Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlezone 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Anyone got the complete card results?
    The ones Barry Tweeted are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Anyone got any thoughts on Ryan Curtis' fight? Barry said it was a razor-thin split decision, just wondering what other people thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Anyone got any thoughts on Ryan Curtis' fight? Barry said it was a razor-thin split decision, just wondering what other people thought.
    Most people I heard discussing it reckoned Ryan took it. Didnt see it myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

It could also be that Brian is just the better fighter. Not disrespecting Gary, but Brian is a very good fighter, a beast in the gym!

Sorry if it came across that we thought Gary was beaten by lads not good enough-thats not what i was saying, was just saying the training camp was limited so making a defense for the coaching been called into question!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Congratulations have to go out to Andy and team for doing a great show, it went great as usual and crowd seemed happy with the night..

Well done to all involved..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Judomad wrote: »
    yeah because Brian Moore and Connor Dillon are pure cans right :rolleyes:

Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris
    9-9-1
    Pride & Glory European Lightweight Champion

Brian Moore 1-0-0 (When he fought you)
    Connor Dillon 2-1-0 (When he fought you)
    cowzerp wrote: »
    Gary has had injuries and they have affected his 2 training camps massively, he was healthy to fight but not at 100%, He's not the type to make excuses but this is a fact.

This was not down to coaching this much i can tell you straight out, would you rather he pulled out?

Personally I think if anything it further underpins the point on his coaching . Any coach that would allow a fighter to enter the cage when not 100% at this level where he could get hurt is dangerous at best and negligent at worst.

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Gary "The Dumptruck" Morris
    9-9-1
    Pride & Glory European Lightweight Champion

Brian Moore 1-0-0 (When he fought you)
    Connor Dillon 2-1-0 (When he fought you)

Personally I think if anything it further underpins the point on his coaching . Any coach that would allow a fighter to enter the cage when not 100% at this level where he could get hurt is dangerous at best and negligent at worst.

That record is comprised of amateur and semi pro fights aswell as pro so looks different than it should be.

Also most fighters fight at less than 100%

He was not in a position where he could not fight, not been 100% does not mean you should pull, if i pull a lad it's because he is injured and cant compete, gary won the 1st in my opinion so its not like he got beat down from the start

your comment shows your lack of understanding of the sport, the refs do a great job of protecting fighters who can also tap at any time, i was going to throw the towel in the 2nd till gary got safe so could not, fighters lose fights, thats garys level and this was not a mismatch like you are making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That's ridiculous tbh. If everbody waited till they were 100% there'd be no fights at all.
    I'm pretty sure most fighters have fought with some type of niggling injury but due to the nature of the sport they fight through the pain because missing out on a fight could leave you waiting months for another chance. Its just the way the sport is and happens at every level.

Its worth noting he was not injured in the fight, he simply was not as fit and sharp as he normally would be.

Oh and Brian was 4 fights unbeaten going into the fight and very confident he'd win.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous tbh. If everbody waited till they were 100% there'd be no fights at all.
    I'm pretty sure most fighters have fought with some type of niggling injury but due to the nature of the sport they fight through the pain because missing out on a fight could leave you waiting months for another chance. Its just the way the sport is and happens at every level.

Exactly-ideally fighters would be at 100% but its not realistic to expect that in a sport where injuries are common place and certain injuries can rule out or hinder many training things such as grappling, Boxing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Anakin.s who are you just as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Frankly your speaking out of your arse and just using this to take a shot of Paul.

The way your banging on people would think Gary was out classed and beaten in the first round, this wasn't the case and he toughed it out against a tough & determined opponent - to do so took a fighter closer to 100% than I suspect you've ever been, it took 100% heart anyway.

And balls on you knocking Paul as a coach, seem's Mick was happy enough with his coach at 2 mins 30 secs of the Battlezone III clip here;

Gary hasn't voiced his opinion on Cowzer as his coach, maybe he will - Gary?.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mouthalmighty

Anakin S I don't feel there is a need to attack someone like that. Gary lost, everybody does. THe only dude who hasn't lost is the lad who hasn't fought. At this foetal stage that Irish MMA is in anybody could feasibly beat anybody else on any given day.

Christ, Paul Cowzer has some of the best standup in Irish MMA IMO & on any day a clown like me could knock him out (granted a heavy stick, a fast getaway car & Paul being asleep may help).

Does this phenomenon mean Paul is crap as a fighter? No, he just got caught
    Does it mean his coach is clueless? No, he just got caught

4oz gloves also mean that when ya get a clean puck one starts losing martial arts credentials as the body enters survival mode

Also I've never seen a 100% healthy fighter & I've been to alot of events

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

For a forum that's about a combat sport, there really is some amount of bitching and whining going on. It's amazing what people will say when they don't have to say it to someone's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Gary hasn't voiced his opinion on Cowzer as his coach, maybe he will - Gary?.

to be honest do i really need to even say anything here........for anybody to doubt Paul's credentials or doubt RFA as a club is deluded!!! look at the last year of RFA fights...out of roughly 30 fights wev had like 24-25 wins.....do i really need to tell people its a good club lol.....
    as for Paul, as a person i have NEVER had such an amazing coach when it comes to fight, physical and most importantly MENTALLY....hes there no matter when u need him...as a coach and a friend.....
    So for anybody to post and doubt him is rediculous and highly insulting........

And Barry ur no angel, u had ur lil dig at me too lol so sunno why ur saying theres bitching going on hahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Judomad wrote: »
    to be honest do i really need to even say anything here........for anybody to doubt Paul's credentials or doubt RFA as a club is deluded!!! look at the last year of RFA fights...out of roughly 30 fights wev had like 24-25 wins.....do i really need to tell people its a good club lol.....
    as for Paul, as a person i have NEVER had such an amazing coach when it comes to fight, physical and most importantly MENTALLY....hes there no matter when u need him...as a coach and a friend.....
    So for anybody to post and doubt him is rediculous and highly insulting........

And Barry ur no angel, u had ur lil dig at me too lol so sunno why ur saying theres bitching going on hahaha

Gary I'm sure you think that was a dig but it was actually an appraisal of what I saw. I said it to Paul on Saturday, and if you'd asked, I'd have said it to you. You really need to develop some thicker skin if you're asking people to pay money to see you fight professionally. I've seen you both fight, I thought you could beat Conor but it was likely to go the distance. Whenever people asked which way it would go, that was what I told them. When you stepped in I thought you looked soft and Conor looked like he'd worked harder, I thought you were in for a long night. That's the way it turned out.

I watch, commentate, coach and judge hundreds of fights a year and I give an honest appraisal of each one. I reserve the right to do that whatever way I see fit. You can like that or lump it as far as I'm concerned but don't ever feel that I'd have to resort to a "dig". If I have something to say I'll say it. If you're offended by that, then don't take fights in print of 800 paying punters.

Advertisement