Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz!!!

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any regular pub quizzes that take place in Limerick? It's probably a sign I'm getting old...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Pub Quiz EVERY Monday Night in Little Ellen St. for any boardies interested.

€2.00 each with tables of 4 or 5... All money goes back into Prizes with €50.00 extra CASH next week.

Good craic with specials on all draft with Galway Hooker and Belfast Blonde now, behave boys!!

Hope this thread is ok, remember few asking for things to do in pubs bar Drink!!!!

Half decent crownd coming in with good atmosphere and very "able" questions!!!

tel: 061 40 11 90 or PM if anyone like any more info

Rgds - Ken

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hey Ken, you should copy this post into the Things To Do In Limerick sticky thread as well.

Will do thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

This is a good quiz, been going for the last few weeks, came away with a 1st and a 3rd last two weeks. The prize of cash money is a good incentive for actually taking the thing seriously (still having a laugh there though).

Good drinks offers too, ken you're onto a winner here mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"Coke, two Hookers and change from tenner, Bargain!" was good enough to win us best team name this week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 champo

Hi Guys,
    Would like to thank everyone who has showed support for the quiz. its going from strength to strength and is getting steady numbers. Any suggestions for the quiz would be much appreciated. For example the audio round which was suggested a few weeks ago and we went with it on monday and seemed to go down well. Its a great night for both contestant and myself so please keep coming and tell your friends about it so it will continue for years to come.

Sincerely,
    The Quizmaster :)

a round of shots for everyone on your team for "Best Team Name"....not too shabby!!

wasnt as good as the litre of vodka the week before :p

Audio round was good, and glad to see the threats on googling seem to be working.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I should be free next Monday if any team has space for one more/if anyone wants to make a new team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is this ruined by people using phones to get answers?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Is this ruined by people using phones to get answers?

Looks like we'll have to get the stick from the shed for the mobile phone bandits!!!

Everyone welcome, just show up and join into team, my day came in lat week, normally not out after 9 outside of Co. Clare. Hopped in with team off 4 so its no hastle!!!

Maybe no FREE shots and finger food for mobile phone tables!!!

anyone found cheating will not get any easter eggs at the mega easter quiz!!
    now, you have all been warned!!

I should be free next Monday if any team has space for one more/if anyone wants to make a new team.

Every week people join in with random groups, all part of the fun! Hope to see you monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

There was a problem the first few weeks, but we shouted about it and it stopped since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Pub Quiz EVERY Monday Night in Little Ellen St. for any boardies interested.

What time does it start?

Also I don't have a team. Is it okay if I just turn up and join a team or are they all pretty much set up already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Might head down next monday after work, what time does it start?

The table quiz starts bout 9.30pm, and the drink specials start then too. lots of people come with their teams but a lot just turn up on their own and either form a team or join smaller teams. Everybody very friendly and enjoy the quiz with the intended spirit so theres no problem there! see you monday!

Anyone up for putting a team together tomorrow night?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Yup, I'll be in and might have a friend with me but def won't have the makings of a full team.

Cool cool. Shouldn't be too hard to find 2 more.

• Advertisement

ah we'll often have space on our teams too lads, we'll find ye spots somewhere anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I am so gutted this is going on and I'm not there anymore :(

find a tenner train, and commute :p

zuroph wrote: »
    find a tenner train, and commute :p

yeah ok!

(spare a tenner?)

yeah ok!

(spare a tenner?)

even better, just make sure you win the quiz and you travel for free with the prize money! :p

zuroph wrote: »
    even better, just make sure you win the quiz and you travel for free with the prize money! :p

if only I was that smart.

Teams are a max. of 5 players per team but can be less too!
    Follow all the latest news of the quiz on Facebook (O'Connells Quiz)

See you all tonight lads,
    Quizmaster

yeah ok!

(spare a tenner?)

I'll buy the train ticket, will we get away with a tenner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭sioda

What times the quiz tonight??

• Advertisement

Just added to the pot for tonight...
    Remember drink specials...
    Complimentary finger food and shots if you give out enough!!!!

Big stuck made for mobile phone bandits...

All welcome, only €15.00 team of 5 (only €3.00 a head) with all money given out in prizes...
    If flying solo lots of teams to jump in with

www.livinthepubquizdream.com

Ken

Advertisement