Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Outdoor Group

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Theo_Paphitis

Bridge House, Court, Tap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Wont make it sat or sun night this week as were goin off. Might make sunday but cant be sure. Sorry bout that. Any weeknight would do me.

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Wont make it sat or sun night this week as were goin off. Might make sunday but cant be sure. Sorry bout that. Any weeknight would do me.

We can change the date to monday at 8pm, would that suit everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BigUrn

yep, would suit me alright, sure we'll see what suits all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

sorry had no internet the last few days whats the story
    with this

• Advertisement

daithi55 wrote: »
    sorry had no internet the last few days whats the story
    with this

We were hoping to meet up on monday night. Does that suit u?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Count me in, paintballing is savage craic and I love the great outdoors.

woodturner wrote: »
    Count me in, paintballing is savage craic and I love the great outdoors.

Yeah paintballing is great crack. Were planning on meeting up on Monday night at 8. Does that suit u?

We were hoping to meet up on monday night. Does that suit u?

monday evening suits
    but its a lot of hassle getting a baby sitter and stuff for a ten minute meeting

could we not go do something maybe and go an hour earlier
    like an hours walk on kinnity etc and walk and talk at the same time

monday evening suits
    but its a lot of hassle getting a baby sitter and stuff for a ten minute meeting

could we not go do something maybe and go an hour earlier
    like an hours walk on kinnity etc and walk and talk at the same time

I dont really mind man, whatever suits everyone else?

• Advertisement

I dont really mind man, whatever suits everyone else?

its hard to see what suits every1 maybe pm them
    i dont mind what evenig we meet but
    as i said getting a baby sitter for ten minute meeting doesnt really suit
    after driving 30 miles

8 pm Monday, where abouts?

woodturner wrote: »
    8 pm Monday, where abouts?

We were thinking somewhere central, Tullamore seems likely, maybe the bridge, tap or court. Where suits u?

Anywhere in town, I'm only out the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Wow - so jealous you guys! I feel all left out now haha. Ah no, seriously though, best of luck with it. And if you need an extra team member for paintballing after the baby is born ... ;) I love paintballing. Afraid I'm not big on the great outdoors, otherwise I'd have definately joined.

Tullamore Court it is so?!

Wow - so jealous you guys! I feel all left out now haha. Ah no, seriously though, best of luck with it. And if you need an extra team member for paintballing after the baby is born ... ;) I love paintballing. Afraid I'm not big on the great outdoors, otherwise I'd have definately joined.

Storm ur more than welcome to come along at any time. How long to go with the baby? Were not really aiming to become professionals at the Great Outdoors, just have a laugh while were doing Outdoor stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Storm ur more than welcome to come along at any time. How long to go with the baby? Were not really aiming to become professionals at the Great Outdoors, just have a laugh while were doing Outdoor stuff.

10.5 weeks left! So excited!! I just suck at outdoor things - my last hike was a disaster. A group of my friends were going and convinced me to go with them. I wore a maxi dress and gladiator sandals that hurt my feet too bad.
    I can't even bring myself to camp at things like oxygen. :/

I'm good at paintball though! I love it!! So I'd def love to join you guys if you're ever doing it

I'll be there, Monday, Tullamore Court at 8pm. All welcome!!

hoping to be there as well
    if im not count me in anyway as i will be joining

• Advertisement

Hey guys, unfortunately only 2 people showed up to the meeting so from that were gonna try and get some of the local papers to do a press release and put some posters up around town to drum up more interest.*

Well folks, how the meeting go? Sorry i couldn make it.

No bother man, BigUrn is a pretty cool girl, a lot of positivity but we need more interest. Were gonna put up some posters and try and get some free press releases and see how it goes.

No bother man, BigUrn is a pretty cool girl, a lot of positivity but we need more interest. Were gonna put up some posters and try and get some free press releases and see how it goes.

i thought putting up posters was the plan from the start
    sure your never going to get enough interest from making a post on bords .ie

what id advise is sending a pm to the people interested on here
    send them posters
    and get them to stick up posters in there area
    so your covering a broader area and a bit of radio advertsining would be good to

i thought putting up posters was the plan from the start
    sure your never going to get enough interest from making a post on bords .ie

what id advise is sending a pm to the people interested on here
    send them posters
    and get them to stick up posters in there area
    so your covering a broader area and a bit of radio advertsining would be good to

Ok, will you help organise it so? BigUrn and I dont want to be lumbered with doing all the work here.

Points taken Daithi and in agreement, i said i would do the poster last week but im doing a college course etc and finished the poster the other night and brought it to the meeting to show everyone and get some imput. I thought all interested from Boards was going to the meeting...........

at the meeting decided to put the poster in
    Tullamore Library
    Bridge Centre
    VEC
    Schools
    Gyms
    Some Pubs etc

This will be done over the weekend and some over the next few days hopefully, if anyone else is in a position to do it before then please do throw in your oar!

Theo said Macra Na Feirme maybe and that he would organise a free press release etc in some of the papers if possible, he said he would print off as many as needed for posters. Radio advertising will cost money im sure unless somebody knows a way around this.

I will send around the poster tomorrow night by pm's to all that said they were interested here, please feel free to put it up wherever you think it might gain some interest.

What i would say is and unlike Theo, i speak for myself only when i say this, but this is going to take a group effort to make it happen, make it fun, enjoyable, for organising and to keep the costs low.

I also wont be involved in any activities until June when i finish my exams, however i am helping out now to get this off the ground. Beyond these posters, this is all i will be doing as i just dont have the spare time at the moment.

So

From the posters going up, press releases etc there will be emails coming in and people will need replies, so maybe some of you lads that said you were interested would divvy it up between yourselves to answer the mails etc? Theo has passwords.

Check back at places you put up posters to see if anyone took the mail address. if not maybe move it somewhere else where it might get interest.

A Facebook page also would be a help, Theo has ideas for this and of course, incorporate the poster. if anyone wants to volunteer to do this also?

All ideas etc welcome.

If everyone helps out a bit, it’ll happen.......................

Ok, will you help organise it so? BigUrn and I dont want to be lumbered with doing all the work here.

ya il give a hand no hassle
    if bigurn sends me the posters in an email or by post not sure hows shes doing it il put them up in birr
    im busy for the next few weeks with holidays and weddings so wont be able to do anything till mid may but might be free on the odd day

maybe if we ask midlands radio 3 the might put a free word in for us

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm a manager of a soccer team that is coming up to the end of the season, I'm involved heavily with All The Way Round charity drive here on Boards and am finishing up building my own house. I honestly couldn't commit any major commitment to anything else at the moment. I probably won't be able to commit to anything till probably June.

Ok great, think you can send attachments through pm's so will try and do it that way, have to change one or two things on the poster, wont get a chance till tomorrow, we'll just try and get a hefty level of interest and see where it pans out.

Methinks the Summer months might be better for everyone, more free time etc.

• Advertisement

I let Theo know i wouldn be at the meeting. But fire me a pm with the posters or facebook page and il help out no probs. I can also through a few into shops in clonaslee, might get a few interested people seeing them on a walk up the slieve blooms. Let me know how i can help. Might go for a walk up the mountains or somewhere at the weekend if anyone interested in tagging along.

Advertisement