Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 27 Atlanta 03.04.2011 * Play by play thread *

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Well that was fairly unimpressive for my first time watching in about 2 years :p Not looking forward to waking up in... 3.. hours or so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I actually feel really bad for sheamo and DB.
    like to be advertised and interviewed about a match he's having, and then to interview DB looking like a child so excited to wrestle his first wm match TODAY. like seriously, what the hell?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just as regards that US title match what has it got to do with Teddy Long storyline wise? It's a Raw title. The whole show seemed a bit improvised for whatever reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    I actually feel really bad for sheamo and DB.
    like to be advertised and interviewed about a match he's having, and then to interview DB looking like a child so excited to wrestle his first wm match TODAY. like seriously, what the hell?!

I booked mania for that match,Cm Punk & HHH vs Taker.What will wwe do when the latter retire,both are in their 40's I hope wwe paid attention during the shambles of a WWE title match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I think it's high time Taker considers his retirement and I say this a massive Taker fan. He damn near killed himself (exaggeration) and was left physically exhausted at the end of the match. As much as I love the character, the wrestler and me wanting him to reach 20-0 at 'mania, seeing him leave the ring in that state saddened me tbh.

As I've said in the aftermath thread, WWE need better writers and bookers. This ppv was pants imo. The first two matches were very good, bordering excellent. Their position on the card leaves a lot to be desired though. I mean World Title match as number one? WTF?! And to leave out the US title match completely? Stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lol bad

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GTR63 wrote: »
    I booked mania for that match,Cm Punk & HHH vs Taker.What will wwe do when the latter retire,both are in their 40's I hope wwe paid attention during the shambles of a WWE title match.
    the actual match was quite good, it was just a poor decision to go the route they did, they didn't need to go that route for a Rock interference and as much as I love the Rock, there was no Wrestlemania ending and after Miz kicked out of the FU I thought that we might get one.

I mean Miz still had the title, why restart it just to finish it 5 seconds again and he still gets the title. It didn't make sense and I thought it would be a great moment for a GM reveal to come in and beat up/distract the Rock and allow Miz to win clean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

just in from the pub,did the undertaker keep the streak? i booked it in but got distracted waste of 21 quid or was it worth it?

Liam O wrote: »
    the actual match was quite good

No it wasn't there was a ref bump(don't ya just love those), loads of interfeerence & some very average wrestling.Its the Main Event of the biggest event in the WWE Calender & that match could of been blown completly out of the water if wwe gave Bryan & Sheamus 10 minutes on a 4 Hour Show.But no lets have Hornswoggle rap,Cole & Lawler go on too long & show a load of stuff that leaves a lot of people short changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GTR63 wrote: »
    No it wasn't there was a ref bump(don't ya just love those), loads of interfeerence & some very average wrestling.Its the Main Event of the biggest event in the WWE Calender & that match could of been blown completly out of the water if wwe gave Bryan & Sheamus 10 minutes on a 4 Hour Show.But no lets have Hornswoggle rap,Cole & Lawler go on too long & show a load of stuff that leaves a lot of people short changed.
    they should have had less time on entrances and stuff like that I agree. About Miz and Cena, the few minutes between the Riley interference and the countout (WHY?!) was some good moments imo so while it wasn't what I wanted there were some good moments.

• Advertisement

Just read the match lengths on ProWrestling.Net combined they lasted about 2 Hours.That means wwe wasted half the Show on Entrances,Promos & Skits.Could they not of squeezed in the US Title match or at least had the 8 Man Tag match go on for longer than a embarrasing 90 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Very disappointed after I kept telling my friend who hasn't seen much WWE in years to "Wait until Bryan and Sheamus come on! They will be fcuking fantastic!". I was looking forward to that as much as The Rock as they're two very talented wrestlers, then they (and we) got screwed.
    As for The Rock/Cena/Miz... Well, for sure this time it was the writers that got that baaaadly wrong. I know when things go right it's the wrestlers, when things go wrong it's the writers, but for sure that was a booking clusterfcuk/brain fart . The Rock got nothing except the blindingly obvious ending, Cena's character went nowhere despite a glorious opportunity for change and The Miz... actually I think the Miz came out the best. He kicked out of the AA and didn't cheat to win. Although I fail to see what giving him a people's elbow sets up.
    Either he's sticking around and it's Rock/Cena or backstage shat their collective pants.
    Biggest shock of the night was Cole being awarded the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

All this talk of worst mania ever is beyond ridic!! Have you people ever watched Mania 11? Mania 13 (outside of one AMAZING match), this was far better than Mania 1, 2 and 4 as well.

It was an average mania. The kind where if you watch it on your own you'll be a bit bored maybe but in a group there was enough entertainment to keep things going.

In particular the Taker/HHH (and i like neither) and the Orton/Punk matches were paced as blowoffs should be. Both started incredibly fast with both throwing everything at the other. Neither had the despised superman finish either which is always nice.

To the person who posted that they don't care about the fans anymore just kids, do they not count? Look at how many of the IWC posters on here that posted saying "Thank god i didn't spend 20euro on this". Why should the WWE pander to the people who don't give them money over the ones who keep the company going? The sense of entitlement is ridic...

A final note. Big Zeke got screwed!!! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement