Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finlay released from WWE

Options
  • 30-03-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭

Apparently he scripted a segment for a Raw House show that involved the National Anthem being disrupted in order to begin a match. Shame as I understood he was well thought of behind the scenes within the company.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/finlay-released-because-of-incident-at-weekend-house-show.php

I'm aware that the National Anthem in the US is perhaps considered more 'sacrosanct' than in other countries (I grew up there), yet Ms Aguilera got away with making a mash of the words during the Superbowl with no real long-term damage I'd guess. Also, in light of Michael Cole's thoughtless 'Tweet', which only merited a slap on the wrist I'm surprised that Finlay was hit with immediate dismissal. Maybe there's more to the story. Any thoughts?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement