Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i got 40 hits on my aqua 3ds at eirtakon con weekend and ive 4,892,991 troopers for streetpass battle

and ive got evry pink piecses so far except for the new panel one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I haven't streetpassed in ages!

Are there any new panels? I sporadically check, and then when there are carry it with me for a few days until it fills. The last panel I got was the Pikman short movies 3D

gubbie wrote: »
    I haven't streetpassed in ages!

Are there any new panels? I sporadically check, and then when there are carry it with me for a few days until it fills. The last panel I got was the Pikman short movies 3D

try going to conventions like eirtakon, dice comic con, dublin comic con, Nomcon, arcadecon, mcm, anime dublin, winter lan, Domincon and next is otaku con dublin 13th-14th december

i got 45 hits on my red 3ds at eirtakon con weekend and ive 9,792,470 troopers for streetpass battle

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    try going to conventions like eirtakon, dice comic con, dublin comic con, Nomcon, arcadecon, mcm, anime dublin, winter lan, Domincon and next is otaku con dublin 13th-14th december

i got 45 hits on my red 3ds at eirtakon con weekend and ive 9,792,470 troopers for streetpass battle

Ah I don't really need to - I live in a big city where any time I go into town I get 10 hits essentially instantly!

gubbie wrote: »
    Ah I don't really need to - I live in a big city where any time I go into town I get 10 hits essentially instantly!
    dou have 3ds xl or 3ds because theres 3d xl protection case is out now from €10-€15

• Advertisement

dou have 3ds xl or 3ds because theres 3d xl protection case is out now from €10-€15

I have both! Thanks for the information but I actually made my own cases

I got 10 streetpass hits on my red 3ds XL since Black Friday with 999,999,999 troopers for streetpass battle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

When I was in Germany a while back I got so many people on Streetpass, back home in Ireland.... My brother and that's it! :pac:

I got 10 streetpass hits on my aqua 3ds since Black Friday with 5,000,999 troopers for streetpass battle

Has anyone actually bought those extra StreetPass games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Has anyone actually bought those extra StreetPass games?

Yes. The space squad is a decent shmup. Conquest is pointless but kind of fun. The ghost house one is the worst bits of tetris and Luigi's mansion. Its OK but only in small doses. The gardening one is incredibly slow and feels a little too cramped. If you buy them all clearing 10 SP hits can take hours.

Banjo wrote: »
    Yes. The space squad is a decent shmup. Conquest is pointless but kind of fun. The ghost house one is the worst bits of tetris and Luigi's mansion. Its OK but only in small doses. The gardening one is incredibly slow and feels a little too cramped. If you buy them all clearing 10 SP hits can take hours.

They were on special offer for €10.49 a while back but seem to have gone back to €14.99 now!

Not to worry, I'll have to wait again.

Thanks for the recommendation Banjo! :)

why i cant i receive my streetpass miis from old 3ds xl red and black and old 3ds aqua blue to new !! 3ds xl black

Awesome i use a nintendo EShop card to get all streetpass games for my new 3ds system and so far I've 17 in my plaza on my new 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

why i cant i receive my streetpass miis from old 3ds xl red and black and old 3ds aqua blue to new !! 3ds xl black

If you did a system transfer to the new 3DS, then there's nothing on the old ones, so streetpass is not enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Did setting your SSID to _The Cloud stop working? Worked on my older 3DS but not on my new 3DS XL. :(

Star Lord wrote: »
    If you did a system transfer to the new 3DS, then there's nothing on the old ones, so streetpass is not enabled.
    thank you very much , i did no system transfer, i dont know how to do a system transfer besides all 3 my 3dses have their own individual eshop accounts and individual network Nintendo id, just i didnt get respond for 1st week from my miis from 3ds and 3ds xl on tto new 3ds, but my new 3ds is working perfectly now and im getting 10 streetpass every week including from my miis from 3ds and 3ds xl on tto new 3ds

30 hits and 8,109,438 troopers 4th April at pokecon in nci and itts next to nci laus stop red line

Since I nintendo are producing games on to smartphones I hope we can get streetpass from smartphones To 3ds & 2ds , 3dsxl & .new 3ds and new 3ds XL

yeah, that's what my phone is missing : Battery life in line with a 3DS! :D

Not sure how practical it would be to implement it without messing up your phone's Wifi connection. Nintendo have complete control over your 3DS and what it does when it's in Sleep, what defines it being in sleep mode etc. That's going to vary from smart phone to smart phone based on manufacturer, OS revision, installed apps, user profiles etc etc. It'd be a nightmare.

