)

Its ****ed buyrate wise, monster PPV last night along with unimaginative build up, = no buys.

The mark in me would be so happy if Christian wins, but the cold hearted smark tells me that Del Rio wins or and its a long shot, they may do a swerve and have Orton win the strap, not sure how, but it may be a swerve that may appeal to Vince and co.

Anybody able to tell me any sites that this is streaming on?
    Thanks.

Plenty of streams on this webpage

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=114829∂=sports

But check the streaming thread later on for updates as some may be removed and/or added.

The best one will probably be one of the 'Magic TV [EN]' links

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its ****ed buyrate wise, monster PPV last night along with unimaginative build up, = no buys.

Ah yeah forgot about that UFC PPV, was that the big one in Ontario that they were building for months? 60,000 or something tickets sold, sounded huge.

With Extreme Rules being in Florida, I don't see why WWE didn't bring in The Rock for an appearance tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Charisteas wrote: »
    Plenty of streams on this webpage

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=114829∂=sports

But check the streaming thread later on for updates as some may be removed and/or added.

The best one will probably be one of the 'Magic TV [EN]' links
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Charisteas wrote: »
    Ah yeah forgot about that UFC PPV, was that the big one in Ontario that they were building for months? 60,000 or something tickets sold, sounded huge.

Yup, UFC's first time in Toronto. Drew in around 55-60 thousand. Was an awesome card as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

god i hope christian wins tonight but i just keep thinking there going to do a swerve

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

sky88 wrote: »
    god i hope christian wins tonight but i just keep thinking there going to do a swerve

I cant see a swerve happening. Raw having the two championships would be overkill at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

CMpunked wrote: »
    I cant see a swerve happening. Raw having the two championships would be overkill at the moment.

They could have Del Rio lost to Orton tomorrow or something. Stupid....but could happen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement