Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade going to be released in europe

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't worry too much. I think Nintendo thought this game would bomb but demand has far outstripped supply with some stores not being able to meet pre-order demand. Nintendo will definitely reprint it but it looks like they've been caught with their pants down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i cannot believe that Amazon still havent posted my order O_O looks like they are out of stock......this is crazy!!!! I wonder when do Last Story out?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm just under 20 hours into the game, and in Makna Forest at the moment. Really enjoying it so far. Some great moments (
    last Xord fight was great
    ). Some of the story is a bit all over the place, and the constant talking from my party members can get annoying at times, but overall it's really good.

2 things that really bug me though. Terrible map, with an equally bad journal. And every bloody time i take a side quest i get a brief convo between the party members about how great we are. There's like a million sidequests!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm over 40 hours into it and still haven't reached Makna Forest.

I'd have liked it if the game had a beastiery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiith wrote: »
    (
    last Xord fight was great
    )

How long did it take you to kill him?

• Advertisement

How long did it take you to kill him?

Didn't take too long iirc. The 1st time all you need to do is survive a minute. The 2nd, i just kept whacking at him and he went down pretty easily. Not too sure how long it took though.
    _Godot_ wrote: »
    I'm over 40 hours into it and still haven't reached Makna Forest.

I'd have liked it if the game had a beastiery.

Damn, and i thought i was taking my time. Might spend some time
    rebuilding Colony 6
    but finding some of the items is bloody impossible.

And yeah, a bestiary would be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Didn't take too long iirc. The 1st time all you need to do is survive a minute. The 2nd, i just kept whacking at him and he went down pretty easily. Not too sure how long it took though.

Damn, and i thought i was taking my time. Might spend some time
    rebuilding Colony 6
    but finding some of the items is bloody impossible.

And yeah, a bestiary would be very handy

I'm about 37 hours in and level 48 now. A couple of things that are annoying / confusing me.

When you collect an item that is supposed to be for a certain person, is there any way of seeing who's it for afterwards? Or tell you where this person might be?

Also, do the shops that sell the power book add ons all sell the same books or are each of them dotted around the place selling different ones? If so, any way of finding out where they are etc?

For hard fights, I'm usually having to revert back to Reyn and Sharla in the party, these are the most balanced but for blasting through normal mobs, Dunban and Melia are the best. Just can't get into using Riki at all. :rolleyes:

I've got side-quest fatigue at the moment. There are a stupidly amount of them in most area's. I think i'll just do the Colony 6 quests, and then any other that i happen across. Will never clear the game otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Just got to Frontier Village and got
    Melia aand Riki into my party

God, there are so many damn quests, it's enough to drive me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

This is just simply the best game i have played in years :)

Level 38 (about 20 hours in i think), and just completed the Tomb.

I have mainly stuck to the primary story as I am dying to know "what happens next" :).. but I will definately be heading back to do many of the side quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

I've always loved monolith soft games and this game doesn't disappoint. There's so much to explore,see,a lot of variety and the maps are huge. Graphics aren't the greatest but the environments are done so well that it doesn't matter. Music is awesome, kinda reminds me of wild arms in some parts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can ye remember what level ye were where did the quest
    save the worker in eryrh sea
    Im level 37 and finding it hard to beat those things,suppose I need to level up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Can ye remember what level ye were where did the quest
    save the worker in eryrh sea
    Im level 37 and finding it hard to beat those things,suppose I need to level up a bit.

lol I had the same issue.. Every boss has been pretty easily beatable.. but those guys were a pain in the behind.. To save time on levelling I
    Pulled them to the ramp, killed one, then when I was in difficulty, ported out.. healed up then ported back in.. managed to kill the other 3 easily enough then.

Played a ton of it this weekend, and still loving it. I kind of got sick of side quests yesterday afternoon, and just blew through the last few zones. I'll go back and do some sidequests in a bit, but i'm just enjoying the story too much at the moment. Currently lvl53, and about 35 hours in.
    Just got through Valek Mountains and Sword Valley. Hated Valek. It looks great, but i hate snow levels. I'll go back when i've a few extra levels and see what i've missed. Sword Valley is cool though. Always prefer fighting Mechon to random wolves and ****. In Galihad(or whatever it's calleds) fortress now. The story is really bloody good. Dying to find out what happens.

Welease wrote: »
    lol I had the same issue.. Every boss has been pretty easily beatable.. but those guys were a pain in the behind.. To save time on levelling I
    Pulled them to the ramp, killed one, then when I was in difficulty, ported out.. healed up then ported back in.. managed to kill the other 3 easily enough then.

thats an excellent idea,I'm gonna give that a go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any word on a new production run for this game yet?

I went into Game on Saturday to see if they had stock in. It was back on the regular shelves (and the "Coming Soon" stickers were taken off the boxes) so I thought great - about time. Took it to the register and the guy said sorry - still no stock.

Take it off the bloody shelves then! (Or put the coming soon/out of stock stickers back on the box). Jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Played about 2 hours last night. I'm impressed so far. wiimote and nunchuck is an awful way to play it though. I'm gonna have to get a lend of a classic controller before I play any more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Amazon.co.uk have copies.

Not sure how it was yesterday, but there are now only copies through 3rd parties who are charging a £20 premium on top of Amazon's price.

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure how it was yesterday, but there are now only copies through 3rd parties who are charging a £20 premium on top of Amazon's price.

ouch

have you tried shopto.net or play.com?

• Advertisement

It has been 'Shipping in 1-2 weeks' on play.com for a while now (i.e. out of stock and we haven't a clue when it's coming back) and shopto have it on preorder status.a

Ah it'll turn up eventually. Hopefully. I've been looking for Klonoa for the Wii for a long time now (it seems to have gotten one or two small runs around launch and none since). I hope this isn't going the same way...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hmmmmmm....this all looks interesting.

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah it'll turn up eventually. Hopefully. I've been looking for Klonoa for the Wii for a long time now (it seems to have gotten one or two small runs around launch and none since). I hope this isn't going the same way...

It's cheap enough on ebay. Try the ebay.fr and ebay.de sites or just get the american version.

noodler wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm....this all looks interesting.

Best JRPG i've played in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,218 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Best JRPG i've played in years.

My lack of Wii is the issue.

You should see the doctor about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Hardly gonna but a Wii just for this

DermotOH wrote: »
    Hardly gonna but a Wii just for this

Iirc, there are two other good ones due out. Last Story and something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

wii is dirt cheap nowadays :P

• Advertisement

There's not just Xenoblade on the Wii.

Advertisement