Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Attack - What's your weapon?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

Hahahahahahaha my iPod.... I shall distract them with good music, whilst I run very fast in the opposite direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

One of these; http://sellin.com/GCFR/_images/ParkWrench.jpg could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Chunky curtain rail. That'll do for now

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevinhalvey

18" machete x2
    double barreled shotgun (sawed off)

sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

A rather pricey folding knife I use for fishing and a hefty leather wrapped shillelagh. The cast iron teapot will do in a pinch as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

HKQS9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

A Top Gear calendar. Ah balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

all thats to my left is tea and biscuits ......

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

An external harddrive and nail clippers:eek:
    yeah i'm dead....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Radiator. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

My pillow :p

Are you ready for the greatest pillow fight ever? ... I know I am! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

This gun:

.22 ammo is the most abundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I've got my Ruger 10/22 and loads of ammo so i'm sorted.

It's funny how people have misread the OP. It says that the item to the left of you when you are writing the thread is what you would have to use to fight off zombies on V-day.
    Reading through this thread and seeing pictures of huge rifles making an appearance only intrigues me more as to what people leave beside their computers! :D

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    It's funny how people have misread the OP. It says that the item to the left of you when you are writing the thread is what you would have to use to fight off zombies on V-day.
    Reading through this thread and seeing pictures of huge rifles making an appearance only intrigues me more as to what people leave beside their computers! :D

That's not a huge rifle. That's a .22.:D

It's a very light weight semi-automatic weapon that is among the most common in the United States. Since Ireland only allows gun owners to own .22 weapons, the most abundant stock of cartridge in Ireland for a rifle is obviously going to .22 (unless there is more imported 7.62mm X 39mm ammo in undiscovered IRA bunkers that we don't know about!) I chose it because .22 ammunition is the most abundant, is very light, and easy to carry and easy to store in large quantities.
    It's an easy weapon to shoot accurately with very low recoil.

If you are hold in a building with legions of zombies surrounding you it is ideal for picking them off with head shots. No fuss.

If we are going to stay alive for the longest time possible, this beauty is just the thing - efficient, easy to use, no fussy maintenance etc.

snafuk35 wrote: »

It's a very light weight semi-automatic weapon that is among the most common in the United States. Since Ireland only allows gun owners to own .22 weapons, the most abundant stock of cartridge in Ireland for a rifle is obviously going to .22 (unless there is more imported 7.62mm X 39mm ammo in undiscovered IRA bunkers that we don't know about!) I chose it because .22 ammunition is the most abundant, is very light, and easy to carry and easy to store in large quantities.
    It's an easy weapon to shoot accurately with very low recoil.

If you are hold in a building with legions of zombies surrounding you it is ideal for picking them off with head shots. No fuss.

If we are going to stay alive for the longest time possible, this beauty is just the thing - efficient, easy to use, no fussy maintenance etc.

and you have a .22 rifle right beside your computer? So you're telling me that the first thing to the left of your keyboard is a .22 rifle? :D:D
    When I wrote mine, I was in bed with my laptop thus my weapon was my pillow! :P

The OP says ... the item to the left of your computer is the weapon that you must use to fight zombies with. I would be very surprised if you had a .22 rifle lying on your desk beside your computer/laptop :P

Yes I have my Ruger 10/22 right here beside me as I read the thread and understand what was asked in the op,
    I just happed to be going to clean it later so thats why I have it out of the safe...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Have ye never watched the documentary Shaun of the Dead, a cricket bat clearly is the most effective weapon against zombies :)

Although since this is Ireland substitute a cricket bat for a hurl and sliothar

Yer, not many cricket bats here, a good heavy baseball bat would do the job.

and you have a .22 rifle right beside your computer? So you're telling me that the first thing to the left of your keyboard is a .22 rifle? :D:D
    When I wrote mine, I was in bed with my laptop thus my weapon was my pillow! :P

The OP says ... the item to the left of your computer is the weapon that you must use to fight zombies with. I would be very surprised if you had a .22 rifle lying on your desk beside your computer/laptop :P

I do! Some of us are serious about the coming zombie apocalypse. I carry my rifle everywhere dissembled in a long brown paper bag if you must know!:D

• Advertisement

duiggers wrote: »
    Have ye never watched the documentary Shaun of the Dead, a cricket bat clearly is the most effective weapon against zombies :)

Although since this is Ireland substitute a cricket bat for a hurl and sliothar

A hurley will break too easy.

hurling_sports_546174t.jpg

Setanta was able to kill the hound of Culann with a sliothar down the throat. I doubt if even Lar Corbett can do that!

Setanta was able to kill the hound of Culann with a sliothar down the throat. I doubt if even Lar Corbett can do that!

Remember there would be more than 1 zombie around on Z-day! :D

This is where a ball-boy would come in handy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

My weapon is my neurotic cat!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Since Ireland only allows gun owners to own .22 weapons

Pardon? Might want to do a bit more research on that.

Blay wrote: »
    Pardon? Might want to do a bit more research on that.

I was thinking the same... I know of a friend who has a gun licence and owns a glock.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As well as being wrong about only allowed .22 rifle.
    The 22 isn't a great choice as its not very powerful. Not really suited to hunting anything much bigger than rabbits.

if there was a zombie rabbit infestation then you'd want a 22.
    For actual zombies, you'd need something bigger. Like a fox rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Aoifey! wrote: »
    The object to your left is now your weapon is the upcoming zombie apocalypse. What is your weapon? How screwed are you?
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    With that in mind I'd probably like to hark back to my old CS days and take on a Benelli M3 Super 90

Missed the point

For my original post I was in bed and my weapon was my pillow... now I'm in college and the item to my left is a calculator.

Hmmmm ... The choices! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

mwa ha ha for once I am prepared, so instead of stapler I have this by my desk.....

1fcuma.jpg

Bring on the officer worker zeds

• Advertisement

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Bring on the officer worker zeds

I think I'm going to stick by you when the zombies attack. I don't think my pillow would have the same effect as you hammer/axe hybrid! :D

Advertisement