Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Indian Premier League on ITV4 April 8 to May 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

mike65 wrote: »

WTF....Another never ending tournament just after one has finished;)......If it is half as good as the World Cup has been it'll be great to watch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I just hope this year ITV get rid of that idiot Indian lady they had presenting. She had a minute knowledge of cricket.

It went beyond tokenism. This isnt meant in a derogatory or sexist manner. Id have no problem with her presenting if she actually knew what she was talking about.

She was no better than the RTE news presenter who said Sak-eem Tandoo-kular (phonetic pronunciation) top scored in yesterays semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

My God, the IPL is beyond dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I disagree entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

I can't wait to see it, mainly as it's a chance to see Warne and Gilchrist, or Symonds and Bhaji on the same team :P...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

You can say a lot of things about the IPL, but dull wouldn't be high on the list. I'm quite looking forward to it. It's all a bit of a laugh, really.

D3PO wrote: »
    I just hope this year ITV get rid of that idiot Indian lady they had presenting. She had a minute knowledge of cricket..

I am Indian.......that Indian lady you refer to is Mandira Bedi and yes I agree with you.....she is an Idiot with a capital I:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this her?! :eek:

mandira-bedi-spicy3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

Is this her?! :eek:

She looks like her to me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

AWESOMEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Yes shes hot but she still doesnt have a clue about cricket and shes not a very good presenter.

maybe make her one of the dancers they have in the IPL that jump about when a 6 is hit but not as a sports presenter :cool::cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Getting wildly off-topic here folks, bring it back please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

UPC have no longer ITV 2, 3 or 4.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/324

Yup, Sky might have it soon

Well, that's a bit of a pain. Are they streaming live on Youtube again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Now thats going to be a big pain. I am with UPC.... now what I am supposed to do? Damn you UPC.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Yup, Sky might have it soon

Are Sky getting ITV 1-4?, I'm switching to Sky soon so I hope it's there :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

you can tune them in on sky.. :)

Cremated wrote: »
    Are Sky getting ITV 1-4?, I'm switching to Sky soon so I hope it's there :)...

I think theyre pulling out of Ireland all together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Eh? What are you on about. Sky are not pulling out of anywhere and the ITV channels plus regional variations can be tuned in manually on any SKY box with a sub card or indeed you can get ITV as default if you pull the card and use it in FTA mode

• Advertisement

Eh? What are you on about. Sky are not pulling out of anywhere and the ITV channels plus regional variations can be tuned in manually on any SKY box with a sub card or indeed you can get ITV as default if you pull the card and use it in FTA mode

I meant ITV :rolleyes:, Ofc Sky is staying and you can get them if you tune your Sky box. But you might not get them in your EPG with Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Is the IPL on Setanta this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

Listed on Setanta Ireland

crackit wrote: »
    Listed on Setanta Ireland

Only two matches

http://www.setanta.com/ie/TV-Listings/

Looks to me like they're showing every match...on the free to air channel too. Nice work, Setanta :)

I meant ITV :rolleyes:, Ofc Sky is staying and you can get them if you tune your Sky box. But you might not get them in your EPG with Sky

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/509564.html

It's such a pity that ITV 4 is not on the EPG on Sky Ireland.....means I can't set the Sky+ to record the matches or highlights!!

With India winning the World Cup last week the interest in this years IPL will be HUGE

Can't wait for it to start:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

booth70 wrote: »
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/509564.html

It's such a pity that ITV 4 is not on the EPG on Sky Ireland.....means I can't set the Sky+ to record the matches or highlights!!

With India winning the World Cup last week the interest in this years IPL will be HUGE

Can't wait for it to start:)

Do you mean being huge with the Indian public? Would have thought it was popular anyway. Outside of India, I don't think the World Cup will make any difference to its popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I guess 1.2 billion Indians are good enough for its popularity and I think IPL is more for the Indians, there's nothing wrong with it.

Although I must admit, I do enjoy watching IPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ah, but nothing beats the crowds you get at English County Cricket Championship games, sometimes you can get into 3 figure attendances ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chennai havent batted as strongly as I thought they would here, some poor fielding earlier let them off, twice and they could have found themselves in trouble being 3 down very early, as it stands they are 131-3 halfway through the 18th

The score has been upped in the last couple of overs and they look set to set a decent total now, but they went through a long spell where they couldnt find a boundary

Advertisement