Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor down second time in a week!!

Options
  • 16-02-2010 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Meteor broadband down for the second time in a week. Anyone know if I could return the usb and get a refund?

The last time it was for a weekend and I had an exam on the monday this time I`ve to make a website for thursday amoung other things. Getting really p****ed off.

Rang and they said they`d no idea when it`ll be back up.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

theg81der wrote: »
    Rang and they said they`d no idea when it`ll be back up.

Problems are not always simple to fix, and they may not know how long it could take. It could be minutes or hours.

Systems do fail, even the best of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they have had problems in the Carlow area since the christmas with their HSDPA signal that was rolled out for the mobile broadband, edge is very slow(useless) but their ordinary 3g signal(384kbps) is operating fine.

it is also affecting mobile customers that have handsets capable of 3.6mbps speeds for wap browsing and mms sending/receiving. there is no service when handsets/dongles pick up the HSDPA signal.

do a speed test every hour and keep records and after a few days ring them and ask to speak to someone about getting compensated for the lack of service, also send them a letter with all the details and ask to return the dongle for a refund and be released from the contract as meteor are failing to provide the advertised service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Thanks thats great advice. Stupid question perhaps but how do I do a speed test?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

foggy_lad wrote: »
    do a speed test every hour and keep records and after a few days ring them and ask to speak to someone about getting compensated for the lack of service, also send them a letter with all the details and ask to return the dongle for a refund and be released from the contract as meteor are failing to provide the advertised service.

While they may advertise a speed/service, their Terms & Conditions state that -

Meteor cannot guarantee that you will reach maximum speed advertised. Speed of internet connection assumes the Network and components are working at optimum speeds and capacity.

While you can complain, they may not entertain your complaint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Morfeuz

I have the same problem. What makes it worse is their customer service sucks! What are the alternatives? I signed up about last April. Is there a minimum term contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Meteors data and broadband has been fcuked up since yesterday i rang them and they said its fixed and its not they have serious customer service issues if its not sorted today i will cancell all my contracts

just called them again and they said they hope to have it fixed by end of day and its a major issue and people will be compensated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

No issue with them in Carlow but Google maps on my phone thinks I'm in Tallaght at the Luas stop???

No service all weekend till now and I only have edge. Didn`t ring because whats the point and it costs me money to ring for nothing.

I JUST RANG AGAIN AND THEY SAME BULL OFF THEM
    we are still working on it
    i think thats reason to cancell 3 days without service when you have a number of contracts which wholly rely on data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yea the data on my phone has been up the jyp all weekend. was very frustrating tbch

3 days to fix a load of bull
    i think i will move to 3

jimmynokia wrote: »
    3 days to fix a load of bull
    i think i will move to 3

Tried that don`t bother - service was worse and somehow you use more data even thou you have way more (ie 15gb instead of 7.5 but still ran out quicker) :confused:

is this on mobile phone? opera mobile(app) can fix that.
    got a call back today(5 days later) asking if everything was ok the neck of them and they turned around and said its not their fault i could not stop laughing at the guy on the phone, i asked well whos fault is it then?
    He could not answer.....

Advertisement