Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Lockdown 2011 Pre-Show Thread

Options
  • 17-03-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭

lock2011.jpg?w=216&h=360 TNA Lockdown 2011

Sting (c) vs Mr. Anderson vs Rob Van Dam for the TNA Title will headline the Lockdown PPV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lockdown Cage Match
    Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett

Lockdown Cage Match - TNA Women's Knockout Championship Match
    Madison Rayne (c) vs. Mickie James
    (James' hair is on the line)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

ppv1a.jpg

LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
    Mr. Anderson vs. champion "The Icon" Sting vs. Rob Van Dam

ppv1b.jpg

LETHAL LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Immortal vs. Fortune

ppv2.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle

ppv2a.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan

ppv3.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Mickie James vs. champion Madison Rayne
    (Mickie's Hair vs. Madison's Knockouts Title)

ppv4.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    The Pope vs. Samoa Joe

ppv5.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    The X Division Xscape Match

]ppv6.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Ink Inc vs. Crimson/Steiner vs. Jordan/Young vs. Magnus/Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Will be sure to check out Angle/Jarrett, should be a corker. Rest of the card looks missable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This thread might not see much action this weekend lol

TNA Lockdown : Featuring the entire TNA roster. (lol, there's 35 on the card excluding Karen)

Lethal Lockdown is always fun....woah, where's AJ?? Dammit!

Great to see Suicide getting a run-out. He's mah boy! I thought
    Daniels was back, as Daniels
    though? Finally, a spot-fest. I miss the monthly X-D spotfests. Too much average wrestling quality under the HogOff regime.

Angle/Jarrett should be a corker but i feel we've seen it a million times already. Although this should be the blowoff.

That main event.....what a stinker. Anderson and RVD just don't have good matches together and it's not sting's forte!!

i'll still watch though, it's free lol

i think its kioshi in the suicide suit now. daniels will replace aj in the lethal lockdown match.i'm not sure if they are kayfabe selling his injury from bubba or he is legit injured.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ayatollah wrote: »
    i think its kioshi in the suicide suit now. daniels will replace aj in the lethal lockdown match.i'm not sure if they are kayfabe selling his injury from bubba or he is legit injured.

Suicide AND Daniels on the same PPV? :eek::pac::pac:

We just need Curry Man on it and we'll be complete :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

This is shaping up to be a pretty decent show. The card at least looks the best this year although that's not saying much. One issue I have is that there are 3 matches with a load of people in it and I'm wondering if that's overkill.

I'd say we'll see AJ show up at some point on the show.

Looking forward to it anyway, hopefully the next two weeks of TV will build it up even better.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

do'h

my bad

thread merge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

sounds like a decent ppv on paper at least

• Advertisement

ayatollah wrote: »
    do'h

my bad

thread merge?

Maybe a mod would please merge ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe a mod would please merge ;)

Sorry I wasnt arsed before as This one had much more posts and info while the other one had slid down the pages but done..... other mods would say lay off the back seat modding though but dont worry Liz your back as thread starter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I havn't seen or read anything about tonight's go-home Impact show, but with three babyfaces in the main event, I predict that Kennedy or RVD (I'm leaning more towards Kennedy) are turning heel this Sunday and joining Immortal, thus taking the spot void by Jeff Hardy.

Angle/Jarrett should be awesome.

I love Madison Rayne and I think she's the best female heel in either TNA or WWE right now (Vickie Guerrero garners amazing heat, but unfortunately can't wrestle) but I don't want to see Mickie James shaven (well, on her head anyway) so hopefully James wins this one.

I wonder if that 4-way Tag-Team match is for the #1 contenders for the Tag-Team belts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

jaykhunter wrote: »
    TNA Lockdown : Featuring the entire TNA roster. (lol, there's 35 on the card excluding Karen)
    l
    Actually TNA list 70 wrestler on there roster page which is far to many IMO. No MCMG or gen me on thei PPV as of yet takes it down a notch. Havnt watched impact for months, TNA just dont know how to build a match or a star but still there should be some good matches on this PPV so I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Charisteas wrote: »
    I havn't seen or read anything about tonight's go-home Impact show,

Next weeks iMPACT! is the go home show. Daniels has been officially added to Lethal Lockdown and Shelley has been taken out of the Xscape match.

