Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher 'Banging out Tunes In LA'

Options
  • 24-03-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

I hope this means an album later on this year!

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/55665
    Noel Gallagher is working on new material in Los Angeles, according to You Me At Six singer Josh Franceschi.

Last night (March 23) Franceschi wrote on Twitter/com/joshmeatsix that the ex-Oasis man was working in the same studio as his band.

"Can hear Noel from Oasis blasting his new tunes from the studio next door," he wrote. "Absolutely mental

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

looking forward to noels solo career but i hope he just doesnt become a clone of paul weller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Weller has made some great solo work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Weller isn't in the same league as Noel Gallagher or anywhere close.

Noel is rumoured to be working with Dve Sardy again.
    How many of these songs will feature on the album? All unreleased and some have been leaked from previous sessions and some have been recorded at soundchecks..

Stop the Clocks
    Record Machine
    Everybody's on the Run
    To Love True Love
    If I Had A Gun
    Revolution Song
    Bye Bye My Family
    The Magic Can't Be Right
    Come On It's Alright
    Don't Be Down
    The 18 minute long song played at the soundcheck in Hong Kong 09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭trashcan

Dotsey wrote: »
    Weller isn't in the same league as Noel Gallagher or anywhere close.

a hahahahahahaha. I'm not a Weller fanatic and not a big fan of his solo stuff at all, but this is a laughable claim. A look at both mens back catalogue is all it takes to see how much so. I quite like Noel (certainly compared to Liam) but Weller has written some stone cold classics, (off the top of my head - Going Underground, Town Called Malice, That's Entertainment, Down in the Tube Station, Eton Rifles,My Ever Changing Moods, Shout To The Top, You're the Best Thing) Noel Gallagher has written no more than a handful of decent tunes - and in my humble opinion only one that could come close to any of the above, Don't look Back in Anger. I dunno, maybe it's a generational thing, I'm assuming you're quite a bit younger than me.

trashcan wrote: »
    Going Underground, Town Called Malice, That's Entertainment, Down in the Tube Station, Eton Rifles,My Ever Changing Moods, Shout To The Top, You're the Best Thing) Noel Gallagher has written no more than a handful of decent tunes - and in my humble opinion only one that could come close to any of the above, Don't look Back in Anger. I dunno, maybe it's a generational thing, I'm assuming you're quite a bit younger than me.
    I'm not disputing Weller in the slightest but Noel Gallagher will leave a legacy much greater than Weller.
    I'll agree with you that Gallagher has only written a handful of decent tunes, but he's written a bucket load of pretty exceptional ones.
    Live Forever, Rock N' Roll Star, Supersonic, Slide Away, Whatever, Half the World Away, Masterplan, Acquiesce, Some Might Say, Wonderwall, Morning Glory, Cast No Shadow, Champagne Supernova, Go Let It Out, Little By Little, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Let There Be Love, Importance of Being Idle, Waiting for the Rapture, Falling Down, Shock of the Lightning are just a few personal favourites

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

It was speculated that Noel Gallagher was working on a solo album even before Oasis split.

Good list Dotsey, haven't anything about Don't Be Down since a pre-Heathen Chemistry interview!

In fairness its been rumoured since 1995 that Noel has been doing a solo album. That list shows 11 songs and I've heard 8, and its just to show that Noel has songs ready to go plus stuff he hasn't mentioned and I'm sure freshly written tunes aswell.
    Its always been expected that Noel will release an acoustic album but I'm less sure, I find a lot of his songs transfer from electric to solo-acousttic really well. Slide Away, Fade Away, Waiting for the Rapture and the version of Supersonic heard in his TCT soundcheck last year all take on a completely different meaning and vibe.
    He's without doubt the most influential artist on guitar playing music in the last 25 years and despite a creative lull around the SOTSOG and HC period his contributions on the last two albums have been excellent.
    Apart from the rumours of Dave Sardy as producer it will be interesting to hear who Noel is working with. I know he could easily multi track as he's pretty good on the bass and drums aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Imo Weller is a better songwriter and musican than Gallagher. I'm a huge fan of Noel, he's always had a a ear for a tune and has written some great stuff over the years. I just think lyrically Weller is superior, I think Weller tries to stretch himself further musically than Noel and has been doing so since the late 70's. Weller has had a few poor patches in his career over the years but his last two albums were superb, can't wait for his new one this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I much prefer Noel's acoustic 'Supersonic' to the studio original.

