Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Showers: 2nd April 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Is it bad that I'm looking at every plane landing waiting to see if one strikes it?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Major thunder/lightning in Finglas!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Not a drop here all day, sun shining , can't complain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

Massive hail dump/thunder/lightening in Citywest in past 20 mins. My dog is glued to my hip with his face buried under my arm, big scaredy cat that he is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Been a lovely day here in Galway city, sunny, a bit breezy but feels warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Bow echo over Tipp?

34e92de.gif

Edit : Not so much on the latest radar. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Even work can't stop me watching the weather ha! Went out the back for the thunder and lightning ... Was amazing! Got some on my phone ( will upload later)

Then I went it and part 2 came , along wit a huge bang of thunder ( must of been real close ! )

And Maq, that does look like a bow echo indeed! Hopefully some people got some nice pics! ,

The band of shower crossing the country hopefully keeps it's strength for the east for round 3 ha :D

Off now in 10 mins , wahoo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

irishdub14 wrote: »
    Is it bad that I'm looking at every plane landing waiting to see if one strikes it?! :)

Yes it is!

Serious cloud building to the west here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Bow echo over Tipp?

Time for tornado watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing here, every time it looks like it might rain (in about 10 mins as I type) it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

MT update:

UPDATE _ Saturday 7 p.m.

Severe storm alert required for Kilkenny, Carlow and north Waterford into parts of Wexford and Wicklow counties, possible hail and downpours to 30 mms, now to 8:30 p.m. ... In general, a few other isolated hail or thunder storms still possible but activity likely to die away gradually after sunset.

Actual weather in Kilkenny! :eek:

Time for tornado watching?

Nah, maybe a funnel was possible there earlier but its weakening now on radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Bow echo over Tipp?

153827.gif

All I see is a whole lot of nothing over Co. Galway! :mad::mad:

Congrats to those who struck it lucky today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Nah, maybe a funnel was possible there earlier but its weakening now on radar.
    Haha, I had started typing before you edited to say it was weakening, it can be slow browsing on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Whats a bow echo?as referred to in the above posts

4Sheets wrote: »
    Whats a bow echo?as referred to in the above posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_echo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Getting very dark here but feel that cell will just miss Waterford City :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

In stark contrast, its been a beautiful day here, warm, calm and sunny all day. Cant really complain but its been an age since I've experienced anything more than a few isolated claps of thunder so naturally envious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bit cool for a Derecho, even in the sunny south east. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

getting a bit cloudy here in arklow but still nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

was driving on M50 south bound during that thunder cell earlier,the rain from just past finglas to clondalkin was the heaviest iv ever driven through (squeeky bum),visability down to a few feet but saw beautiful fork lightening before rain started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,634 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Terrifying experience on Kill Hill near Kill Village. Lightning bolt hit the ground literally a few hundred yards from where me and the mutts were cowering under a gorse bush in heavy hail:eek: - I've never seen a T Storm develope so fast in my life which is why I got caught out in such circumstances. I've aged at least 5 years in just 30 minutes today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Feckin' hate this unsettled February to April weather that veers between winter and spring. Of late there's been sun, wind, torrential rain, humidity, awful clammy damp cold - heating needs to be on, heating needs to be off. Make up your mind, weather! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Heard my clap of thunder of 2011 today:D Was just the one thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Unfortunately i slept through this:mad::
    153920.gif

Any wexford witnesses to this? A lot of folk where talking bout it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Sorry for the Shake!, was on the iphone, while also looking about.

Advertisement