Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Boards.ie PS3 Games Nights]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I could never get into Battlefield when I bought it first. I like the way you can can spot enemy players for your team and squad spawn but the rest of the gameplay is kind of boring. It's a good game but nothing amazing. I enjoyed our few games of MAG after though, few more wins under our belt. Soon, we'll be flying :D.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead tomorrow, that's a bit of craic when you posse up and take over a town together.

Has many people got Bomberman? I'd love to set up a few games of it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That last game of MAG last night was great. 17 mins left to defend C. Full communication, and by the time the clock was at 2 mins, nobody was coming out of their planes. Then one last push from their sneaky spec-ops.

A lot of the games were good last night. Our Squad usually did everyhing we were supposed to. I don't mind be pressed into the spawn, I get to use my sneaky loadout, bit after a while it does just feel like a conveyor belt of death, but we all did well last night.

Not a fan of Red Dead online, but good luck with it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I could never get into Battlefield when I bought it first. I like the way you can can spot enemy players for your team and squad spawn but the rest of the gameplay is kind of boring. It's a good game but nothing amazing. I enjoyed our few games of MAG after though, few more wins under our belt. Soon, we'll be flying :D.

I'm looking forward to Red Dead tomorrow, that's a bit of craic when you posse up and take over a town together.

Has many people got Bomberman? I'd love to set up a few games of it at some stage.

I have Bomberman, and I've a buddy who has it too and would probably be up for a few games. He posts on boards the odd time, just not in the games section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I played BFBC2 for a bit with whoever was on. Had three other people passing the controller around in the room.

Forgot to mute the headset, and sure didn't anyone in the squad hear em all talking about who shifted who at the weekend.

Mortified.

How is Megan (I think that was her name)?
    Did she get that thing (;)) she wanted?
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'd say maybe try playing Rush the next time. That's probably more your thing. That's one team attacking and the other defending two objectives and is a bit more focussed.

I'll play next week with different game modes.

Hopefully next time my frickin' internet will be alright. It's the worse it's ever been last night. When I finally got into a game I wasn't lagging in I started get disconnected every 60 seconds. Wasn't the BF servers or anything was my internet here so hopefully can sort it.

I remember what it was like, had Irish "Broadband" a few years ago and it went real bad real quick (was fine at the start).
    So glad I have UPC now. It really is the dogs wotsits.

I've downloaded MAG again anyway to replace the cracked disc adn will try and get back into it. It just doesn't have the appeal to me since I've played Battlefield. Admittedly I haven't been in a decent squad yet in it so it's been a case of run, run, run, run, run, see enemy, try to fire, dead, respawn, run, run, run, run, run, shot in the back of the head, respawn. When a game of MAG is going badly it's the most frustrating game ever.

For me Battlefield has everything I like about MAG, with the sense of scale and all that, but less of the annoyances and a fair few improvements. MAG can just seem like a clusterf*ck at times. Will give it a go again though alright and try and re-ignite my feelings for the game! :P

It can be a stiff learning curve, but a good squad makes all the difference.
    Had some great little firefights last night in Domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ha mitch was that you? Was wondering what was going on there :pac:

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

It can be a stiff learning curve, but a good squad makes all the difference.
    Had some great little firefights last night in Domination.

It's having to do the whole learning curve again that's annoying me. :P I bought it at launch and fully leveled up a Raven character, that character's halfway through Valor now. Was loving it at the time, but that was before i'd ever played Battlefield. BF has that squad and class based mechanic that I loved in MAG, but because it's a bit smaller or more focused in scale it doesn't get as unwieldy as MAG does sometimes.

Just started a new Raven character on the second character slot and I think that's what's killing it for me a bit.Though I think I may have just been off form on Sunday anyway, levelling up is just painfully slow at the moment though. So I'm just feeling a bit hamstrung in it without even a sight on my gun. Need to get back into the swing of how it plays too. I think I was just unlucky that I had a terrible run of bad squads with no squad leaders so it was just a mess of a game. My patience was in short supply between cruddy internet and lack of sleep so I'll definitely give it another shot. I'm sure being in a squad with boardsies will make a dramatic difference, sadly my disc hadn't survived long enough on Sunday for me to be able to play on Sunday! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

How is Megan (I think that was her name)?
    Did she get that thing (;)) she wanted?
    Ha mitch was that you? Was wondering what was going on there :pac:
    Ah feck off :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to red dead tomorrow night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Looking forward to red dead tomorrow night ;)

