Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Extreme Rules 2011 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    They've done a few things with WWE before, right?

Light it Up - Mania 24
    Hell Yeah - One Night Stand 2008
    Orton's theme - Voices

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Once we dont get a finish in the ladder match where the belt drops and no one wins ha. Yea that will be MOTN anyways but not gonna buy it shall stream it instead

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It was announced on Raw that the WWE Title match at the Extreme Rules PPV will now be a Triple Threat Steel Cage Match featuring The Miz (c) vs. John Morrison vs. John Cena.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It was announced on Raw that the WWE Title match at the Extreme Rules PPV will now be a Triple Threat Steel Cage Match featuring The Miz (c) vs. John Morrison vs. John Cena.

Presume we will see Morrison fly off the top of the cage anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Presume we will see Morrison fly off the top of the cage anyways

Probably the only reason they put him in the match

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Joey Styles announced on his twitter page that Randy Orton vs. CM Punk in a last man standing match has been added to the card

WWE has announced that Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger at Extreme Rules will now be a Street Fight. Here's the updated card:

Triple Threat Cage Match for the WWE Title
    John Morrison vs. John Cena vs. The Miz

Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Title
    Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio

Last Man Standing Match
    CM Punk vs. Randy Orton

Street Fight
    Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio, Jr. has been added to the WWE Extreme Rules pay per view, reports PWInsider.com. It will be a "Falls Count Anywhere" match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If that street fight is given any more then 8mins air time, I'll be demanding my money back.

If JR and Cole end up one on one at any stage a little part of me will die forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

If that street fight is given any more then 8mins air time, I'll be demanding my money back.

If JR and Cole end up one on one at any stage a little part of me will die forever.

I doubt they will, Cole will probably spend the match running about while swagger takes care of Lawler and JR.

Ultimately I can see
    Cole getting Drafted to SD! this Monday and the match will have the stipulation that the winner will stay on to be lead broadcaster on RAW...

It was announced on Raw that the stipulation for the WWE Extreme Rules Tag Team Match featuring Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole and Jack Swagger has been changed. The match, which was originally a Street Fight, will now be a Country Whipping Match.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It was announced on Raw that the stipulation for the WWE Extreme Rules Tag Team Match featuring Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole and Jack Swagger has been changed. The match, which was originally a Street Fight, will now be a Country Whipping Match.
    A what? :confused:

Presume it means belts are legal and you can whip your opponent or something....

118236.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

118236.jpg

I can imagine the creative meeting.
    "This whipping match is stupid!"
    "It has to be a gimmick to do with JR"
    "There has to be something else"
    "OK, a Government Mule on a pole match"
    "......

....I'll get the whip"

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Balasubbie

I'm envisioning some kinda strap match. Really, it's perfect for Cole, whatwith the typical strap ending.

Layla V Michelle McCool also added with No DQ's, No Countouts and the loser must leave SmackDown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Layla V Michelle McCool also added with No DQ's, No Countouts and the loser must leave SmackDown

So if Layla loses and goes to Raw, does it count as points towards the Draft prediction comp ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Nody wrote: »
    A what? :confused:

It's pretty much a strap match. It's a fairly well established gimmick in wrestling.

I wonder if Cole and JR can outdo Punk and Umaga :pac:

Edit: They probably won't have the four corners rule at the PPV. I've seen strap matches where each guy has a strap and can legally use it.

• Advertisement

Chris Jericho posted the following on his Twitter page:

"For the first time in 8 weeks I dont have dance rehearsals. What am I going to do with myself now? Anythin goin on in Tampa this weekend...?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thought id put my comments from the prediction thread in here cos there are a few things I thought of after making them which i put in my comments I think are worth noting, for example sorry Layla but I cant see McCool leaving SD and her husbands side so that one seems a forgone conclusion to me.

Also interesting to see where feuds could go after ER. For instance I think everyone has seen enough of Miz/Cena at this point but if Cena won we would have to get the rematch while if Miz retains we could get something fresh like him vs the next biggest Babyface on Raw which would now be Mysterio. Morrison for me is just there to do some impressive moves cos I doubt he will get the title atm given his backstage issues / WM match, could see him being built though to be Miz's next 1 on 1 opponent though for after Mysterio if he retains.