I'll never understand why they don't put this on TV on the go home show. It usually sells the PPV much better than iMPACT! does.

Next weeks iMPACT! is the go home show.

Ah yeah I got my dates mixed up, damn thought it was this Sunday!

Actually TNA list 70 wrestler on there roster page which is far to many IMO. No MCMG or gen me on thei PPV as of yet takes it down a notch. Havnt watched impact for months, TNA just dont know how to build a match or a star but still there should be some good matches on this PPV so I'll have a look.

GenMe and Chris Sabin are in the 8-man X-Division X-scape match, Alex Shelley is injured with a broken collarbone though.

999cf916d676bcea9e5646256b3e0198_L.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Mr. Anderson vs. champion "The Icon" Sting vs. Rob Van Dam
    ppv1a.jpg
    LETHAL LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Immortal vs. Fortune
    Bully Ray, Ric Flair, Abyss and Matt Hardy vs. Christopher Daniels, X-Division Champion Kazarian and Tag Team Champions Beer Money (Robert Roode and James Storm)
    lethallockdown.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    2/3 Falls - 1st Fall: Pinfall, 2nd Fall: Submission, 3rd Fall: Escape the Cage
    Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
    ppv2.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    (Mickie's Hair vs. Madison's Knockouts Title)

Mickie James vs. champion Madison Rayne
    ppv3.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Hernandez vs. Matt Morgan
    ppv2a.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    The Pope vs. Samoa Joe
    ppv4.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    The X Division Xscape Match

Jeremy Buck vs. Max Buck vs. Suicide vs. Robbie E vs. Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. The Amazing Red vs. Brian Kendrick
    ppv5a.jpg
    LOCKDOWN CAGE MATCH
    Ink Inc vs. Crimson/Steiner vs. Jordan/Young vs. The British Invasion
    ppv6.jpg
    Opening to Lockdown:

Before the Bell:

Preview of the World Title match:

Should be an awesome PPV. Are they pinfall matches, or is the only way to win by escaping the cage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Should be an awesome PPV. Are they pinfall matches, or is the only way to win by escaping the cage?

Lethal Lockdown

The first match ever announced for a Lockdown pay per view was the Lethal Lockdown, a variant of the WarGames match popularized in World Championship Wrestling. The match features a multi-man competition in which opponents from each team enter in alternating fashion. Victory can only be gained after everyone has entered the cage. The match has evolved over the years, developing from a three-on-three match (2005) to a four-on-four (2006 & 2009) to a five-on-five (2007–2008). Since 2006, the match also includes a roof to the cage, making it the only match with such a feature in TNA, until TNA introduced The Asylum.
    URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=TNA_Lockdown&action=edit&section=4"]edit[/URL Xscape Match

The second annually featured match on a Lockdown PPV was the Xscape match. Consisting of a multi-stage, multi-wrestler competition, the rules involve wrestlers eliminating each other by pinfall or submission. Once the competition is down to two wrestlers, the two remaining competitors attempt to escape the cage by climbing out over the top or through the door. The second stage of this match is based on the concept of the Blassie cage match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Really looking forward to Angle vs Jarrett the rest of the card is a bit mixed. Hopefully Flair will give me a few cheap laughs like he did at last years Lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Good looking card, all the matches have my attention. Build up has been good too. Hopefully the show delivers. TNA need a quality PPV under their belt especially after last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

TNA seems decent enough, at least the matches do. Might have a look at this as cages are always good.

Remember catching a glimpse of something about year back, it was like a big line of beams high over the ring. What match is that called?

http://twitter.com/TNAwrestling
    Tonight's Lockdown PPV is currently scheduled to open with the X Division Xscape Match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    TNA seems decent enough, at least the matches do. Might have a look at this as cages are always good.

Remember catching a glimpse of something about year back, it was like a big line of beams high over the ring. What match is that called?

The match with the Beams was called a Elevation X Match it was Tna's equivalent of a scaffold match. They have a big gerder set up for some Ultimate X matches.

Could Jeff Hardy return tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Could Jeff Hardy return tonight?

1145798-941670_937204_facepalm_implied_super_super_super.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this recorded and then broadcast, or should I be able to find a stream for it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,872 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bishop in main event ?

Please no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Is this recorded and then broadcast, or should I be able to find a stream for it tonight?

It's on live now, airs on Challenge on Wednesday

Advertisement