Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor internet access trouble

Options
  • 23-02-2011 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

anyone else having trouble accessing the internet on their meteor mobile this morning? can't seem to get the mobile network to turn on at all, was grand yesterday.
    on htc desire, hav tried putting it on WCDMA onle, GEM only and GSM/WCDMA but no luck

anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Yep same here... its down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Yea, I can confirm that it's also not working for eMobile, which is no surprise since they are sharing the infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 self_sentered

Same as. Is this all of Dublin or the whole country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LaserLips

I'm back online now...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

It's working for me again in Dublin 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 leapin_lep

back now (city centre), thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

I noticed it gone before 8.30 in th city centre. This has been happening a bit too often recently for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Back up and running again
    It was out for me here in Cork also this morning - thought it was caused by app updates i did last night on HTC Desire so un-installed a load of stuff - bummer as I now have to re-install a load of stuff:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

I've not been able to use the internet since yesterday morning bar briefly yesterday afternoon.

I rang Meteor and they said the data network was down since Friday night.

Surprised there's no notification online or on their helpline menu of a problem.
    Also I've searched boards and see no mention from others of an issue.

Anyone able to use 3G/GPRS on Meteor at the moment? In south Dublin area..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Emerson wrote: »
    I've not been able to use the internet since yesterday morning bar briefly yesterday afternoon.

I rang Meteor and they said the data network was down since Friday night.

Surprised there's no notification online or on their helpline menu of a problem.
    Also I've searched boards and see no mention from others of an issue.

Anyone able to use 3G/GPRS on Meteor at the moment? In south Dublin area..

I'm in Cork, mine's not working either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya im haveing trouble getting onto it as well in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not just me then, mine been acting up since yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Not working for me either in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

Its a country-wide issue. Basically the issue is with congestion as they ran out of IP's. :rolleyes::eek:

If you keep trying you will get connected. Its just the inital connection that is the problem.:P

Hate to flame but Meteor has been giving p*ss poor data service recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭alan89

long_b wrote: »
    Hate to flame but Meteor has been giving p*ss poor data service recently

I agree. The downtime is due to a system wide upgrade to the Mobile Broadband/ Mobile Data services. I think a courtesy SMS would of gone a long way....:confused:

This is what I said to the girl on the Meteor help line earlier. No notification what so ever.
    God love her, she sounded hung over and probably didn't want to hear it but if everyone demanded updates we'd get them.

Whole weekend with no service. Shoddy.

I've just realised data roaming is only €2 per day in the EU on Vodafone and free national internet, voda calls and texts all come free with €30 top up whereas Meteor is only 2 of 3 free.

No longer do Meteor hold my heart for value. When I run out of credit I'm jumping ship..

alan89 wrote: »
    Its a country-wide issue. Basically the issue is with congestion as they ran out of IP's. :rolleyes::eek:

If you keep trying you will get connected. Its just the inital connection that is the problem.:P

20 attempts.. 0 successful connections?

Dire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Emerson wrote: »
    This is what I said to the girl on the Meteor help line earlier. No notification what so ever.
    God love her, she sounded hung over and probably didn't want to hear it but if everyone demanded updates we'd get them.

Whole weekend with no service. Shoddy.

I've just realised data roaming is only €2 per day in the EU on Vodafone and free national internet, voda calls and texts all come free with €30 top up whereas Meteor is only 2 of 3 free.

No longer do Meteor hold my heart for value. When I run out of credit I'm jumping ship..

Really? €2 a day in the EU for data on Vodafone? Is that capped at something? That's very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Still down for me. Down all weekend too, this is shoddy as fook.l'm very pissed off with this

• Advertisement

Back for me now in South Kildare but I really hope Meteor don't brush this one under the carpet. Fat chance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Back for me too. Not impressed with meteor lately might switch to 3

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Hi All,

Similiar to you guys, I Have been without data since Friday. Just spoke to a friendly call centre agent who informed it will be wednesday at the earliest before this will be fully resolved.

Glad i'm Moving from Meteor in a few weeks as this is not the first time it has happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Dublin 2 - no data. If alan89 is right then it's just luck of the draw getting on. Ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jacky08

Hi All,

Similiar to you guys, I Have been without data since Friday. Just spoke to a friendly call centre agent who informed it will be wednesday at the earliest before this will be fully resolved.

Glad i'm Moving from Meteor in a few weeks as this is not the first time it has happened.

Have to say - I called them as well and thought the call agent was spoofing through her head - couldn't give any clarity on the situation or resolution timeframe
    Very disappointing
    I'm withought WAP and Data for the weekend - pretty poor I have to say and previoulsy I was constantly roaming to Edge ... they need to up their game Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 45 RazorT

Am having the same issue since last Friday on eMobile. Thought there was some problem with the APN settings and so messed around with those. Of course to no avail. Could someone please post the settings for a HTC Desire so I can change them back as I never wrote down the orginal settings.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

Ha Ha - they have even disabled the complaints link on the Contact Us page...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Was just on to them there, no timeframe for resolution, couldnt give any details other than it is their top priority...this is day four and counting, not good enough....who can I buy a sim off to use temporarily for the least money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

just noticed its back up here aswell, wonder will it stay...

they have a forum, a twitter presence, or txt.....there should have been some sort of communication to their users....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Was having this issue. Turned airplane mode on and off, and it seemed to re-register on the network.

Advertisement