Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sit back down michael martin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

raymon wrote: »
    The gardai are very feeble and weak on the area of corruption.

Callely , Michael Martin , bertie , I believe none of them will be investigated

As for lowry , just watch as his case gets dropped on some technicality
    i think you will find there was already a case with regard to ivor callely which he won an got back the money he lost through his suspension this action cost the state money and you want the state to waste more money see the thing is callely didnt do anything wrong technically he just took advantage of the system one of many im sure the only way to stop this is to have a simple system if your a t.d are other publice representative you get paid a wage thats it. i dont get paid for driving to work neither should they

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

would f.g supporters just come out and admit that they where just as open to bribery and where only surpassed by f.f because they where basically impotent due to not be in a position to do anything.

So you are saying that one group were thieves , (this is correct ) and another group would have been thieves if they had the chance ????

Is that your position ?

Do agree that the thieves were correct to steal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Yes justice has triumphed yet again . Ivor is now a peace commissioner

You might think I am joking , but I am actually serious

Any link for this? If he is a PC there isn't a hope in hell of him ending up in court. Who would have appointed him and, more importantly, when? Presumably the last FF Minister for Justice?

So you are saying that one group were thieves , (this is correct ) and another group would have been thieves if they had the chance ????

Is that your position ?

Do agree that the thieves were correct to steal ?
    i dont think they where theives as such i think they took bribes in return for favours probably goes on in every section of work, life and community and people would be foolish to think it doesnt. should it no. can it be stopped not easily im afraid

Any link for this? If he is a PC there isn't a hope in hell of him ending up in court. Who would have appointed him and, more importantly, when? Presumably the last FF Minister for Justice?
    he was in court and won

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

i dont think they where theives as such i think they took bribes in return for favours probably goes on in every section of work, life and community and people would be foolish to think it doesnt. should it no. can it be stopped not easily im afraid

Well one good way of stopping it is voting out the crowd most prevalent and ensuring that every possible angle is used to see if they can be brought before the courts just like any other criminals.

he was in court and won

He "won" the fact that they didn't deal with it properly, rather than whether or not he was guilty.

That also ONLY referred to his unjustifiable / bogus travel expenses, and not to the forged invoices which he submitted.

So there's no justification in pretending that Callelly got off.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Well one good way of stopping it is voting out the crowd most prevalent and ensuring that every possible angle is used to see if they can be brought before the courts just like any other criminals.
    amazingly the crowd most prevalent is the crowd in power

i think you will find when politicans are doing favours for their friends they will be more careful to cover it up

amazingly the crowd most prevalent is the crowd in power

What ?

You do know that there has been a general election and that the "crowd in power" has changed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭glenkeeran

The opposition are doing nothing but scoring own goals with this issue.

FF- Were in Government with Lowry in knowledge of these issues, FF are the Titanic of corruption compared to this rubber duck of an issue. Standards, what standards?

SF- Ssshhh noone mention Northern Bank, Gadaffi, robbing banks, killing Gardai and fundraising methods. They are moving on, but SF need to shut up, they look like the way Charles Manson would look if he starting condemning happy slaps.

Independents - I would like to see Ming being more vocal in this. SWP and SP will no doubt blame it all on capitalism, and after hilariously blaming Japans recent nuclear problems on capitalism, who would take them seriously.

Firstly there never has been any evidence regarding sinn fein and the northern bank, it has never been claimed by any organisation and the ira has always claimed responsibility on any of their actions,
    Next what happened to Gerry Mc Cabe was an horrific and dipicable act and the men are still in jail which is against the terms of the good friday agreement but again sinn fein had no part of this act.
    Then we come to fundraising methods "this one i have to laugh at".... the fundraising has mostly come from the USA and has done no harm to you, me or any other irish person but shall we go to Fianna Fail, their fundraising methods have bloody distroyed this country and i want these people investigated and now i am uncomfortable will the donations in the past to fianna gael.
    Look every party in this country has had a bad past from civil war with ff and fg then of course the labour party was formed from demorcratic left which where a branch of sinn fein.. its now time for us to forward and for us a people to be more active towards politions and demand they repersent our country to the highest standards and quit the funeral going, planning permission getting politics we had in the past.

glenkeeran wrote: »
    Next what happened to Gerry Mc Cabe was an horrific and dipicable act and the men are still in jail which is against the terms of the good friday agreement but again sinn fein had no part of this act.

I don't think I've ever seen a single sentence with so many inaccurate claims.

If it was a "mere" robbery and was "unsanctioned" then it had nothing to do with the GFA; if it was more than that then it broke the terms of the GFA.

Not to mention Ferris collecting the guys from jail, which both involves SF and disproved your claim that they are still in jail.

Anyway, think the thread is about MM's double-standards more than Gerry's and others'.

glenkeeran wrote: »
    Firstly there never has been any evidence regarding sinn fein and the northern bank, it has never been claimed by any organisation and the ira has always claimed responsibility on any of their actions,
    Then we come to fundraising methods "this one i have to laugh at".... the fundraising has mostly come from the USA and has done no harm to you, me or any other irish person but shall we go to Fianna Fail, their fundraising methods have bloody distroyed this country and i want these people investigated and now i am uncomfortable will the donations in the past to fianna gael.
    Look every party in this country has had a bad past from civil war with ff and fg then of course the labour party was formed from demorcratic left which where a branch of sinn fein.. its now time for us to forward and for us a people to be more active towards politions and demand they repersent our country to the highest standards and quit the funeral going, planning permission getting politics we had in the past.

You should try reading the odd newspaper or listen to the occasional news bulletin before post this sort of crap. :rolleyes:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0805/breaking14.html

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Anyway, think the thread is about MM's double-standards more than Gerry's and others'.

Thanks liam, yes this thread is not about murders and bankrobbers . It is clear who they are.

It is to debate Michael Martins double standards .

He has still not really explained why Owen o callaghans money ended up in his wife's bank account

Lowry needs to be brought to justice , but not by someone who has questions to answer himself.

So sit back down Michael , let someone with more integrity lead the crusade against corruption

Where was that picture taken - Clontarf or West Cork? :D

Where was that picture taken - Clontarf or West Cork? :D

Dublin ..... I nearly choked when i saw it

Advertisement