Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cayanne goes boom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

'some' damage alright..:rolleyes:

the engine looks shagged, air bags gone...

porschce cayanne = $000,000

Engine shagged? How do you make that out? Because he popped a tyre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

One less Cayenne. Result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Boskowski wrote: »
    Mercs, Touaregs, Cayennes, X5s aren't off roaders. They are status symbols for the well off American soccer mammy. And they should be treated like that.

Yawn! Is that the best retort you can come up with?

They are more than capable on many off-road surfaces, the example here is an extreme one. Even a Landrover would have struggled. Road tyres on any vehiole would never get out of that mess.

This case showed an idiot of a driver. Even during the icy spell one can show how to generate heat on a tyre by spinning it on ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

VW touareg (and it looks nicer too)

FFS even mercs effort at an SUV (m-class)
    would probably fare better than that porsche

Volvo XC90 too

A Touareg shares the same platform as the Cayenne yes but if you think they both go, stop and handle the same you're clearly mistaken.
    Also - neither the ML nor the XC90 are in the same league to drive as a Cayenne - your statement is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Mercs, Touaregs, Cayennes, X5s aren't off roaders. They are status symbols for the well off American soccer mammy. And they should be treated like that.

Apparently a Touareg with proper tires is a decent offroader. I know the Audi Allroad (estate car with air suspension) was near proper 4x4 levels off road and at events. They maybe used by Soccer moms, but that doesnt make all of them totally useless in every other situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Gophur wrote: »
    Yawn! Is that the best retort you can come up with?

They are more than capable on many off-road surfaces, the example here is an extreme one. Even a Landrover would have struggled. Road tyres on any vehiole would never get out of that mess.

This case showed an idiot of a driver. Even during the icy spell one can show how to generate heat on a tyre by spinning it on ice.

Yawn back. I'm not retorting, I couldn't care less.

These cars are classed sports-utility-vehicles. While that implies some off-road capabilities it's not exactly what you call a pure offroader.

And yes, this guy was just an idiot and what he did doesn't reflect on the car as such.

You must have one of those I guess, sorry, didn't mean to offend. But the fact remains they're not designed as an offroader. The target audience is exactly as I stated IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I thought it was a trailer for the new borat movie !!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

These cars are classed sports-utility-vehicles. While that implies some off-road capabilities it's not exactly what you call a pure offroader.

There are not too many pure offroaders left. There is the Defender and the.......well, what else is there? The Jeep Wrangler, and thats about it. Would you bring a 80.000€ Landcruiser offroad?
    Or a top spec Discovery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Cosmo K wrote: »
    There are not too many pure offroaders left. There is the Defender and the.......well, what else is there? The Jeep Wrangler, and thats about it. Would you bring a 80.000€ Landcruiser offroad?
    Or a top spec Discovery?

What else would you do with it? The other option is to admit you bought it for show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Yawn back. I'm not retorting, I couldn't care less.

Obviously you do care! Did someone upset you?

These cars are classed sports-utility-vehicles.

A USA connotation.

.......... While that implies some off-road capabilities it's not exactly what you call a pure offroader.

As if anyone ever did call the car a "pure" off-roader

You must have one of those I guess,..........IMHO.

You'll never make a detective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

The other option is to admit you bought it for show.

Yep!

Advertisement