Temaz wrote: »
    I much prefer Noel's acoustic 'Supersonic' to the studio original.

I regard them as seperate songs, same with Slide Away and Waiting for the Rapture. The way on one hand he can have a full blown rock song with great music and practically nonsense lyrics and remove it and show a complete other dimension to the song is phenomenal.
    Noels 06/07 acoustic gigs were excellent and are up there with Oasis at their live best in 08/09.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

He should go back to living in a bedsit on the dole for inspiration.
    Oasis's early songs were some of the best songs about ordinary people ever written.
    It'd be nice if he could recapture that in his solo work even if it's probably not going to happen.

"Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?"

"Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for?"

My point exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Ah, the rallying call of wasters and dole scroungers...

go read a book and listen to gaydiohead :D

its a tune and a half a ****ing belter.

cigarettes-and-alcohol.gif

You could wait for a lifetime
    To spend your days in the sunshine
    You might as well do the white line
    Cos when it comes on top . . .

You gotta make it happen!

It's just a song, a good song at that.
    What is the rallying cry of condescending smart asses?

nullzero wrote: »
    Creep;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

ricero wrote: »
    Creep;)

Creep's a great song too.
    I love Radiohead and Oasis, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Can not wait for his album. Don't think I've ever been as excited about music.
    go read a book and listen to gaydiohead :D

For fúck sake.

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Can not wait for his album. Don't think I've ever been as excited about music.

For fúck sake.

skangers.jpg

Creep's a great song too.
    I love Radiohead and Oasis, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Fully agree dude, I adore Oasis and Radiohead along with many more artists from all genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yourself and your mates out on the tiles Saturday night?

Another Gallagher related thread descends into farce.:rolleyes:

Noel Gallagher has told KAT TALES TV that he is recording an album, click here to see some recent pictures of Noel and to read Kat's experience on meeting Noe
    l.

http://kattalestv.blogspot.com/2011/03/exclusive-ex-oasis-noel-gallagher.html

According to The Sun the ex-Oasis legend is finally set to wed his girlfriend Sara MacDonald.

The pair have been living as a family for yonks and already have two kids together. According to one of the paper's sources: "Noel secretly asked Sara to marry him on her birthday last October. He's not one for making a big scene. This is the man who kept his leather jacket on when his lad Donovan was born."

Pal Russell Brand and his other half Katy Perry have already supposedly been put on red alert and should be able to fly in for the ceremony, we read.

And in another titbit reported by the paper, Noel supposedly bumped into Mark Wahlberg in a branch of Toys R Us in Los Angeles recently. So there you go.

www.nme.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

skangers.jpg

Sums up an Oasis concert; I don't think I ever witnessed such a high concentration of scummage in my life than at the marley park concert. Such a shame as Oasis were great.

fontanalis wrote: »
    Sums up an Oasis concert; I don't think I ever witnessed such a high concentration of scummage in my life than at the marley park concert. Such a shame as Oasis were great.

that pic i posted was just a piss take as many on this forum believe that all oasis fan are scumbags or junkies.

anyway noels new album looking forward to it. i heard hes over in LA now and the kasabian boys are in san franciso id love for him to do a collaboration on their new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

that pic i posted was just a piss take as many on this forum believe that all oasis fan are scumbags or junkies.

anyway noels new album looking forward to it. i heard hes over in LA now and the kasabian boys are in san franciso id love for him to do a collaboration on their new album.

I've been to a few of their shows and they seem to attract an undesireable element, but I suppsoe it only takes a few.
    I'm looking forward to Noels solo stuff, he seems to be acting like an adult these days unlike hi scum bag brother.

• Advertisement

Sourmash have posted this as the "leaked" tracklisting.

'The Magic Can't Be Right'
    2. 'Stop the Clocks'
    3. 'Freaky Teeth'
    4. 'Mile High Moon'
    5. 'Come On It's Alright'
    6. 'God Help Us All'
    7. 'Don't Stop Being Happy'
    8. 'Red, White And Blue'
    9. 'If I Had A Gun'
    10. 'I Want To Live In A Dream In My Record Machine'

Its looks fake as its basically every unreleased song Noel is rumoured to have or we've heard and some of which date back to 1997. So unless Noel gave up writing songs two years ago this is a p*ss take

Advertisement