Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

sioda wrote: »
    What times the quiz tonight??

Bout 9 Bells, people get settled and kicks off for half past ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ah dont change the entry fee, its fairer to have it by table since thats how the money is divvied out at the end. and if you go much cheaper its hardly worth playing for second. €15 a table is sound.

zuroph wrote: »
    ah dont change the entry fee, its fairer to have it by table since thats how the money is divvied out at the end. and if you go much cheaper its hardly worth playing for second. €15 a table is sound.

No change, bit of I phone mis typing on my side!!!!

All same... Teams of 5 €15.00....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 champo

just to confirm what ken was saying, its €15 per team with a max. of 5 players per team, but a team can consist of 1,2,3,4 or 5 people, entirely upto yourselves. More people = more knowledge though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Just added to the pot for tonight...
    Remember drink specials...
    Complimentary finger food and shots if you give out enough!!!!

Big stuck made for mobile phone bandits...

All welcome, only €15.00 team of 5 (only €3.00 a head) with all money given out in prizes...
    If flying solo lots of teams to jump in with

www.livinthepubquizdream.com

Ken

Link doesn't work Ken.

• Advertisement

Great night at the pub quiz last night, 18 tables... Good to see some Biarritz there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'll buy the train ticket, will we get away with a tenner!!!

yeah....if you buy it online... gonna buy me one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's a good quiz and lots of fun - very professionally compèred by John as well.

Having been on a winning team (two different teams) two of the three times I've been there (swapping temporarily to a different team last week was an unexpected win) helps but it's still a good quiz. The picture round and I aren't good friends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Might convince the girlfriend to come along this week. Last Monday was great craic. :) Well, even if we did throw a spot in the top 3 away in the last round! >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

we put up a good fight IO, that last round was a night mare alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

foinse wrote: »
    we put up a good fight IO, that last round was a night mare alright.

Yeah it was pretty awful, but at least we owned the music round!

I have my doubts about the team who beat us to 3rd though... how strict are the phone checks on the teams outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

If I'm to go to this quiz, we'd better win. I dislike losing.. >_>

you best not come this week so :p we're bringing heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Pffffft. I am queen of quizzes (or I was, about a million years ago). How about we compromise? I'll HELP your team along on the path to victory? :p

we're gonna have maybe three teams between the lot of us so tomorrow? clean sweep is there for the taking!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Looking forward to this tonight :)

There is going to be a big crowd at the quiz tonight i hear..so make sure youre here in good time so we dont run too overtime as usual... :p hope you have all been brushing up on you knowledge of easter!! ;)

See you in less than an hour guys,
    Quizmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Completely forgot about this, and I'm editing pics from the weekend! :( I'll set a reminder in my book and make it down on Monday!

great night, won the thing, then got back to our friends car and it was broken into. FFS. and while we're waiting for the cops, some car drives past and throws eggs at us. **** sake. what a downer to end night on.

• Advertisement

that sucks, congrats on winning was very close one tonight, leaders kept changing in last few rounds.ye must be happy though with taking home the biggest winnings ever at the quiz!!

yeah, it was a good win, happy out, good tough questions tonight, and fairly tight competition, just a little disappointed with the end we had, and the fact we had guests over who are leaving with a bad memory instead of the great quiz. well played on the competition tonight, huge turn out.

also, thought "joseph fritzl and the chamber of secrets" team should won best team name :p you'll be lucky not to be banned tomorrow, a certain boards mod was on that team!!!

well ye all left before i had a chance to tell ye they won the best looking team, which means they get shots too if they come in tomorrow night!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Disaster about the car, where was it parked. Forgot about this, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Are the quizzes going to be on this Monday (25th) and the following Monday (2nd May), as they are bank holidays?

I'd say I might have the makings of 2 teams if they are on..

the quiz will be going ahead on both bank holiday weekends, from what ive heard there will be big numbers at them so will be going ahead with them!

see y'all monday!!

Anyone quizzing tonight?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone quizzing tonight?

Oh, I'd forgot about that! I'll go if there's enough of us to put a strong team together.

Oh, I'd forgot about that! I'll go if there's enough of us to put a strong team together.

Ditto

• Advertisement

should be a few of us heading in anyway.

Advertisement