Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Indian Premier League on ITV4 April 8 to May 28th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Albie Morkel just spanked the **** out of Kallis in the final over, huge 6 off the final ball

153-4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Live stream on crictime.com. Not sure if this should be on a different Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Following on above, just found streams Thread. Sorry, mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

KKR look pretty comfortable chasing 153/4, 39/0 after 4.0 overs.. With a good bit of batting depth (Gambhir, Pathan, Tiwary) to follow Kallis, they might start off IPL 2011 with a good win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Spinners stifling KKR here a little but they dont look like losing wickets and seem happy nurdling singles for the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

That was class from Dhoni.

"Raina's done it again. He just needs to wear a yellow jersey and roll his arm over, and he promptly gets a wicket " A very effective 17th over for CSK.

But KKR are committing what is called hara-kiri (to avoid tagging them with the 'c' word which is reserved for South Africa!) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a great game to open the competition with. Great finish.

Brilliant death bowling by Southee, CSK could have landed a gem here..

So the champions are off with a well-fought win - one which appeared unlikely when Kallis was going strong!

Captain Cool is either very good at what he does or is one lucky cookie..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cracking game. lots of ebs and flows. Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Back with a bang and 2 live games tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

Matches on Setanta Sports 1 today, which I haven't paid for. However! The official stream is absolutely outstanding quality. I have it full screen on the laptop, and it's flawless: http://world.ipl.indiatimes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Just realised ITV4 have coverage as well as Setanta....Thats my Easter hols sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Watson's fresh off a 95 ball 186 and who does Warney open the batting for the Royals with....Rahul 'The Wall' Dravid:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Brilliant win by Kochi
    Gowwoonn Kochi :p Supporting the underdogs ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

booth70 wrote: »
    Watson's fresh off a 95 ball 186 and who does Warney open the batting for the Royals with....Rahul 'The Wall' Dravid:(

I know and he has him coming in at four, he does know it's 20/20 cricket right ;),

it's a waste to have him there, he needs to open against the new ball...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I have a feeling that todays match is going to be really interesting.

Pune scored 187 in 20 overs
    Delhi are currently 116/2 in 12.2 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

incase anyone doesnt know, youtube is streaming IPL 2011 for free ( the quality is really good) . Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/indiatimes

For those still following the IPL here is the points table after about 5 matches each.....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-premier-league-2011/engine/series/466304.html?view=pointstable

Maybe a few Irish players might get picked next year :p. I believe Niall O Brien was the only Irish player who was on the list to be auctioned? he was unsold though. Apart from Eoin Morgan

• Advertisement

Would be shocked if Kevin O'Brien dosen't land a nice healthy contract for IPL 5 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

probably depends on whether he gets something in england this summer

Watching the Mumbai Chennai game now, Malinga's decision to retire from Test cricket at his age really puzzles me, I know he is saying that he doesnt want to risk prolonged injury because of it and he wants to prolong his One Day Career, but surely playing Test cricket for as long as possible is the goal for all cricketers, or at least it should be.

I guess we have to accept what he says about his knee and that it couldnt stand the pressure of Test cricket. Just got me thinking

Hopefully this wont be the start of a lot of players deciding to this so they can make more money playing IPL etc...

Test cricket is and always will be the pinnacle of the game imo, and is what every young player playing the game should aspire to

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

if what he's saying is true then there's no point in him playing test cricket, he said that he was in pain for two months after his last test match. If that's true then fair enough, right decision.

And I truly hope it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I think many players will follow this. There was no need for Lanka board to call back players so early. Malinga did what is good for him. Chose IPL as he will be making so much money for playing one and half month.

Even Sangakkara was critical about the Lanka board saying playing in IPL help them better than those net sessions..

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think many players will follow this. There was no need for Lanka board to call back players so early. Malinga did what is good for him. Chose IPL as he will be making so much money for playing one and half month.

Even Sangakkara was critical about the Lanka board saying playing in IPL help them better than those net sessions..

Yeah, Playing against other players from around the world is better than practising + you get paid more. Malinga gave up Test cricket cos IPL was simply better and much rewarding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Financially motivated, churlish to think otherwise. 20/20 is no better than practise for anything other than 20/20, is Sangakara really suggesting playing 20/20 is going to improve their test or 50 over cricket? Its not, IMHO, its an excuse to play for big money in the IPL. Don't blame them for doing it, but they need to grow a set and admit it, not feeble excuses.

But still it is better than those net sessions.. At least they will be match fit and have the rythm going.

At the end of the day decision was financially motivated, but Lanka board could have done a lot better there..

Oh and thanks WIndies board, we got Gayle..

• Advertisement

Gayle scored 37 in 1 over.. He is just toying with bowlers.. What a player. Thank you WIndies for leaving him out ofthe squad..

Advertisement