Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battlezone 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

tyreman1 wrote: »
    john halligan vs ciaran carney has war wrote all over it
    Lookin forward to that one myself. Pity Ill have other things to worry bout other than watching it at that point
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Noel O' Byrne V Derek Byrne omitted from the card??

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

That_Guy wrote: »
    Noel O' Byrne V Derek Byrne omitted from the card??

Noel has a new opponent from hurricane martial arts as Derek had to pull due to medical advice. Pity that would have been a good match up as they are quiet similar. I wish Derek a speedy recovery too, he's a good guy

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭TEAM RYANO

BATTLEZONE 3 DOORS 7 FIRST FIGHT 7.30
    D4 HOTEL
    ALL FIGHTERS BE AT THE VENUE FOR 4 PM
    WEIGH INS FRI AT 7PM IN THE HOTEL ALL WELCOME

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Barry.Commins

Will there be tickets available on the door?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is anyone tweeting the results?.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Will there be tickets available on the door?

Yeah anybody know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 damox1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Yeah anybody know this?

I'm sure there will be some tickets on the door, get there early, gonna be a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone know any of the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anyone know any of the results?

http://twitter.com/#!/barryoglesby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

^^Haha brilliant. Thought the same myself.

Just back from a night out after the show and it was a great night. A well organised show and a good night all round.

Great win for Dillon--a dominant performance throughout.

Big thanks to the promoters for putting on a fantastic show, and well done to all fighters involved. Thouroughly enjoyable. :)

Yeah that one was a massive mismatch alriight. Dunno how many people I heard shouting for it to be stopped earlier. Not something you hear too often. Otherwise great jobs done by the officials tonight:D
    Thanks to dave in my fight. Cant have any complaints about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Great night,some great fights,I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Oh,and the ring girl's were awesome,especially the dark haired girl!

Well done everyone involved!

Oh,and the ring girl's were awesome,
    Cant help but make that comment every Battlezone;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Yeah that one was a massive mismatch alriight. Dunno how many people I heard shouting for it to be stopped earlier. Not something you hear too often. Otherwise great jobs done by the officials tonight:D
    Thanks to dave in my fight. Cant have any complaints about that one.

I hope he went backstage and side-kicked his coach in the face for putting him in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Gary Morris was a good fighter before his time off but his return has disappointed me with his last couple of performances from a MMA fans point of view.

I would seriously have to his question his choice of coaching after matches with relatively inexperienced fighters resulting in comprehensive defeates.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

bit harsh.2 tough fights.once he gets a win again he will more than likely go on a win streak alot of it is confidence i dont think there s any need to question his choice of coaching

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I thought Gary looked a little soft getting in, and once I saw that I had an idea the fight would go the way it did as I couldn't see Dillon being finished.

Connor Dillon is tough. Works like a plough horse right through every fight I've seen him in. He obviously trains hard and while I think he's a 2nd tier pro, I would say that anyone who gets in with him without preparing is in for a long night.

After talkin to Conor for the 1st time can say hes a top bloke. If only the same could be said for much of his support. The banners and people rushing up to the barriers is a bit much. I asked them to get down or move back from the barrier which was met with a most polite F*ck Off! from one of his female supporters. Took Richie quite a few attempts to get them to crouch down too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Gary Morris was a good fighter before his time off but his return has disappointed me with his last couple of performances from a MMA fans point of view.

I would seriously have to his question his choice of coaching after matches with relatively inexperienced fighters resulting in comprehensive defeates.

Gary has had injuries and they have affected his 2 training camps massively, he was healthy to fight but not at 100%, He's not the type to make excuses but this is a fact.

This was not down to coaching this much i can tell you straight out, would you rather he pulled out?

Also the 2 opponents where tough opponents who where both very sharp and up and comers-People forget Gary is only 22 and has years before he peaks.

Gary got considered a top fighter too soon and still needs to work his way up the ladder and these fights will do him no harm as now he knows he needs to train harder than before to get fitter, stonger and sharper.

Also with 18 months out he needs a good camp and to be 100% going in to show his true abilities.

Gary will be back but there is no pressure on him to be the best right now, he just needs to get fit and work his way back up the ladder.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Conor is a sound lad, trains like a demon and is a very confident fighter.

His supporters are a bit full on though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

yeah because Brian Moore and Connor Dillon are pure cans right :rolleyes:

I would disagree on the coaching, rush have a great team, there record speaks for itself and the two guys he fought were very tough opponents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HOBO 83

Because Gary's not gonna get on and make excuses for himself I'm gonna make one for him. And I'm not trying to take anything away from either of the two lads Gary fought because they both done a great job.
    Gary broke his thumb four weeks before his fight with Brian Moore and could barely train for the fight but fought anyway were most would have pulled! Early in the fight against Brian Gary really hurt it badly which carried the same injury into the trainin camp for the Conor Dillon fight. Although a broken thumb may not sound like much to you it seriously effects your fight training.

And as for your comment about Gary's choice of coaching, I don't know who you think you are to comment on the credentials of RFA, but I do know what you are, and that's very uneducated. Because the results speak for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

It could also be that Brian is just the better fighter. Not disrespecting Gary, but Brian is a very good fighter, a beast in the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

*cough cough* there was 15 other fights!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Any photos or video from the event available?.

Judomad wrote: »
    *cough cough* there was 15 other fights!!!!!!!
    *cough cough* 14. Remember;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Anyone got the complete card results?

Advertisement