Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs in McGonagles

Options
  • 04-04-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

dasdog wrote: »
    Quick search found this:

5yyl3t.jpg

Taken from http://www.xentrix.co.uk which says 1990.

I was at most of the gigs already mentioned. Can't remember being at Sacred Reich but I can remember it was one of the many tickets I had stuck on my wall. Anyone remember the Gang Green gig there? And sweet jebus look at the size of the place. A small disco venue and Ozzy rolls in to do a couple of gigs (and Def Leppard a while later).

Hi I actually promoted that massacre gig- nice guys great crowd
    I also ran the ICE security team that used to let everybody stage dive in -
    mcgonagles- CLASS DAYS!! Worked on acid reign- centric( that's me in the photo in the pit doing security at on 20 years of age !), sabbat, DRI, gang green,
    And prompted bolt thrower/ carcass and the mighty DEATH!!
    how's tommy Hayes these days - owe him a lot for all his help and advice- great guy
    Loved every minute , also promoted bolt thrower , carcass and the mighty DEATH!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Neil71 wrote: »
    mcgonagles- CLASS DAYS!!
    Loved every minute , also promoted bolt thrower , carcass and the mighty DEATH!
    Anybody know where tommy Hayes is??
    Great guyv- owe him for a lot of help He gave me

Hey Neil,

Tommy's over in Oz now, been there a few years now, he was over at Chrimbo and did a few DJ sets (inc McGonagles reunion)......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Vyse wrote: »
    Was at both of those gigs as well. I don't think anybody supported Paradise Lost at that one (just had a bit of a mosh set going). I remember that Unleashed went down really well at that gig. Went out and bought their CD after it. Pity it was rubbish.

Also saw Xentrix, Death and Carcass there. Carcass was probably the best gig I ever went to. Ahh the memories

I met the entire PL line up after that gig and they were all either stoned or p****d out of their heads!! F***in hilarious. Met David Vincent after the MA gig too - he was pretty sound. Have the signed ticket he gave me buried at home somewhere......?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daveygregan

Neil71 wrote: »
    mcgonagles- CLASS DAYS!! Worked on acid reign- centric( that's me in the photo in the pit doing security at on 20 years of age !), sabbat, DRI, gang green,
    And prompted bolt thrower/ carcass and the mighty DEATH!!
    how's tommy Hayes these days - owe him a lot for all his help and advice- great guy
    Loved every minute , also promoted bolt thrower , carcass and the mighty DEATH!!

Hey Neil,
    How's it going? Been a really longtime, here if your on face book look me up on there, Dave Gregan, anyways, Tom Hayes is in Adelaide, I am in Sydney, go onto my fb page everyone is on it all the old crew, too much fun brother

• Advertisement
Advertisement