Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

opus wrote: »
    Are you doing part of the CCM in June? Glad to see you're on the mend!

Yup, will be doing a relay leg.

Was feeling absolutely exhausted for some reason all day today, and was a bit meh about getting out for a run this evening. Dragged myself out the door anyway, 8km @ 9.50/mile average pace. Took it easy and just enjoyed the music I had on my iPod (the setlist from the Porcupine Tree gig last October), and chilled out. Glad I went out anyway. :)

I pity anyone who was running near me though, had a big scoop of Super Picante salsa on the salad I got in Pablo Picante at lunchtime and it ended up producing a round of machine-gun farting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Noticed your slowly switching to KM's. You know that new fangled measure will never catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I pity anyone who was running near me though, had a big scoop of Super Picante salsa on the salad I got in Pablo Picante at lunchtime and it ended up producing a round of machine-gun farting...
    `

Charming.... I saw you on the Scholarstown Rd as I drove by...Glad now I didn't stop to chat ;)

gerard65 wrote: »
    Noticed your slowly switching to KM's. You know that new fangled measure will never catch on.

I just forgot to switch my Garmin back to miles after Barcelona. Also, 6 min/km is a relatively decent indication of "easy pace" for me.

• Advertisement

Gorgeous day for a run today. 45 minutes with 1 minute surges every 10 minutes was what was on the cards today. 8km covered, average pace overall was 8.55/mile, surges were 1 minutes intervals at 4.45/km pace.

Observation: I am faster when it is warm and sunny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Delighted to see your recovery coming along so well. Fair play to you for your persistance.

You gonna be down in Cark with Mr Bally8 for the relay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

How are you gonna run a relay when you'll spend most of your time there laughing at the local accent? This was you in Mallow when the dude was on stage talking about the race - 516.gif

Sure will be RK, we are hoping to smash last years time of 4:43... or beat it by a second or two at least:D

• Advertisement

Good stuff :)

You'll have to come for a pint with the rest of us afterwards. :D

Count me in- its about time I got in on some of the madness I've been reading about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Gorgeous day for a run today. 45 minutes with 1 minute surges every 10 minutes was what was on the cards today. 8km covered, average pace overall was 8.55/mile, surges were 1 minutes intervals at 4.45/km pace.

Observation: I am faster when it is warm and sunny :D

so am I - because I always forget the suncream ;)

Another "longest run since Barcelona" today :D

11km/6.84 miles (9.23/mile average pace) this morning - first time I could stretch a run out far enough to get down for a lap of Tymon Park in a very long time. Let's just say there was a very big smile on my face when my Garmin first hit 10km and then again when it went over 1 hour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

good stuff! well done :)

On the plan for today - 45 minutes easy. Did 8km @ 9.08/mile pace, slightly faster then intended (due to ignoring the Garmin because I was wearing a long-sleeved tech shirt so checking it required effort) but felt good the whole way around.

On the plan for today - 45 minutes easy. Did 8km @ 9.08/mile pace, slightly faster then intended (due to ignoring the Garmin because I was wearing a long-sleeved tech shirt so checking it required effort) but felt good the whole way around.

What time are you hoping for in Leixlip?

I'm not doing Leixlip. Next race is the Donore 5k on the 28th. Leixlip is just too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

So do we have a team boss?

claralara wrote: »
    So do we have a team boss?

Yes, we are entered. :)

Now to sort out accomodation and all that fun stuff.

• Advertisement

Do we have 4 or 5 in the team?

I have a sister in Glanmire, so I will likely stay with them for a night or two [depending on their schedule, they both travel a lot for work].

We have 5, so only one leg each. Fight amongst yourselves for who gets which one - particularly the glory leg at the end.

Do we have 4 or 5 in the team?

I have a sister in Glanmire, so I will likely stay with them for a night or two [depending on their schedule, they both travel a lot for work].

I'll be in Glanmire too! How are you getting to the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

We have 5, so only one leg each. Fight amongst yourselves for who gets which one - particularly the glory leg at the end.

How about a fight to the death......I mean, a race at the track in UCD for the glory leg! ;)

Hope it goes well for you guys anyway :D

Track session at UCD this evening - warmup, 8x400 cruise intervals with 20-30sec recovery, cooldown. Ended up doing my reps faster than the intended 2:10 pace (1:53-1:56 pace, bad kirby), whoops! Enjoyed the session though, was good to see the usual suspects again and stretch the legs out a bit. :)

Total distance covered 4.29 miles, average moving pace 8.32/mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yes, we are entered. :)

Now to sort out accomodation and all that fun stuff.

Booked into Lancaster lodge myself. the Bro is staying there too.

Tis about €150 per room for the two night, so if you're sharing it's pretty cheap.

Pilates this evening - great core workout, shame about the sheer volume of new-age bull**** the teacher was spouting. Ear acupuncture, detoxes and planetary alignments my hole. Need my run now to properly relax me!

Ha ha I laughed out loud reading that:D

Even the run didn't help to properly relax me. Was nearly 10pm by the time I got out, so kept the run shorter than the scheduled 45 minutes. Did 3.84 miles at an average of 9.31/mile pace. Bloody weather, after being dry all day it started raining just as soon as I stepped off the 49 and was absolutely bucketing by the time I got out. Of course, I got absolutely drenched, and my runners are now sitting at the door stuffed with newspaper in the hope that they'll be dry for tomorrow. Legs not showing any ill effects after yesterday, thankfully, and no pain tonight either.

• Advertisement

after being dry all day it started raining just as soon as I stepped off the 49 and was absolutely bucketing by the time I got out
    I must find out the female equivalent of "man suit" - as woman suit or girl suit juut does not cut it :pac:

Advertisement