Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***EIRTAKON 2011 - 11th - 13th November***

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

TheChrisD wrote: »
    The answer to that really all depends on whether or not you mean cosplay in the sense of entering the cosplay competitions ;)

I've actually seen the talent and effort that goes in to the costumes and I'm no way near that! I may wear it for sh!ts and giggles though, it is my "thinking cap". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I get you. Yea, wear it when you come, it'll probably help be an ice-breaker to engaging with other con-goers :D

/me makes mental note to look out for that hat

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'll be going, albeit without a costume this year. Budget is stretched as it is just going to the con :(

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Ok, last major update before the convention in just over two weeks!

- Big news is... the schedule has been released! From that page yo can check out the full panels, events, gaming and special events schedules :)
    - We have some badass new Lori artwork from our artist Swissy, which you can check out on the main site.
    - We're gonna have taiko drummers at the closing ceremony to go out with a bang!

And one last thing, online pre-reg is closing at midnight October 31st (next Monday), so if you want to guarantee yourself a con t-shirt you still have time. Day and weekend tickets will of course be available on the door :)

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    And one last thing, online pre-reg is closing at midnight October 31st (next Monday), so if you want to guarantee yourself a con t-shirt you still have time. Day and weekend tickets will of course be available on the door :)

Oooh! I thought I missed the pre-reg. Cool but grrr. Waiting to get paid though so hopefully will be able to get in early........I just want the t shirt. Aw.

I've been to the few cons this year in Dublin but still consider myself a complete newb (well ok, I am). I do watch a bit of anime and was wondering what people would suggest to go to\do at this con? Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement

chin_grin wrote: »
    I do watch a bit of anime and was wondering what people would suggest to go to\do at this con? Thanks a mil.

Well there are a lot of things that can be done at the convention, it all depends on what your interests are. There are a multitude of panels you can go do, screenings to watch, games to play, traders to blow your wallet on and of course the general hubbub of the attendees.

I'm sure there's something in the schedule that piques your interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Well there are a lot of things that can be done at the convention, it all depends on what your interests are. There are a multitude of panels you can go do, screenings to watch, games to play, traders to blow your wallet on and of course the general hubbub of the attendees.

I'm sure there's something in the schedule that piques your interest :)

Is the tickets cheaper to book in pre-reg?

Not anymore, no. They were cheaper for the first few months that pre-reg was open, but the discount ended at the end of May.

However, pre-registering does get you an Eirtakon t-shirt included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Hey :)

I'm thinking of going with my girlfriend, I just found out about this. It's more for her as a weekend away.

I just noticed that all the pre-reg tickets are done, what are the chances of attending the event and it being booked out? Or does that not happen, is there a 100% of getting 2 tickets to enter at the door?

Cheers,
    Tom

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    I just noticed that all the pre-reg tickets are done, what are the chances of attending the event and it being booked out? Or does that not happen, is there a 100% of getting 2 tickets to enter at the door?

Chances of booking out are non-existant; you'll be able to get passes at the door no problem all weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

For those of you who attended this weekend, there's a feedback form here you can fill out if you so wish! :)

Konata wrote: »
    For those of you who attended this weekend, there's a feedback form here you can fill out if you so wish! :)

Done and done. Got all ten out of tens from me.

Although I didn't get around to every panel or game. Raging I missed the Blind Date Cosplay. Just watched some vids of it on youtube and looked like fun.

The Silent Hill Murder Mystery was ok. It would have helped if the participants had been mic'd and apart from some gruesome murder scenes I don't think it needed the over 18 tag! (Of course I realise they're just covering in case younglings wanted to go).

The Taiko drummers were........different. I'm aware of Kodo and when the lady explained that it was like a "performance art" that's when they lost me. They were impressive I'll give them that, but you could tell they were nervous as f*ck (spotted the blonde drop the sticks near the end......Sure, it's happened to me plenty of times [being a drummer]). Also the dude that just lost it laughing sitting in front of me at the little yelps was gas. ^_^

The Artists area seemed very cramped and the Traders was a bit sparse although they made good use of the space provided.

The video game tournaments were very well organised and I'm glad yer man went over to the kids shouting their heads off playing Mario Kart. They were getting f*ck-annoying. :pac:

I'm sure most of this is just me being annoyed at missing Friday evening and sleeping in Sat AND Sun so that I only got two half days out of it. Aw.

At least it was a nice "what to expect next year" run. I'll be attending a lot more then. Roll on the next Con!

chin_grin wrote: »
    The video game tournaments were very well organised and I'm glad yer man went over to the kids shouting their heads off playing Mario Kart. They were getting f*ck-annoying. :pac:

Jog my memory, was that me or Sairus who yelled at them? :pac:

Jog my memory, was that me or Sairus who yelled at them? :pac:

<looks up Eirtakon staff>

Yes, t'was definitely yourself.

I can't thank you enough. Sweet jebus they were loud!

Also this being my first Eirtakon, what was this "rant" you made reference to at the closing ceremony?

The weekend was so much a blur I really can't remember what I was talking about at all :pac:

Unless I was talking about how the year before that (2010) I was a complete gibbering wreck on-stage when it came my turn to talk and do ****. Fúcking nerves.

The weekend was so much a blur I really can't remember what I was talking about at all :pac:

Unless I was talking about how the year before that (2010) I was a complete gibbering wreck on-stage when it came my turn to talk and do ****. Fúcking nerves.

Yeah you made reference to that all right. Ah it's one of the biggest fears and to be honest you did well. Conor was bricking it (I was looking at the page shaking like mad).

Advertisement