Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show - 25 March 2011

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jonathon, is this genuine or is it another one of your famous photoshops???

No, it's 100% genuine, MrsD.

They really go to town on him, I'm just disappointed they printed a load of critical comments from twitter and none from this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This is Paul Martin's Twitter..
    http://twitter.com/paulmartin_bizz
    there's a few more remarks and a link to what he refers to as "his" front page ..

I didnt photoshop it, but I think Paul Martin did quote me when he wrote
    > Viewers blast "He's a f**king chicken"..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

SkidMark wrote: »
    No, it's 100% genuine, MrsD.

They really go to town on him, I'm just disappointed they printed a load of critical comments from twitter and none from this thread.
    :eek: :eek:

I couldn't give a sh1te about Ronan's private life but I am interested in how Tubs conducts his interviews as we licence payers pay his salary. It was an appalling interview for Tubs. He reminds me of the lion in the "Wizard of Oz". He appears to have lost his courage. Last Friday night's interview was a far cry from the night he asked Brian Cowen, our Taoiseach (at the time) did he think he drank too much.

This is Paul Martin's Twitter..
    http://twitter.com/paulmartin_bizz
    there's a few more remarks and a link to what he refers to as "his" front page ..

I didnt photoshop it, but I think Paul Martin did quote me when he wrote
    Are you a follower of that little sh1te PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭baldbear

If I was Yvonne I would have expected a bit of grovelling.....

MrsD you got quoted today in that arse rag Sindo. Niamh Horan page 3. I didn't buy it my mother did!:D

She said The Boyzone star didn't get off lightly eitheir "If I was Yvonne I would have expected a bit of grovelling"..... posted by one angry viewer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Are you a follower of that little sh1te PM?

Na, just googled him the other night when macroboy alerted people to the Paul Martin's twitter machine going mad on the internet... He had the top tweet in the last 24 hours for Ireland, when he tweeted about Tubridy being a coward.. I just googled him today to see if there was any update.
    He reminds me of the lion in the "Wizard of Oz"

I suppose I'm gonna have to photoshop this as well then am I .. :(

baldbear wrote: »
    MrsD you got quoted today in that arse rag Sindo. Niamh Horan page 3. I didn't buy it my mother did!:D

She said The Boyzone star didn't get off lightly eitheir "If I was Yvonne I would have expected a bit of grovelling"..... posted by one angry viewer.
    I hope the other boardies are paying attention... I might need appearance money ahead of next week's LLS thread :rolleyes::D

I'm so disappointed I didn't get the SINDO today, Mr D purchased the SBP and the Sunday Times as he wanted to read Matt Cooper :(

Sh1te - I think Mr D. might ban me from boards after this

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

baldbear wrote: »

Having met Yvonne on several occasions, Ronan grovelling on TV would be the last thing she would ever want.

Ronan is a guest on Today FM breakfast show tomorrow with Ian Dempsey. Maybe the Irish will get the interview they really want then!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Jayme101 wrote: »
    Having met Yvonne on several occasions, Ronan grovelling on TV would be the last thing she would ever want.

Ronan is a guest on Today FM breakfast show tomorrow with Ian Dempsey. Maybe the Irish will get the interview they really want then!
    i wont get to hear the show please post here what happens ;)

I couldn't care less what Ronan says TBH but if I was married to him I'd expect him to say something along the lines of I love my wife, my children and my family and I've let them down and I'm truly sorry for that.

Yvonne and the children have had a very difficult year and IMO he should have acknowledged his role in this, it wasn't all down to the media. If you are in the public eye you should be aware that if you step out of line the media are going to report it.

You can't pick and choose when you are in going to use the media. If you live by the sword you die by the sword.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

casio4 wrote: »
    i wont get to hear the show please post here what happens ;)

You can listen back to here to Ronan's whole interview here:

http://media.todayfm.com/podcasts/popup

Its the 2nd part of the show at about 14 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You can listen back to here to Ronan's whole interview here:

http://media.todayfm.com/podcasts/popup

Its the 2nd part of the show at about 14 mins
    it's hardly worth it though is it?

Na, just googled him the other night when macroboy alerted people to the Paul Martin's twitter machine going mad on the internet... He had the top tweet in the last 24 hours for Ireland, when he tweeted about Tubridy being a coward.. I just googled him today to see if there was any update.

