Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Lynch: Wagon's Den

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,101 ✭✭✭✭

Wagon’s Den is a new half-hour Comedy Celebrity News show for RTÉ Two starring Ireland’s wildest comic personality, Katherine Lynch, in the guise of Tallaghfornian Supermunter, Sheila Sheikh. Having exhausted her career as a Hip Hop Artist, Chipper Owner and International Female Gigolo Sheila has landed a job as host of RTÉ’s first ‘Girls-Only’ Entertainment News Show. Sheila is joined each week by ‘Honorary Wagon’ Brian Dowling and two guest Wagons who trawl through the week’s celebrity news and gossip, ripping their acrylic nails through the PR Spin and the Bogus Blather to cut right to the black heart of the story. Join them for Ireland’s most outrageously super-snitchy TV half hour – the only Hen Party in town where men are invited, so long as they accept that in The Wagon’s Den – Ladies Rule

Yes you read right RTE have given "comedian" Katherine Lynch another show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

please god no kill this women now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wagon’s Den is a new half-hour Comedy Celebrity News show for RTÉ Two starring Ireland’s wildest comic personality, Katherine Ly................who the fùck am I kidding? You already know this is going to be awful but, hey, we got to look like we're spending the license fee on something that can be branded as "entertainment"...........right? I mean, you hardly think Katherine is a comedy goldmine and we're merely tapping into her endless liquid of funny material?.........................Mu-ha.........aha ha ha........ah haa haha hahahah.........you fùckin' idiots will watch what we tell you to watch and you'll fùckin' like it, too!!

How does this..........thing............get her own show at the drop of a hat?

What. The. Fùck!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Must give it a watch, and Brian Dowling's on too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

gave it 2 minutes and turned it over before i got sick looking at it. a new low even for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,101 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is RTE's answer to Xspose only far far worse :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well at least she knows what she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I liked her last show and tuned in last night to see what she was up to....and what do i get???? ANOTHER F***ING SHOW WITH F**ING SO CALLED CELEBRITIES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Another fine use of license fees by RTE. More of this please! See if ye can get the viewer suicide rate up enough to help alleviate the financial mess we're in.

Now if I could only afford some rope...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Obviously her Dad is a big wig in RTE. Thats usually how these people keep getting shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I loved Sheila Sheikh in her previous incarnation but this was just a big pile of ****e? Really really bad and the editing was attrocious. Who the fcuk is Pippa O'Connor anyway??

The one from Fair City seemed to be a right cow.

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    I loved Sheila Sheikh in her previous incarnation but this was just a big pile of ****e? Really really bad and the editing was attrocious. Who the fcuk is Pippa O'Connor anyway??

The one from Fair City seemed to be a right cow.

Pippa O'Connor is an Irish "model" engaged to presenter Brian Ormond

I read the thread title as "Wogan's Den" and thought Terry Wogan would be the new host of the Den. I'm disappointed now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Mrs Ziedth put this on and I was actually glued to it amazed at how bad it actually was.

At a time I couldn't get over how Pat Short gets work but he looks like the Billy Connolly compared to this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Shane10 wrote: »
    gave it 2 minutes and turned it over before i got sick looking at it. a new low even for RTE.

Two words: Fade Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭.danindudlin

Absolutely woooooooeful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

telekon wrote: »
    Two words: Fade Street.

you know what as bad as fade street is i think ill tune into it again....does this make me a bad person :D but this muck is the lowest of the low.

Shane10 wrote: »
    you know what as bad as fade street is i think ill tune into it again....does this make me a bad person :D but this muck is the lowest of the low.

If you dont have a TAM rating box thingy in your home, be my guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No words will not follow subscribe to thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

she's a brutal yolk she shouldnt be left anywhere near a camera let alone in front of one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

she's a brutal yolk she shouldnt be left anywhere near a camera let alone in front of one

CCTV camera outside the dole-office would suit.

• Advertisement

The audience must be in pain from all the forced fake laughter. The audience are definitely made of Katherine's friends and family.

Apalling stuff. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

After all the depression on RTE ONE... it was a nice change... She had a few good one liners.. far from being the worst comedy RTE have ever aired.. though that's not saying much really

After all the depression on RTE ONE... it was a nice change... She had a few good one liners.. far from being the worst comedy RTE have ever aired.. though that's not saying much really

yeah i did laugh out out loud last week when she suggested one could sleep in a single bed with tubridy and still avoid the wet patch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Jesus, this is shít. Best was cringing and wondering what the fook he was doing there. I won't be watching again.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭SHREDDER

Best will do anything. I heard he was in a bar in Cavan, Cruising pints into himself wildly. Haven't seen this show. Did however watch 3 minutes of fade street which wasn't even watchable for it's irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

This is absolutely diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Really awful, not even has the quality of most bad comedies that you can just sort of drift off and tolerate its dullness, this is just too irritating to do that. Her voice, the forced jokes. argh, stuff of nightmares. :pac:

Yeah but the cost of getting all that together and paying all those people just for a few one liners is hardly justified!! They could just get the continuity announcers to squeeze a few one liners in between better shows instead!

It was back last night and the show would have been watchable at least without Katherine herself that says alot :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just saw it for the first time ever. I taut she was gas!

Advertisement