Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

horsebox09 wrote: »
    If this is the work of hackers looking to p!ss off Sony, personally I think a better way of going about it would be to make everything on the PSN Store €0.00, let the looting begin :pac:

If that ever happened :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Just tried to sign in after a few days getting lost in xbox live and being happy. No chance of getting on. Tried to sly on then by using the playstation store and it then says undergoing maintenance. The plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

horsebox09 wrote: »
    If this is the work of hackers looking to p!ss off Sony, personally I think a better way of going about it would be to make everything on the PSN Store €0.00, let the looting begin :pac:
    Meglamonia wrote: »
    If that ever happened :D

They would just undo the activation for the game/DLC.

It's far more likely to be the cloud failure that's affecting those other sites.

Varik wrote: »
    They would just undo the activation for the game/DLC.

It's far more likely to be the cloud failure that's affecting those other sites.

Buzzkill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone for a few games of portal 2 co-op then when its back up and running?? my PSN ID is: Nodferatu1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Still down what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

getting withdrawal symptoms from not playing BC2:mad: online!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Doesn't look like its gonna back tomorrow either:
    http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU
    No new information to update you with I'm afraid. We'll post here over the weekend with any developments. blog.eu.playstation.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Yeah sure does look like that Saul-Goode9. Could even be out til after Sunday. I don't think Sony know what the problem is yet which is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

has their been some kind of revenge attack from a hacker group over sonys recent....exploits..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

bhlpao.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

thisis a pain in the balls!! the one weekend i have nothing to do what so ever and this happens!

Thanks alot Sony, go fu*k yourselves!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/22/update-on-playstation-network-qriocity-services/
    An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

thisis a pain in the balls!! the one weekend i have nothing to do what so ever and this happens!

Thanks alot Sony, go fu*k yourselves!

Blame hackers not Sony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Predator_ wrote: »
    Blame hackers not Sony

I will portion anger at the company that wont tell its customers what is going on until hours after it starts. I hope Playstation Plus customers can see what a sham this whole thing is and cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I will portion anger at the company that wont tell its customers what is going on until hours after it starts. I hope Playstation Plus customers can see what a sham this whole thing is and cancel.

In fairness, do you expect them to say minutes after an attack exactly what happened? Even they didn't know what was happening hence why they had to shut the system off without notice. They told us on Thursday that it may take days which suggests that it was a serious incident.

Obviously it's not ideal and someone shouldn't be able to do this.

I always felt the PS3 having Linux capabilities and the recent Portal 2 PS3/PC interconnectivity meant it would be far more open to an attack than the enclosed Xbox Live platform but that's just me and my limited knowledge. I also think that's part of the reason Linux was removed from the slim.

Anyway this will all be forgotten about soon as people enjoy kickass games that will be released soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I can't believe this is still going on, and at the long Easter weekend too. MS must be p!ssing themselves. Sony should give us a free PSN voucher or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I can't believe this is still going on, and at the long Easter weekend too. MS must be p!ssing themselves. Sony should give us a free PSN voucher or something.

Why ? its a free service...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

the ps3 isnt a free console though is it, its online aspect is part of the package

dieing to play bfbc2 but what can you do if zee hackers made bits of sonys network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

BArra wrote: »
    the ps3 isnt a free console though is it, its online aspect is part of the package

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Magill wrote: »
    Why ? its a free service...

And this "free" service is part of the incentive why many people choose a PS3 over an Xbox 360. So Sony made money based on this service being reliable and functional. I don't own a PS3, I own an Xbox 360 so apart from not being able to activate my U.S. PSN games I'm not affected nearly as much as PS3 owners.

I can never understand how consumers defend the big corporations when they are losing out because of their incompetence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Am i the only person who doesn't care if Sony "lied" to me? So what if it's down because of external extrusion as opposed to maintenance? The fact is that it's down and i can't play my games online, knowledge of why it's down doesn't really factor into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Am i the only person who doesn't care if Sony "lied" to me? So what if it's down because of external extrusion as opposed to maintenance? The fact is that it's down and i can't play my games online, knowledge of why it's down doesn't really factor into it at all.

I'd like to think a company who I've paid for a service with would not lie about the status of the said service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Predator_ wrote: »
    Blame hackers not Sony

We're completely within our rights to blame sony. They should have an infrastructure that should be secure from hackers and if hacked, the service should really be restored within a day rather than being down for nearly 3 days. It's a rather embarrassing incident for them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I don't own a PS3, I own an Xbox 360 so apart from not being able to activate my U.S. PSN games I'm not affected nearly as much as PS3 owners.

How do you play PSN games without a PS3 ?

EGriff wrote: »

PSP i would've assumed. That would explain what was meant with activation, the PS3 can put content on the psp simply when compared to just using the psps own store.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

EGriff wrote: »

He could have an account on a flatmate's machine, perhaps?

I'm surprising myself how sanguine I am about the PSN outage - it's not like it's never going to be back, and long weekend or not there's plenty of alernatives in the big blue room with weather being what it is.

Surely users should save their ire over the network being down, and hold onto it for when we find out just how much of a rights-grab Sony will make by making changes to prevent this happening again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They better sort it out so something like this doesn't happen again.

• Advertisement

Ya I'm the same tbh.

Advertisement