----

WWE Championship The Miz vs John Cena vs John Morrison (Steel Cage) - 2 pts

Morrison moves on to R-Truth, Cena to Del Rio / The Rock & Miz to retain and go up against Babyface Mysterio

World Heavyweight Championship Christian vs Alberto Del Rio (Ladder match) - 2 pts

Edge to lift his best friends hand aloft as the WHC before Del Rio gets a fresh start on Raw

Randy Orton vs CM Punk (Last Man Standing) - 1 pt

Orton gets a fresh start this time on SD after giving Punk back his win from WM

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes (Falls Count Anywhere) - 1 pt

This time its Rey's turn to get his WM revenge before maybe getting a main event push on Raw, Cody maybe then will feud with Sin Cara to get over the loss in his head and continue his mask theme

Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs Jack Swagger & Michael Cole (Country Whipping match) - 1 pt

Lawler & Ross get a feel good moment as Swagger turns face by turning on Cole, maybe this could lead to Cole leaving the announce team and revealing himself as the GM & punishing Swagger for his actions in the following weeks when he could feud with Punk perhaps

Michelle McCool vs Layla (No DQ match, loser leaves SD) - 1 pt

mcCool isnt leaving her husband on SD, Layla to move to Raw

^ I agree Swagger turning on Cole and having JR and King win is the best ending to the Cole/Lawler feud (it should have ended at Mania)

I wouldnt mind Cena winning the title again as long as he can feud with Punk for it but if Miz retains maybe a feud Rey which is want he needs (Rey's feuds with Del Rio and Rhodes have helped them greatly)

I'm sure an IC or US title or both match might also be added to the card

I'm really excited at the prospect of Christian winning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

So if Layla loses and goes to Raw, does it count as points towards the Draft prediction comp ;):D

Nice try!

Regarding the Layla/McCool match where loser leaves Smackdown (and presmably joins Raw), wouldn't they both be inclined to lose the match, thus getting 'promoted' to the 'A' show?

It was similar to the Raw draft this week, all the Smackdown roster cheering and the Raw roster cussing when Cena was drafted to Smackdown, it should have been the other way around.

Actually, i'm going to coin the new phrase - 'Backwards Booking'. Perfect example is babyface Edge murdering Kane's dad!

WWE Championship The Miz vs John Cena vs John Morrison (Steel Cage) - 2 pts

Morrison isn't winning given he's feuding with Truth. My guess is Miz will steal it by either...
    1. Escaping when Morrison is locked in the STFU.
    2. Pinning Morrison just before Cena escapes.

World Heavyweight Championship Christian vs Alberto Del Rio (Ladder match) - 2 pts

Reckon since it seems obvious Christian is winning, he won't. Del Rio will win, go to Raw as champ, be challanged to a title match by Orton on his "final Raw match", and Orton will become champ.

Randy Orton
    vs CM Punk (Last Man Standing) - 1 pt
    Even if it wasn't for the fact if they do the above, they will want Orton looking strong, the contract rumours will likely mean they'll play it safe and give Orton the win. Plus he's super Orton...

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes (Falls Count Anywhere) - 1 pt
    Cody won at Mania. Rey is likely going to move into a title scene with Miz. Rey wins.

Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs Jack Swagger & Michael Cole (Country Whipping match) - 1 pt
    Swagger face turn. Ross gets the pin on Cole after King beats him down.

Michelle McCool vs Layla (No DQ match, loser leaves SD) - 1 pt
    I think McCool would be a better fit on Raw than Layla.

- WWE has discussed adding a United States Championship Match between Sheamus and Kofi Kingston to this Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

- Jim Ross, who suffered a hand injury on Raw, adamantly stated on Twitter today that he will be ready for his scheduled tag team match at Extreme Rules

For what its worth, I've been reading reports that the seg on Smackdown announcing the Layla/McCool match was edited from the inital tapings; it will now be a "Loser leaves WWE" match....

Apparently the edit was pretty blatent as well and looks quite shoddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

For what its worth, I've been reading reports that the seg on Smackdown announcing the Layla/McCool match was edited from the inital tapings; it will now be a "Loser leaves WWE" match....

Apparently the edit was pretty blatent as well and looks quite shoddy...

Looks like Layla is getting released then :( absolute shame. I really hope they don't release her...

I'm hoping Kharma (Kong) debuts and destroys them both :p

• Advertisement

I'd imagine it will lead to whoever is "fired" basically showing up and begging the winner of the match for their job back...

Advertisement