I suppose I'm gonna have to photoshop this as well then am I .. :(
    yeah don't follow him whatever you do, he seems to get a sexual thrill when his follower count increases after he tweets controversial..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I go away for one week and you all get quoted by de meeja :mad:

I want to be quoted by Bubbleface (Niamho) and Squeak (Paulo) :mad:

:eek: :eek:

Tubs will need therapy after this quote in today's Irish Independent.

"despite the fact that Tubridy's television show consists largely of interviews, he's not a journalist in the real sense and has never pretended to be. Instead, he's a facilitator of the entertainment industry, an eager enthusiast who's always been determinedly soft in his approach to the celebrity culture that provides him with very lucrative employment".

RTE have had no complaints about fridays show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

How do you know this?

How do you know this?
    one of the hundreds of articles on the subject, i can't even begin to think which one...it said they only received 2 complaints(out of 900,000 viewers), which i'm sure nationwide gets too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How do you know this?
    one of the hundreds of articles on the subject, i can't even begin to think which one...it said they only received 2 complaints(out of 900,000 viewers), which i'm sure nationwide gets too.

Well i think this could be rectified very easily:
    http://www.rte.ie/about/complaints.html

*cracks fingers and starts typing* :D

Get going folks! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

One has to wonder whether RTE considers, the numerous negative newspaper articles over the weekend, to be a complaint against DLB - though not throught the formal channels.

One has to wonder whether RTE considers, the numerous negative newspaper articles over the weekend, to be a complaint against DLB - though not throught the formal channels.
    i don't think they do. As far as they are concerned Tubs is the highest viewed and least complained presenter on RTE!!

By Caitlin McBride

Tuesday March 29 2011

THE PR nightmare of Ryan Tubridy's Late Late Show interview with Ronan Keating took another twist today.
    RTE was forced to deny embarrassing claims by the singer that he was let off the hook by Tubridy because they are friends.
    Keating's claim, which suggests a lack of objectivity on RTE's flagship show, was swiftly played down by the station.
    In what now resembles schoolyard politics, one side is saying he is friends with the other, while the other's pals are denying it.
    Storm
    RTE maintains that the pair are not pals and did not have a pre-show agreement that Tubridy would not quiz Keating on his recent marriage problems which were caused by his affair with a backing dancer.
    Keating added to the storm yesterday, saying that the two discussed the content of the interview beforehand, and thanking Tubridy for being such a good "friend" and going easy on him.
    But RTE later released a statement, saying: "It's Late Late Show policy for Ryan to meet with all his guests prior to the show on Friday nights.
    "Suggestions that Ronan and Ryan came to an agreement over content of the interview because they are friends are totally inaccurate.
    "Ryan only knows Ronan in his professional capacity as a TV presenter," it added.
    RTE's response was to Keating's statements asserting that he and Tubridy did in fact agree on the content of the interview beforehand, and even thanked him for being "good" to him.
    Questions
    Montrose bosses explained that there were no limitations put in place by Keating, only adding fuel to the growing criticism of Tubridy's suitability for the job.
    As detailed in yesterday's Herald, the singer said that Tubridy agreed not to ask any personal questions about the state of his marriage.
    "Ryan and I are friends and he was good to me on Friday," he said. "We spoke before the interview on how it was going to go.
    "That's my private life, and regardless of how many questions someone's going to ask, I'm not going to answer.
    "They'll say whatever they want to say, I'll keep my private life private as I always have. Thank you to Ryan, fair play. I hope he doesn't get too hard a time," he told Ian Dempsey on Today FM.
    And Tubridy has continued to defend his lacklustre grilling, saying that the pint-sized performer didn't deserve one.
    "Ronan Keating's a pop star and he appears to have had some indiscretion -- you've read about it, you know about it, I asked him about it, and he answered," he told listeners of his 2fm show.
    cmcbride@herald.ie

Says DLB: Ronan "appears" to have had an indiscretion and I asked him about it.

:confused:

Since when does alluding to "a terrible year" mean you asked him about his indiscretion???

What a big chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Kind of said the same in the other thread but

If Ryan Tubridy and Ronan Keating had a private agreement on what questions were to be asked and not to be asked, then Ryan Tubridy's role as Late Late Show presenter must be question. This wouldnt be tolerated if it was Brian Dobson. I dont see why The Late Late Show would be exempt. This would be ok and an internal affair if it was a private Tv Company but not from the state broadcaster.

If an agreement was made between Tubridy and Keating and the production team were aware of this and gave it the OK. Then IMO the blame must be layed on the head producer of the show. They must act in the public interest. The public interest was not on promoting Keatings new album and the production team has failed in their role of impartiality and working in the public interest.

Advertisement