Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S data connection issue

Options
  • 26-03-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey,

Has anyone else heard of or experienced the data connection issue that can sometimes happen with the Galaxy S?

My phone no longer connects to the internet via 3G/EDGE/GPRS (Wifi seems ok). From doing research on the problem, the general solution is to do a complete restore of the phone, and that is only a temporary solution.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=736798

I was on Android 2.1 (Eclair) when this problem happened. So after resetting the phone didn't solve the problem, I upgraded to Android 2.2 (Froyo) through Kies. Still no luck as of yet.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Going to call into a Meteor shop next to see if they can help (possibly replace the sim card) before getting onto Samsung (Phone is just 6 months old).

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Brownemint wrote: »
    Hey,

Has anyone else heard of or experienced the data connection issue that can sometimes happen with the Galaxy S?

My phone no longer connects to the internet via 3G/EDGE/GPRS (Wifi seems ok). From doing research on the problem, the general solution is to do a complete restore of the phone, and that is only a temporary solution.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=736798

I was on Android 2.1 (Eclair) when this problem happened. So after resetting the phone didn't solve the problem, I upgraded to Android 2.2 (Froyo) through Kies. Still no luck as of yet.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Going to call into a Meteor shop next to see if they can help (possibly replace the sim card) before getting onto Samsung (Phone is just 6 months old).

Any help would be appreciated!

This has also happened to me over the last few days on the meteor network. I did a full reset (to 2.2 froyo), but no joy either.

I bought my phone about 6 months ago as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? (I'll be ringing meteor as well and will post any responses here).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

What network?
    Meteor/eMobile data connection has been down all weekend for upgrade work.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's probably nothing wrong with your phones, it's a network issue http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055830101 , if it's effecting mobile broadband it's also affecting phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Thanks guys,
    I was in Dublin today, and data didnt work. I'm now in Kildare, and no joy either.
    Is it a nationwide issue?

Does anyone have a link to an official statement from Meteor, 'cos I've tried my partners Desire, and she's getting data (she's on meteor also).

I tried swapping the Sims, and her sim worked (with data) on my Galaxy.
    My SIM (on her phone) only allowed her to make emergency calls??

Is the outage specific to individual Sims or does it sound like i have a bigger problem?

Thanks for anymore info.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement
Advertisement