Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Decided to switch tomorrow's run to today because I probably won't get a chance to run tomorrow what with Eddie's funeral being on.

On the cards for "Saturday" - 40 minutes with 1 mile at MP. Erm, it wasn't exactly MP. :pac: First mile took about 9.30, then stretched the legs out. 7:50 later, another mile was done. Not strictly intentional (note to self: MP is 9 min/mile...), but running fast on a sunny, warm evening feels great! Ran easy after that, did 4.36 miles (7.01km) in 40 minutes.

Sounds like you're getting there J, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good work, you will be ready for Dublin in no time :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good work, you will be ready for Dunshaughlin/Waterford/etc in no time :pac:

FYP :pac:
    ecoli wrote: »
    Resist Resist. Think of it that 20e will cover your entry fee nearly for Waterford;)

Waterford is worth it just for the Rocky Road afterwards. Sweet jebus, I had SO much of it after the half back in January. :eek:

After eating a whole bag of M&S jelly mini eggs with my breakfast, I had to get myself out for a run this afternoon. Diet has been terrible for the last couple of days so I need to do something about that. Run ended up being slightly longer than I intended too - 8.00km/4.97 miles at 9.32/mile average pace.

19.7 miles this week, split across 5 runs. Getting there. Slowly.

Now to watch GAA with Irish-language commentary. :eek:

Plan for today was 45 minutes easy. Did 8km/4.97 miles in just under 47 minutes (9.26/mile average pace). Pretty happy with that, 2 days in a row with runs around 5 miles. Managed to sting my left calf on a nettle about 15 minutes into the run though! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Getting back into it greatly.

I have a 200gm lindt chocolate bunny here. Yum. I'd share but ..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Getting back into it greatly.

I have a 200gm lindt chocolate bunny here. Yum. I'd share but ..

Save that for next week. Bring it to me along with my tiffin and I'll let you sit at the same table as me.

Managed to sting my left calf on a nettle about 15 minutes into the run though! :eek:

Look before you leap! Pikey poo was it?

mrslow wrote: »
    Pikey poo was it?
    It wasn't actually! Just some stray nettles beside a fence.

It wasn't actually! Just some stray nettles beside a fence.

;) :pac:

• Advertisement

After having to bail on intervals at UCD due to not having my gear with me, finally got out after the Man U match (2-0 to United flattered the **** out of Schalke, Man U should have had 5 by half-time) for a little one. 15 mins up to Bohernabreena church, 6 hill sprints, and back down. Took the run up and back real easy, so overall 9.50/mile average pace. Total distance covered 5.32km/3.31 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done J, you're patience is paying off, some really great runs there!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well dun rainbow! :)

So any news on upcoming short races 5km to 10 km max?

U defo going for Dublin this year??

Perkina3 wrote: »
    U defo going for Dublin this year??
    Eh no ted. :pac:

How come?? You planned any marathons this year??

Btw, out of curiousity where do you find out bout upcoming races.... have exams in Sept but am getting back into serious running and weights training and want a few races to give me something to work towards.

Perkina3 wrote: »
    How come?? You planned any marathons this year??
    Nope. Need to stop getting injured for a while, and need to win Brianderunner's bet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Ask her in 2 months!

Ask her in 2 months!

You all keep saying that. Do ye all think I'm going to give in that easily? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

You all keep saying that. Do ye all think I'm going to give in that easily? :pac:

I think you've answered your own question there!!! But just in case there's a doubt....YES we do :D

Come on... u no u wna :)

• Advertisement

Pilates this evening, and strengthening work after watching the end of Real Madrid v Barcelona when I got home. My core is going to hate me tomorrow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I think you would be good for a 3:50 in Dublin. Best of luck with it RK even though the race entry will be costing you a €110 this year:p

I think you would be good for a 3:50 in Dublin. Best of luck with it RK even though the race entry will be costing you a €110 this year:p

Not gonna happen. Is this log going to end up as 30 pages of me having to repeat on a daily basis "I'm not doing Dublin 2011"? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Not gonna happen. Is this log going to end up as 30 pages of me having to repeat on a daily basis "I'm not doing Dublin 2011"? :pac:

No i reckon we will get bored after 20 pages:)

We'll talk again in June ;)

mrslow wrote: »
    We'll talk again in June ;)

Over a cold frosty pint in Cork?

You had me at hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It might be worth looking into volunteering on the day? as dublin gets closer and closer there will be more and more threads about it, and the temptation (or irritation) will keep growing. But if you have a marathon-related thing that you are doing on the day, you'd still feel involved...? Just a thought....

RayCun wrote: »
    It might be worth looking into volunteering on the day? as dublin gets closer and closer there will be more and more threads about it, and the temptation (or irritation) will keep growing. But if you have a marathon-related thing that you are doing on the day, you'd still feel involved...? Just a thought....

Nice thought Ray but running it may clash with that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Are you doing part of the CCM in June? Glad to see you're on the mend!

Advertisement