Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cayanne goes boom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

did the diff explode??????? bags all of lol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I was expecting the engine to go boom! Was it the tyre that exploded? It popped the air bags too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

eejits .. :D:D:D ... tyre explode, and side airbags went. wtf .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Think the tire heated up so much from him spinning the wheels that it exploded - saw some of the same quality driving in the snow this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Looks like the rubber couldnt take it, and decided to leave. Strange how the roof bags went though. Ah well, we won't be driving out in a hurry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

First, what was he thinking driving a Cayanne into a lake

He was just doing what everyone else is actually thinking when they see one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....just goes to show:

....fools and their money, are easily parted............

and.......

....if you actually want to get somewhere, buy a Skoda/Lada/Tata/Kamasz

For everything else........there's a German car........ :p:D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What a clown. How many thousands of euro of damage did he do here between the quarter panel and the bags. Its true for Galway tt..:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

First, what was he thinking driving a Cayanne into a lake, and whatever to rev the crap out of it.

what a retard

most people who own Audi Qs and Cayannes and the like havent a clue, they just have an impressive bank balance but no idea about driving.

probably a yank also....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I hope his radio exploded too - what terrible music

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Idiot and a truck there to pull him out Darwin award lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....if you actually want to get somewhere, buy a Skoda/Lada/Tata/Kamasz

For everything else........there's a German car........ :p:D:D

Nice - and who owns Skoda?
    what a retard

most people who own Audi Qs and Cayannes and the like havent a clue, they just have an impressive bank balance but no idea about driving.

probably a yank also....

Do they sound American to you?

Sounds like there's enough 'retards' on here without criticising others.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MCMLXXV wrote: »

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

It looks like the whole wheel disintegrated and pieces of the alloy went out through the back bumper and light, and god knows where else. Idiot!

Do they sound American to you?

Sounds like there's enough 'retards' on here without criticising others.

had no sound...

so you think the guy is clever so blowing up a porsche in mud putting off the air bags even...

riiiight, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

had no sound...

so you think the guy is clever so blowing up a porsche in mud putting off the air bags even...

riiiight, ok.

Never said he was clever, and he didn't 'blow up' the Porsche, he popped the wheel and caused some damage. Doesn't justify your comments or asumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Bystanders were lucky not to get a face full of hot rubber ... or worse yet a twisted piece of an alloy.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i ****ing hate idiots like this
    thinking they just spent 120grand on an all terrain 4x4
    but it turns out they wasted 120grand on an ugly bucket of porsche

you can never beat a hilux for these situations :D

BTW they're soviet russians :D

at 0:25 the guy says ''here we go'' or something to that effect

in soviet russia porsche is piece of shít

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

i ****ing hate idiots like this
    thinking they just spent 120grand on an all terrain 4x4
    but it turns out they wasted 120grand on an ugly bucket of porsche

you can never beat a hilux for these situations :D

Watched a Toyota Hilux get stuck on a beach a few weeks back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

they deserve that in fairness, there was a truck there well able to drag it out, but decide it would a better idea to floor it and see what happens:),
    it looks like a jeep but its not!

• Advertisement

P.C. wrote: »
    Watched a Toyota Hilux get stuck on a beach a few weeks back. :D

bet the tyre didnt explode :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jesYqlsHiCo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

typical boards/motors begrudging and gloating at this fellas misfortune - yep the fella has more money than you and did something stupid whoop de do. the internet is littered with movies of tools doing stupid things big deal.

by the way the Cayenne is considered quite good off road for a soft roader as is its cousin the Touareg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well, Russians are more used to this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKENqT4Xs-lnmyhjflpy8lTQXs3U6TBC8gPkUr6MseBiK1A-63

It would have handled itself a lot better than the Porsche.
    For one you can't get the wheels to spin, or not fast enough to blow up the tire!:D

RobAMerc wrote: »
    typical boards/motors begrudging and gloating at this fellas misfortune - yep the fella has more money than you and did something stupid whoop de do. the internet is littered with movies of tools doing stupid things big deal.

by the way the Cayenne is considered quite good off road for a soft roader as is its cousin the Touareg.

it's not about having ****loads of money
    it's about not knowing how to spend it such as wasting it on ''status symbols'' such as porsche Cayennes

i do agree with you on the Touareg a mate of mine nearly bought one until he found out it had been crashed bought a pathfinder instead and hates it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

In Soviet Russia, Wheel changes you!

Never said he was clever, and he didn't 'blow up' the Porsche, he popped the wheel and caused some damage. Doesn't justify your comments or asumptions.

'some' damage alright..:rolleyes:

the engine looks shagged, air bags gone...

porschce cayanne = $000,000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

wasting it on ''status symbols'' such as porsche Cayennes

but the Cayenne is a superb piece of engineering - who else makes a car that big go and handle like a sports car yet still be reasonable off road ?

People who treat a marque like that clearly dont deserve to be driving anything, let alone a porsche.

They can have all the money they want, but you cant buy brain cells and common sense.

Its like the idiot (a yank this time..) who drove a NSX thru 5 feet of flood water....

but the Cayenne is a superb piece of engineering - who else makes a car that big go and handle like a sports car yet still be reasonable off road ?

VW touareg (and it looks nicer too)

FFS even mercs effort at an SUV (m-class)
    would probably fare better than that porsche

Volvo XC90 too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Mercs, Touaregs, Cayennes, X5s aren't off roaders. They are status symbols for the well off American soccer mammy. And they should be treated like that.

Advertisement