Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

Couldn't go anywhere in the snow but I was nice and toasty

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

smacl wrote: »
    445465.JPG
    Bottle tower at lunch today

So funny, I was in that exact spot yesterday myself at about 4ish. It's fun riding up the dirt road on your road bike (32 mm tyres in fairness), feels like you're getting away with something...

Ps that's the leadmines chimney at Ballycorus, isn't it? The bottle tower is in Churchtown, no?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

LennoxR wrote: »
    Ps that's the leadmines chimney at Ballycorus, isn't it? The bottle tower is in Churchtown, no?

Yep, my mistake. Also have 32s on my CX bike and love throwing in a bit of light off-road, though the shoulders are somewhat banjaxed at present which makes it a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

445465.JPG
    Bottle tower at lunch today

Knobblies or semi's? Brookes or San Marco?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

aloyisious wrote: »

Marathon supremes which are pretty much slicks and B17. Kept meaning to put the knobblies on put never got around to it. Really want to pick up a spare set of wheels that I can leave set-up for off road and just grab on a whim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

aloyisious wrote: »

On mine for what it's worth, 32 mm continental 'touring plus' tyres, which are kind of semi-slick. Actually pretty good on dirt roads. I wouldn't do rocky single track or deep mud on them though obviously. But they do make my reserve road bike a bit more adaptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Marathon supremes which are pretty much slicks and B17. Kept meaning to put the knobblies on put never got around to it. Really want to pick up a spare set of wheels that I can leave set-up for off road and just grab on a whim.

Stagg cycles in Lucan builds wheels.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

j9m8Bufl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Sun creeping up over Howth Head this morning

446040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

mike_ie wrote: »
    j9m8Bufl.jpg
    Grand Palace?

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Grand Palace?

Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

A bit of snow on Sunday
    QPy3H58.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Burren, Bank Holiday Monday
    4fdv67A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A few from a spin up to Sally Gap yesterday.

2mhs8c8.jpg

muwdfm.jpg

2w4lm5k.jpg

3451k04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

A few from a spin up to Sally Gap yesterday.

Do some people just drive up almost hoping to get stuck so they have some thing to post on Social Media to tell others all about their disaster. .

It’s a shame that other idiots still think the Sally Gap / Bogland in general is a great place to burn out a car, destroying the tarmac in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    It’s a shame that other idiots still think the Sally Gap / Bogland in general is a great place to burn out a car, destroying the tarmac in the process.

I'd day that Suzuki was abandoned during the snow and burnt out by passing scum bags. The shame is that it's probably more capable off road than that landcruiser that won't be going anywhere soon and not a shovel in sight I'd say. What were they thinking and baby passenger aswell? The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I'd day that Suzuki was abandoned during the snow and burnt out by passing scum bags. The shame is that it's probably more capable off road than that landcruiser that won't be going anywhere soon and not a shovel in sight I'd say. What were they thinking and baby passenger aswell? The mind boggles.

It just shows you that some people don’t look at road signage, even if they say “Road Closed”

Pity about the Suzuki but same applies to the owners of that. You don’t go up there if it’s snowing/has snowed unless you have winter tyres and chains...

The council should put a barrier on Sally Gap and just close it. It is weird they have not cleared it by now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is the Landcruiser on the road? I nearly went up there today, I thought it would be passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thargor wrote: »
    Is the Landcruiser on the road? I nearly went up there today, I thought it would be passable.

I'd say he's near the road but as ye know the roads are barely a cars width with drops either side and no snow markers either side. You'd easily end up completely off course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Foggy as fook this morning up in Howth.

448608.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Glorious up in the Dublin mountains this morning:

id89ya.jpg

2cfs0ty.jpg

pvlls.jpg

My local trails
    CY4Jwy5.jpg

Finale Ligure

gkw3oJ7.jpg

Biopace wrote: »
    Finale Ligure

gkw3oJ7.jpg

Were you on holidays over there? Bring your own bike or rent?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Were you on holidays over there? Bring your own bike or rent?

Yes over for 4 days last week, went over with my own bike, savage place:)

xxyyzz wrote: »
    My local trails
    im]
    Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Thargor wrote: »
    Ireland?

Killarney at a guess

I thought something like that but then I started getting a kind of New Zealand vibe from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Manor Kilbride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

8ydyyf.jpgManor Kilbride

Advertisement