Same here, im lvl 48 and this'll help to getting to 50, big fan of headshots on it :D
    If theres enough of us on we could have a boards x V x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tonydude wrote: »
    Same here, im lvl 48 and this'll help to getting to 50, big fan of headshots on it :D
    If theres enough of us on we could have a boards x V x

:O Im only level 20,big fan of headshots to :D and throwing dynamite at wagons :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've never played online....:o

I'm gonna be killed alot, aren't i? :D

RedXIV wrote: »

Not necessarily.........you will have to start off with a mule though till you level up a bit :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not necessarily.........you will have to start off with a mule though till you level up a bit :P

Which is great fun for about a minute, til you realise you are miles from the action...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Which is great fun for about a minute, til you realise you are miles from the action...:p
    Ah sure you do the smart thing.

Wait for one of the levelled up lads to call his horse, and nick it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

RedXIV wrote: »

Yeah, sounds like we're going to get slaughtered...

I'll load up Red Dead later to check out all our options for private matches and stuff. We'll get in a good mix of game modes anyways as we have loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

id defo be up for private games if we have a good show out, we can earn xp in private games too

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iqon77

anyone wants to add me to there Friends list for these game nights..

Throatcutter77... cork area !!

cheers..

Will be my first time playing rdr too! Hmmm mules....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'll be nice and give everyone one of my mounts to use.
    tonydude wrote: »
    id defo be up for private games if we have a good show out, we can earn xp in private games too

We won't be able to grief others in a private games.

Oh if we are doing a co-op night or something similar I'd suggest Portal 2 when it comes out. Remember if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC version free too, which is a nice bonus.

• Advertisement

I'll be setting up the Red Dead game at 8 and I'm sure I'll see you in the Boardsie text chat as well (if you're not in the chat send me a PSN message and I'll add you to the chat). Once the lobby is set up we can decide what we want to play.

If you're not on my friends list I'll try and delete someone and add you so that you can join.
    Oh if we are doing a co-op night or something similar I'd suggest Portal 2 when it comes out. Remember if you buy the PS3 version you get the PC version free too, which is a nice bonus.
    Portal 2 is one of the games that motivated me to come up with a co-op night. I have the PS3 version pre-ordered ^^. So hyped!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What what what?!?!?! Can I just buy ps3 version, get pc version activated on on steam, then just trade in ps3 version?

Sorry for off topic, but I would not believe they make such deal!

So did the first night go well lads? It's a shame you not doing it On xbox... As 90% of latest games I got on xbox :( . Anyone willing to organise it for xboxers? :) please no cod thought!!!

What what what?!?!?! Can I just buy ps3 version, get pc version activated on on steam, then just trade in ps3 version?

Sorry for off topic, but I would not believe they make such deal!

So did the first night go well lads? It's a shame you not doing it On xbox... As 90% of latest games I got on xbox :( . Anyone willing to organise it for xboxers? :) please no cod thought!!!

Yeah but wouldn't you just be better off buying it on Steam in that case? Unless you mean you'll play through it first on PS3. But yeah you get a code to redeem it on Steam as far as I know. EDIT: Oh wait yeah, you could get a fair bit of money back in that case alright.

The PS3 version will have some sort of Steamcloud support too.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

Why not any decent games?

Define decent, and if you say Blops may Zeus strike you down... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

love to join in

psnid :: GLOCKMIESTER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mech1 wrote: »
    love to join in

added. I suggest you look through this thread or the one in the playstation forum and add the others yourself.

We're just sticking with great games at the moment. We'll work our way down to decent.

To people asking us to play some other games... yeah, tis a bit rude. Read the OP - post in the 'Have your say' thread with your PSN and the games you would like to play. However, the games have been set up in a democratic way so the games with the most votes are the ones that we are playing.
    Mech1 wrote: »
    love to join in

Oops, sorry for killing you so much! Thought you were some randomer. :pac:

A great night was spoiled a bit for me when some American guy called 'iKurbStompNigs' (I kid you not!) went on a bit of a homophobic attack on me. Jeez, and I don't even think he was 16 so I can't use the excuse that he doesn't know any better. *This* is why I prefer playing with you guys. le sigh

• Advertisement

It was pleasure sniping ye all and stabbing ye in the back :pac:,I hope to do it again next wk ;)

Advertisement