Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 01/04

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wouldn't choose her in a fit to be my wedding planner.

I would want someone a little bit more glamourous and a little more sophisticated.
    :eek: when I was getting married I couldn't give a *****e about what anyone looked like, my eyes were on Mr D only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I like Brenda, she's a great actress, twice oscar nominated and she still seems very down to earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yay Irish connection :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I like Brenda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cummybaby

I have been following this enjoyable and insightful thread for a couple of weeks now. Such comments, such characters. A couple of minutes ago I was hit by a thought with the force of bullet: Maybe the problem isn't this piece of poop called the Late Late. Maybe as a small culture this all we have to offer. Recycled trad bands, actors, couple of sportstars. That's our lot.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Reminds me of an older Christian Bale.

yeah, he does look like an older Bale alright.. He's much bigger than Pacino, who's quite small.. when he walked out he was taller than Tubridy (who's about 6' 2) and three times as wide as Tubridy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I always thought he is a great actor,its just a pity he choose the LLS to do his first chatshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

well offff to the pub now i have a life:eek::eek::eek:
    lucky you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

MrsD007 wrote: »
    :eek: when I was getting married I couldn't give a ****e about what anyone looked like, my eyes were on Mr D only

Yeah but when you were making wedding arrangements with Mr D surely you chose a wedding planner that you felt you could work easily with and listen to rabbiting on.

I also think wedding plans are aspirational and as such I would choose a planner who I felt could give me the extra special wedding I aspired to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Disappointed with the homophobia in this thread tonight and the lack of the usual humour.

That's normal here, unfortunately. Usual suspects.
    There is humour though, or maybe I'm just finding things funny that aren't because of the amount of beer I'm guzzling :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mats_mats

I'm from Austria and follow the show via IP-stream....
    found them quite interesting!
    Tnx for replying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Cummybaby wrote: »
    I have been following this enjoyable and insightful thread for a couple of weeks now. Such comments, such characters. A couple of minutes ago I was hit by a thought with the force of bullet: Maybe the problem isn't this piece of poop called the Late Late. Maybe as a small culture this all we have to offer. Recycled trad bands, actors, couple of sportstars. That's our lot.

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves..."
    Ah... Yeah....

casio4 wrote: »
    lucky you :D

Wilma is that you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

yeah, he does look like an older Bale alright.. He's much bigger than Pacino, who's quite small.. when he walked out he was taller than Tubridy (who's about 6' 2) and three times as wide as Tubridy..

He's hawt

mats_mats wrote: »
    I'm from Austria and follow the show via IP-stream....found them quite interesting!

Danú

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hinds is toe curlingly inarticulate. I'm a bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

Yeah but when you were making wedding arrangements with Mr D surely you chose a wedding planner that you felt you could work easily with and listen to rabbiting on.

I also think wedding plans are aspirational and as such I would choose a planner who I felt could give me the extra special wedding I aspired to have.

I get what your saying.. But how come people cant plan their own weddings anymore??.. Is it then not more.. You??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Tnx for replying!

G'day mate!

amdublin wrote: »
    He's hawt

So if you found a small girl who looked like him, you would be happy?

Tnx for replying!

Westlife.

• Advertisement

TBH Mr D and I planned our wedding ourselves, we knew exactly the type of wedding we wanted and thankfully it was really great - all four days of it :D

oicherider wrote: »
    I get what your saying.. But how come people cant plan their own weddings anymore??.. Is it then not more.. You??

Yes people can plan their own weddings.

If they choose to work with a planner they will choose the planner that they feel will get them the wedding that they want, I would think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mats_mats

guys, I'm not from AustrALia, but Austria and I know it wasnt Westlife, my little Irish friend ;)

guys, I'm not from AustrALia, but Austria and I know it wasnt Westlife, my little Irish friend ;)

Is this your first experience of the famous Irish humour?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Fair dinkum Bruce!

If they choose to work with a planner they will choose the planner that they feel will get them the wedding that they want, I would think!
    Depends on the venue Diddler. Sometimes a hotel will only let you work with their planner. Anyway, when are you getting hitched???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

The new Garda Camera Vans are in places where no people have died, they are in places where they can collect a large amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

I suppose.. I think it would still feel like cogging to me though..

I think the person he was referencing was ......... :

austria.jpg

"stick another shrimp on the barby"

• Advertisement

Thanks mate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement