Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2011 "Future Endeavoured" Thread (Includes Summertime Clearout!)

Options
  • 31-12-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

All WWE/TNA etc "future endeavours" in this thread please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/alicia-foxs-sister-released-from-fcw-ref-returns-to-wwe-124361
    PWInsider.com is reporting that Caylee Turner, the younger sister of WWE Diva Alicia Fox, has been released from her FCW developmental deal. Turner was said to have caused a great deal of drama during her time in FCW, and her release did not come as much of a surprise to anyone down in Florida.

Wasnt she on Nxt?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wasnt she on Nxt?

Nope

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

We can now confirm that Alison Skipper (Chelsea) was released by TNA Wrestling. Her profile was removed from the company website last week.

tna2.jpg

From Sharkboy's website:

"I have officially requested and been granted my release from TNA Wrestling. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at TNA for giving
    me the opportunity to perform in front of their audience since the very early days of the company. Thanks especially to the great TNA fans who have
    given me their support throughout the past eight years... Now on to the next chapter!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

As strange as it may sound, Shark Boy is one of TNA's bigger lost opportunities. He's a hugely marketable character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Fit Finlay has been released as of yesterday, more at link below.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Breaking_News_Fit_Finlay_Released.php

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

will move this to the releases thread in a mo but this surprises me considering the backstage involvement he has had, had a big role in training Diva's etc too after becoming inactive.

curious about his next move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

A run in ROH as the hoary old veteran would be all types of EPIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

pwinsider saying he was fired because he booked Miz to do a run in during the national anthemn being played in honour of the US soldiers.

As long as he didn't call anyone a f*ggot I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Observer suggesting similar:
    Multiple web sites including PWinsider.com reported this afternoon that Fit Finlay had been released due to an incident at the Friday night house show in Champaign, IL. In contacting a couple of people in WWE, they believed the story to be true.

We had gotten a live report from the show noting The Miz come out and stopped the playing of the national anthem to get easy heel heat prior to a title defense against Randy Orton that would open the show.

Apparently reprsentatives of the Army National Guard, a WWE sponsor, were upset they would use the anthem for cheap heat. Since Finlay was in charge of laying out the show, and thus would have made the final call on the idea, he was the one let go.

That's perhaps more embarrassing than the firing of Bryan over the tie choking. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Observer wrote:
    Apparently reprsentatives of the Army National Guard, a WWE sponsor, were upset they would use the anthem for cheap heat. Since Finlay was in charge of laying out the show, and thus would have made the final call on the idea, he was the one let go.

I'm getting really pi$$ed off with the WWE sponsors, the media and GLAAD. In the last 12 months we have seen Bryan fired, now Finlay fired, and the GLAAD incidents with Cena and Cole. There's probably numerous other incidents which slip my mind right now.

Bottom line is that WWE is an entertainment product, based on producing edgy television for a young male audience, why don't these people just realise that it's 2011 and get off of WWE's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Its America they throw a hissy fit over anything! besides WWE isnt aimed at the 18-35 demogrpahic anymore its the 6-14 now that its partnership with matell/hasbro etc why you think the rating went all PG to please there sponsors, add to it being a publicly traded company aswell they got stock holders to make happy aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

This is a stupid firing over nothing. If the WWE have really sacked Finlay for such a pethetic reason them my respect for Vince McMahon has taken a severe battering.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

I am really suprised/pissed that they fired him, but since he is no longer an on air talent hopefully they will bring him back in a month or two and it wont be a big thing because he is backstage.

I have to say this a really stupid reason to let him go, talk about been trigger happy vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Ok, so the Nation Guard are a WWE sponsor and the higher ups obviously felt they had to take immediate action to appease them but surely they should have taken a step back and thought about what an experianced and well liked man they would be losing and then suspended him, or fine him but no. They go to the extreme of sacking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

I agree with elsewhere in thinking the dirty commie will be hired back when the dust has settled like Mr. Danielson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Off topic here, but did anyone else hear the comment Regal made on last weeks NXT about wearing green on the St.Patricks day themed show in response to the 300 years of English occupation of Ireland. I am very surprised it went unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    Its America they throw a hissy fit over anything! besides WWE isnt aimed at the 18-35 demogrpahic anymore its the 6-14 now that its partnership with matell/hasbro etc why you think the rating went all PG to please there sponsors, add to it being a publicly traded company aswell they got stock holders to make happy aswell.

Yeah it's damn annoying. Instead of matell/hasbro, why didn't they just get beer companies to sponsor them instead and keep the demographic at 18-35 males.

Fit Finlay has been released as of yesterday, more at link below.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Breaking_News_Fit_Finlay_Released.php

The first of many as usually after Mania alot more releases especially now since Superstars is cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The first of many as usually after Mania alot more releases especially now since Superstars is cancelled

I'd say the least deserving of the many that are about to come though. It's a shame, think he still had something to offer in the ring, and certainly plenty to offer backstage. Surely a guarantee to the sponsor that the person responsible had been disciplined would have been enough. TNA should jump in and sign him up straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Rawm2008 wrote: »

which is why TNA is now No 1 in the UK

http://wrestleheat.com/tna-beats-wwe-in-the-uk-ratings-again-former-wwe-star-works-tna-match=4984

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah it's damn annoying. Instead of matell/hasbro, why didn't they just get beer companies to sponsor them instead and keep the demographic at 18-35 males.

Trying to wrap my head around this one. I believe it's because the 18-35 demo is hooked, focus on the younger demo so you can have both? Like why go after the demo that wants you went you can have two lol. Greedy gusses.

Beware, it's TNA's first run is ~equal to WWE's repeat viewing. It fails to take into account the Monday Night live showing and DVR'ing. TNA is not near RAW....but equal smackdown -- that's something to shout about. Even if TNA are on free TV and WWE are on a pay channel :p

Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.
    Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage "Black Machismo", and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.
    Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage "Black Machismo", and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle.

Wow.. TNA are retarded.. Getting rid of young talented Wrestlers whilst still keeping the Geriatric, Decrepit, Dinosaurs.. Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He's a guy who can go in the ring and has good charisma. Hopefully WWE sign him to beef up their midcard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Machismo_Fan's gonna be gutted

silver lining though, at least he can go to ROH where he'll actually get booked and have awesome matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

yeah i saw this earlier - so annoyed - just when they seemed to be doing some decent things with fortune.

this the release of kong, creed, richards, petey, and dutt and the retarded booking of pope and joe really makes you despare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

What?!? How idiotic of TNA! He's one of the few reasons why I watch the show.

No harm if they'd cut the rancid fat from the company!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Amazing that Lethal gets cut but Roid Terry is employed.I jokingly text my brother that Jay Lethal is still alive when I saw him at Lockdown.As someone mentioned they have cut FAR too much talent that got them their tv deal in the 1st place.Petey, Sonjay,Lethal,Shane, Homicide,Kong & Many others.They have butchered the X Divison,Killed their Knockouts division & Hired Way too many ex wwe duds who are absolutely Fúcking Hopeless.But the worst thing is Hogan, Jackoff & the Terminal Cancer of any wrestling company Vince Russo are somehow employed to do what they do in 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement