Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 27 Atlanta 03.04.2011 * Play by play thread *

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

MAJR wrote: »
    Edge/Del Rio was good
    Mysterio/Rhodes was very good
    Orton/Punk was good (but ruined by lack of selling from Orton)
    Corre/Big Show,Kane,Santino and Kofi was a waste of space
    Lawler/Cole dragged on too long and was wasted by the DQ decision
    HHH/Undertaker was good but lacked emotional involvement
    Trish,Snooki,Morrison/Ziggle,Laycool was bad
    Cena/Miz was dreadful.

All in all the worst Wrestlemania I've ever seen. Plus, letting the Rock get over at the expense of Cena andthe Miz is stupid considering the Rock wont be in the company after tonight.
    Ah I think he will be on raw tomorrow for the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

MAJR wrote: »
    Lets face it, the WWE would have been better off dumping the Miz and having Cena/Rock be the main-event match.

This is the whole problem in a nutshell. From the get go nobody gave a toss about Miz/Rock and even in every single promo it was a fued between Rock and fruity pebbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is it not over?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I feel sorry for kane-n-nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Got 6 of my predictions right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

SlickRic wrote: »
    pathetic.

Rock gets over.

that's it.

not even Miz got over and he retained.

pointless.

it sets up Rock/Cena obviously, but that's it.

that should not be what WM is for.

plus, the crowd was so confused, the couldn't get behind what was happening, and the Rock Bottom wasn't the epic moment it should have been anyway.

just awful.

Agreed.

WM has always been a blow off to end everything (even tho you'd have rematches the following ppv. It would blow off everything at the end of the night to then lead on)
    this years was a glorified raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

My word. That's my reminder to not bother watching for another year. Dreadful. Where's the thought? The storylines? The fueds? They've absolutely stopped trying altogether. Pathetic. Glad I didn't fork out for that.

And what happens the Rock now? He'll probably just disappear and show up again in a years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd say he could be a bit more regular than just tomorrow. Not full time but they've a plan for him and Cena surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I quite enjoyed it, the Mysterio/Rhodes and Punk/Orton matches being the highlight for myself. The main event was completely terrible though and left a sour taste in my mouth, though that could just be the flat can of Bavaria I am drinking ;/

The last time I watched a live Wrestlemania, BTW, was X-8, Hogan v Rock. No comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

baz2009 wrote: »
    Quite disappointing.
    Thanks PW forum, ye made it a but interesting! I'm sure I'll revisit.

Get a happier picture of Chico in your sig, he looks like he has seen Mae Young's boobs for the first time.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I feel sorry for kane-n-nite.

I wouldn't. He met taker, orton, countless others, has raw and smackdown to attend.
    I'm sure he's having a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

As far as I'm concerned Taker/HHH was the main event. And it was a good one at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

I enjoyed it too. Good show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭pbffan

Night all, see ye this time next year!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The ppv didnt feel like WM , there were no Wrestlemania moments it was just a random ppv

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

i enjoyed the taker vs triple h match..... everything else was crap!!! the rocks involvement in the whole show was terrible. he either has to get back wrestling or go away. (im saying that as a hugh rock fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

SlickRic wrote: »
    pathetic.

Rock gets over.

that's it.

not even Miz got over and he retained.

pointless.

it sets up Rock/Cena obviously, but that's it.

that should not be what WM is for.

plus, the crowd was so confused, the couldn't get behind what was happening, and the Rock Bottom wasn't the epic moment it should have been anyway.

just awful.

Spot on. Wrestlemania is the culmination of all feuds. When everything is put to bed. Fans in the US won't be happy paying $50 for that.

The Cena/Rock thing is kinda botched a bit now aswell, should have tried to bring Rock back earlier and build towards a match with Cena for this PPV or else parked his return for next year.

The Rock bottom on Cena should have been a huge moment, but it just didnt hit the spot,

very poor Mania overall, some decent matches on the night, but WM is about more than good matches its about the culmination of some epic feuds and story telling. The climax of it all.

Will there be enough outrage over that to make change or is it just going to continue being unentertaining, predictable and unimpressive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

absolute rubbish to be honest and will people stop hyping the rock i love the guy bein round aswell but hes actin the fool and not doing anything
    i enjoyed recent raws more to this to be honest
    and get snooki out of wwe:mad:
    where to end with the outrage of this wrestlmania:rolleyes:
    hhh and taker was a rip off of micheals taker and failed miserabley
    rey mysterios match was best match
    thank god i only streamed this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Anyway, thanks pw forums for putting up with my terrible posting, see you all again for the next ppv I bother to watch. It's been emotional.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Will there be enough outrage over that to make change or is it just going to continue being unentertaining, predictable and unimpressive?

No there won't. Wwe isn't a fan centred company anymore. They won't care. Kids will watch that and love it, and that all that matters to wwe at the end of the day.

How in the blue fcuk did the wwe with the rock, Austin, trish, booker, jr, screw that one up so badly?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

World Wrestling Un-Entertainment

worst WM ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unless the Rock is here for a fued with Cena that end makes no sense. even then so they should have had the Rock screw Cena at the last ppv and have them fight at WM

only match i enjoyed was taker and HHH but as someone mentioned there was no real emotion in the match and im bored of the streak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

absolute rubbish to be honest and will people stop hyping the rock i love the guy bein round aswell but hes actin the fool and not doing anything
    i enjoyed recent raws more to this to be honest
    and get snooki out of wwe:mad:
    where to end with the outrage of this wrestlmania:rolleyes:
    hhh and taker was a rip off of micheals taker and failed miserabley
    rey mysterios match was best match
    thank god i only streamed this

I dont get people fawning over the HHH v Taker match. Crap build up, a succession of near falls, it wasn't that good

It showed us that Taker is barely able to work anymore, and I don't wanna remember him for matches like tonights

Anyway, thanks pw forums for putting up with my terrible posting, see you all again for the next ppv I bother to watch. It's been emotional.

Been a pleasure having you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The ppv didnt feel like WM , there were no Wrestlemania moments it was just a random ppv

Triple H giving Taker a tombstone piledriver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Summerslam trending on twitter. Alot of talk about Cena vs The Rock then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

CMpunked wrote: »
    No there won't. Wwe isn't a fan centred company anymore. They won't care. Kids will watch that and love it, and that all that matters to wwe at the end of the day.

How in the blue fcuk did the wwe with the rock, Austin, trish, booker, jr, screw that one up so badly?!
    To be fair that pretty much says it all really. They shipped in 5 stars from the past severe lack of having any bonafide superstars like they had in the past. Cena great for kids. Orton stale as ****. They were banking on the stars saving them. Some writers will have to be getting the sack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

why would they cut sheamies match/?????

i can think of at least 5 other matchs they could have cut:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

not one happy person here complete dissapointment here guys:(

it didnt gel,make ya feel anything was just dead and theres nothing to come from it really only rock and cena? wow at this stage:rolleyes:

a tlc/hell in a cell was needed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement