Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Boards.ie PS3 Games Nights]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think most of us had mics, as well as a clan text chat running, which was cool. We were basically the Mighty Ducks last night, but soon we'll be the... the good Mighty Ducks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think most of us had mics, as well as a clan text chat running, which was cool. We were basically the Mighty Ducks last night, but soon we'll be the... the good Mighty Ducks?
    Attacking in a flying V formation were we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Has there been a BFBC2 update recently? Won't be home til late and haven't checked for updates in a while...

Has there been a BFBC2 update recently? Won't be home til late and haven't checked for updates in a while...
    You should get yourself PS+. It'll update automatically for you.

Have been meaning to get it for the last year now... Might do it during the summer when i'm actually earning some money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think there was, not sure, I think it was a relatively small one anyway if there was one. Not sure because Plus would probably have downloaded it automatically for me.

Don't think there has been an update since Vietnam launched though.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Was fun alright. Nice being slaughtered in a group. :p
    Looking forward to BF-BC2 tonight. Haven't played it in a while, so going to practice a bit before tonight.

I'd hadn't played Battlefield in ages, but gave it another go in the last week or so. Clicked back into it quickly enough. I think the game is just so well designed that it's easier to fall back into than some other games. (At least that's what I'm telling myself anyway!) I keep forgetting about all the small little things I love about Battlefield. Spotting people, squad spawning, it's just so well thought out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Gah, gutted i Missed this... Only got MAG the other day so lookin forward to Sunday then...

Have RDR too so I might be on Wednesday, although I may be drinking heavily... (€2 pints... )

Korvanica wrote: »
    Gah, gutted i Missed this... Only got MAG the other day so lookin forward to Sunday then...

Have RDR too so I might be on Wednesday, although I may be drinking heavily... (€2 pints... )
    Dont be disheartened. I'm sure there will be plenty of people on MAG over the week to join in with them. I know I will be on. Probably even later today. Gonna start my Raven character (after I delete my Valor character) and level him up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone have a preference on what we play tonight original maps or Vietnam.

Don't have Vietnam expansion... I'd say alot of people are in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I don't have Vietnam either. When I clicked the store in game it would do nothing, "retrieving store content" for ages, quit after a couple of mins...:rolleyes:

Playing a bit of rush and conquest there, was on a map "Heavy Metal" I think, was huge, and I can't drive the vehicles at all. Was ridiculous.
    Tracer darted two helicopters though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'd suggest just teaming up in a game of Rush.

There was for me this morning, nearly 1800MB, took all of 5 minutes to dl

I've definitely downloaded that update, don't think there's been a big one since!

Aw thats a pity with Vietnam well worth the 12.99 price tag. You can't beat the flamethrower and a trench full of enemies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

How are we gonna work it to get as many of us into the same game on the same team?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Takes a while to level up alright if you aint a medic. Getting knifed a lot as i dont know the controls yet....

Yea I prefer the Battlefield controls really, complete mind **** trying to toggle thru my set up. I also haven't unlocked the resuscitate skill yet so not getting much points.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    How are we gonna work it to get as many of us into the same game on the same team?

I'm not sure. What's the maximum number of people you can invite to a group? Could maybe set up a private game or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up Bad Company 2 today so I'll be on after 11 if there are any stragglers still hanging about. Mind you, it might be closer to 12 given the inevitable slow updates I'll have to download.

Only have it on PC so I'm afraid I'll be giving tonight a miss. For those too that dont have it, I'll be on MAG if you care to join me.

• Advertisement

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I'm not sure. What's the maximum number of people you can invite to a group? Could maybe set up a private game or something.

Ah Boardsie against Boardsie a fight to the death. I seem to remember knifing you Notoriety a couple of weeks ago in Killzone. It was a very satisfying experience and one i would be keen to repeat .:D

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ah Boardsie against Boardsie a fight to the death. I seem to remember knifing you Notoriety a couple of weeks ago in Killzone. It was a very satisfying experience and one i would be keen to repeat .:D

Lol, and remember knife me in Battlefield and you get my dog tags :p

Right, i'm all set to go at 8! Bring on the carnage!!

NotorietyH wrote: »

Had a little look at setting up a private match.
    Minimum is 8 people, 4 on each team.
    Maximum is 24, 12 on each team.
    My guess is there is 3 squads of 4 on each team.
    Once we get over 8 players, each one that joins pick a team and keep it even.
    While looking at it, it seems the host can move players between teams and sets game preferences.

I've put BIE as my clan tag (same one we used on MAG last night).

The boards chat is still up and running from last night if people want to join. Can message me for invite to chat if needs be. I suppose once we get an idea of numbers we can decide on how best to set it up and all

I'm floating around in Bad Company 2 atm. Throw me an invite, have one of the lads playing for me too. Changed my clan tag to BIE also.

I didn't start at more like 9.30. Had a bit of trouble getting into a game with a decent amount of boardies. Some pple seemed to be getting kicked out alot. The matches were also very tough.

I didn't start at more like 9.30. Had a bit of trouble getting into a game with a decent amount of boardies. Some pple seemed to be getting kicked out alot. The matches were also very tough.

Not long after you started playing(you were on our team but not in our squad :() a few of us left to play MAG again.
    BF: BC2 just seemed like a lot of running from A - B - C - D and then starting all over again.
    Maybe if we play different game modes???
    Doubt I'll be playing that again.

If anyone is up for more MAG tomorrow night, give me a shout - no matter what I'm playing - I'll just save and join the MAG game.
    Really enjoyed MAG these last two nights - much better with a squad.

I played BFBC2 for a bit with whoever was on. Had three other people passing the controller around in the room.

Forgot to mute the headset, and sure didn't anyone in the squad hear em all talking about who shifted who at the weekend.

Mortified.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not long after you started playing(you were on our team but not in our squad :() a few of us left to play MAG again.
    BF: BC2 just seemed like a lot of running from A - B - C - D and then starting all over again.
    Maybe if we play different game modes???
    Doubt I'll be playing that again.

If anyone is up for more MAG tomorrow night, give me a shout - no matter what I'm playing - I'll just save and join the MAG game.
    Really enjoyed MAG these last two nights - much better with a squad.

I'd say maybe try playing Rush the next time. That's probably more your thing. That's one team attacking and the other defending two objectives and is a bit more focussed.

Hopefully next time my frickin' internet will be alright. It's the worse it's ever been last night. When I finally got into a game I wasn't lagging in I started get disconnected every 60 seconds. Wasn't the BF servers or anything was my internet here so hopefully can sort it.

I've downloaded MAG again anyway to replace the cracked disc adn will try and get back into it. It just doesn't have the appeal to me since I've played Battlefield. Admittedly I haven't been in a decent squad yet in it so it's been a case of run, run, run, run, run, see enemy, try to fire, dead, respawn, run, run, run, run, run, shot in the back of the head, respawn. When a game of MAG is going badly it's the most frustrating game ever.

For me Battlefield has everything I like about MAG, with the sense of scale and all that, but less of the annoyances and a fair few improvements. MAG can just seem like a clusterf*ck at times. Will give it a go again though alright and try and re-ignite my feelings for the game! :P

Advertisement