• Advertisement

60 hits and 9,999,999 troopers 4th April at pokecon in nci and itts next to nci laus stop red line and anime dublin plus ive new streetpass games

• Registered Users Posts: 8 candymoon

Hi,

I'm looking for nintendo zone in Dublin/Kildare area. The places marked on their website are fake. There is no nintendo zone in Liffey ... do you know where to find one ?

There used to be NintendoZone connectivity in 2 spots in liffey valley. One of them was Marks n Spencer cafe and the other was either Starbucks or the food court (probably McDonalds). This is based purely on visiting only those areas and getting SP hits from the UK. I'm not sure that works any more, at least not for me. However, I think that could be because of things I've done to the internet connection settings on my 3DS.

In the past I've definitely seen Nintendozone connectivity indicated in and around a couple of SuperMacses (SuperMacii? SuperMeec? What's the plural of Supermacs?) but I don't go there often so I haven't checked for a while.

You used to be able to set it up in the comfort of your own home by just changing the SSID of your WiFi network to _TheCloud and setting the password to something... can't remember what. Or leaving it open. Not sure that works any more, hasn't for me for a year. You can also - if you have a PC with a wired internet connection - share the internet connection over WiFi with the SSID set to _theCloud and spoof your MAC address as a known NintendoZone location. That may still work, but you need a NIC at least to do it the easy way you need a NIC that supports specific commands.

I went to McDonald's in Liffey and 2 or 3 SuperMacs (?) in the area but non of those worked for me ... No tricks on wi-fi or setting done so don't think there is any zone there :/ I think I hit one last year in Crumlin's hospital but not sure now ...

It may have been a shift in provider - they brought in a new site-wide WiFi service about a year ago in the Valley, which may have supplanted the "_TheCloud" network seen up around McD's. Still think it's around in M&S though, try your luck. And while you're there see if they're still doing their Belgian Chocolate Hot Cross Buns - they make a great consolation prize!

Bear in mind, I don't think that it's officially a NintendoZone, but at least in 2013 you could access the NintendoZone features through any _TheCloud connection, where streetpass relay has recently been fussy about it being a designated zone.

BTW, what do you want from the NintendoZone? Streetpasses? A download? The thrill of seeing the software install itself? Or just some sort of closure?

there is streetpass week and in zones there are plenty of special downloads this week only ...
    I will look into chocolate buns for sure :) and hot choco as well :) tomorrow for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the Nintendo Zone idea is stupid, at least from the point of view that there's only a select few. You should always be able to use your own WiFi without having to resort to hacks. When changing your SSID worked, I did buy the StreetPass games. I would have to rebuy them now as I got a new 3DS, but I'm not going to as while I am lucky enough to have 3 zones near me, I am not going to go there every day. It's lost revenue for them for something that's needlessly controlled.

Hmmmm.... Based on a flimsy bit of jiggery pokery, (my 3DS no longer picking it up as a viable SSID) _The Cloud isn't a NintendoZone provider any more. NintendoSpotPass1 is still seen, but looks like it's MAC-fussy.

(Basically, the NZ app does not register an open _The Cloud network as an internet connection. It does see NintendoZone1 but fails to connect.)

Edit :
    http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/35918 - Down near the end.
    Curiouser.... looks like the Zone app is obsolete, but the Zones themselves (ie your 3DS connecting to a streetpass relay) still function. So whatever you're hoping to do with the Zone should not involve the Zone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

Streetpass relays are O2 wifi hotspots which are definitely in Argos, and were (maybe still are, I haven't checked) in Debenhams and McDonalds. They no longer shuffle all the Miis from the UK and Ireland though so you'll just get whoever visited that store before you.

The non shuffling is the reason homepass without MAC fiddling doesn't work anymore too, the mobile relay still connects to Nintendo, but the only Mii on there is your own (or the other 3DSes that have connected to your phone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Try NintendoZone5 instead of 1... ?

Advertisement