Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

rugby_fan wrote: »
    Thought the no 1 Peter Dooley and no5 John madigan were good
    Madigan and Dooley were also fairly good but IMO those i mentioned already played best

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

ormond lad wrote: »
    Good game, Best irish players were jack o d, adrian enright and the outhalf. missed the start but it was game of very good standard.
    didnt stay to see the 19s

Just wondering how the 15 (Reuben Pepper-Hobbs) played? Ginger lad...

And how did Caolin Blade play? Think he was the replacement scrum half?

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Just wondering how the 15 played? Ginger lad...
    Pepper-Hobbs?? He was good in defence and when he was on the ball.
    Next weeks game v the english will be interesting, presume the lads who havent got much gametime in the first 2 internationals will play more in that game

Pepper-Hobbs?? He was good in defence and when he was on the ball.
    Next weeks game v the english will be interesting, presume the lads who havent got much gametime in the first 2 internationals will play more in that game
    irish times match report

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

u19 leinster darcy cup semi finals take place tomorrow:
    R and B Rebels v Naas
    Gorey v Tullamore
    Should be too good games

• Advertisement

Under 19 Connacht Cup Final and Plate Final on in the Sportsground on Sunday

Westport vs. Monivea in the Cup Final.. Kick off at half one.
    Think Corinthians are in the Plate final, not too sure about the other team..

ScareGilly wrote: »
    And how did Caolin Blade play? Think he was the replacement scrum half?
    He played well. Had a very snappy pass which worked well when the game opened up towards the end as players tired

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Waterpark beat Galbally 63-3 in the East Munster Cup final. It was 12-3 at half time but 'Park pulled away easily in the end

I also heard Munster Youths beat the Schools team in a friendly. That's fantastic for the Youths

KJY wrote: »
    Waterpark beat Galbally 63-3 in the East Munster Cup final. It was 12-3 at half time but 'Park pulled away easily in the end

I also heard Munster Youths beat the Schools team in a friendly. That's fantastic for the Youths
    So with that win in the 17s East Cup today
    Waterpark will have won the 13s,15s,17s and 19s East Leagues, the 13s,17s and 19s East Cups. The 15s East Plate and the 15s 7 a side Adam Burke Plate
    So 9 out of 15 East Munster Competitions(there may be 1 or 2 others) will have been won by Waterpark:eek:

The Clonmel 10 a side at the start of the season as well :P

• Advertisement

The Clonmel 10 a side at the start of the season as well :P
    That was 17s wasnt it?

Munster branch should really be looking to develop another club in the city of waterford as the city is well big enough for more than 2 clubs and the benefits would be great for everyone

Well until Waterford City become stronger it probably won't happen.

Well until Waterford City become stronger it probably won't happen.
    Waterford City do need to improve and if waterpark have loads of players at an age group and city are struggling to field, players should be given to city on loan to ensure more players get games. There is no reason why waterford city cant become stronger but itll take a lot of work from development officers, club officials in both clubs in the city, kids and parents.

Munster in the future have a city of great potential, in waterford, where its resources are not being used as well as they could be and only having 2 clubs with 1 very very dominant is not the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Think Corinthians are in the Plate final, not too sure about the other team..

They play Ballinrobe at 12pm on the side pitch in the Sportsground

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

Waterford City do need to improve and if waterpark have loads of players at an age group and city are struggling to field, players should be given to city on loan to ensure more players get games. There is no reason why waterford city cant become stronger but itll take a lot of work from development officers, club officials in both clubs in the city, kids and parents.

Munster in the future have a city of great potential, in waterford, where its resources are not being used as well as they could be and only having 2 clubs with 1 very very dominant is not the way forward.

City is in a dying area of Waterford unfortunately, less and less kids in the area. Waterpark's location is a massive benefit to them.

_ricochet_ wrote: »
    City is in a dying area of Waterford unfortunately, less and less kids in the area. Waterpark's location is a massive benefit to them.
    Kids coming from all over to play with 'park including from throughout the county. Rugby started up in De La Salle in recent years, as many kids as possible who want to join the sport should be encouraged to join city as park cant give everyone a game and theyve big enough numbers at all age groups as it stands without many other kids joining them

Corinthians beat Ballinrobe in the Plate final 24-10. Only got to see about 20 minutes of the match as my young lad was knocked out with a high tackle and had a seizure while uncounscious which held up the match for about 20mins waiting for an ambulance. Thankfully he's fine and managed to kick into the corner to help set up Corinthians first try and then converted it from the touchline beforehand.

The Cup final went to Westport against Monivea which may have been controversial as Monivea never clapped off the opposition or even stayed on the pitch for the awards ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 conorr

Thought the no 1 Peter Dooley and no5 John madigan were good
    peter dooley is a very good player , i have pkayed against him for the last few years of club rugby and he is by far the best underage player that i have seen playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

u19 leinster darcy cup semi finals take place tomorrow:
    R and B Rebels v Naas
    Gorey v Tullamore
    Should be too good games

Naas beat the Rebels 19-17. Naas were 19-3 up at one point. Think Tullamore won the other semi anybody hear anything for definite?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

PhilTorres wrote: »
    Naas beat the Rebels 19-17. Naas were 19-3 up at one point. Think Tullamore won the other semi anybody hear anything for definite?

Were Naas luck to hold on then? Tullamore won there semi final 9-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

Kids coming from all over to play with 'park including from throughout the county. Rugby started up in De La Salle in recent years, as many kids as possible who want to join the sport should be encouraged to join city as park cant give everyone a game and theyve big enough numbers at all age groups as it stands without many other kids joining them

It's just an area people don't want to go, neither live or play. It's unfortunate as some great work is being done with the grounds out there. Park is the club to go to and get noticed, is just the it is sadly.

It's just an area people don't want to go, neither live or play. It's unfortunate as some great work is being done with the grounds out there. Park is the club to go to and get noticed, is just the it is sadly.
    I know but park cant and wont be able to give everyone games. There is kids coming from all over looking to play with waterpark. The branch and others need to be working with waterford city so that kids will want to play with them as well. Waterford is well big enough for 2 strong clubs and the benefits of improving w city will be huge in relation to improving Munster representation from waterford at the top level which is non existant at the moment

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Corinthians beat Westport in the Plate final 24-10. Only got to see about 20 minutes of the match as my young lad was knocked out with a high tackle and had a seizure while uncounscious which held up the match for about 20mins waiting for an ambulance. Thankfully he's fine and managed to kick into the corner to help set up Corinthians first try and then converted it from the touchline beforehand.

The Cup final went to Westport against Monivea which may have been controversial as Monivea never clapped off the opposition or even stayed on the pitch for the awards ceremony.

Hope there's nothing serious with your son..
    To be honest, I don't think we even noticed Monivea not clapping us off... They did stay for the award ceremony and the speech, didn't stay for our celebrations though which I don't blame them for...

Oh, and the score was 12-5..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Parish Lad

Why are Monivea in the All Ireland Semi when Westport won the final?

Parish Lad wrote: »
    They might have had players not eligible for the all ireland series who were eligible for the connacht league
    Thats happened several times the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

clubrug wrote: »
    Just an observation, and I know we touched on the issue previously, 5 exiles on the 18s, how many on the 19s?
    Am I correct in saying none and if this is the case then does it not indicate again that perhaps we should be nurturing our home talent?

I thought that the Irish captain Conor Joyce was an exile? Did he not turn Leicester Tigers and England down to join ulster after coming through the Exiles/U18 Clubs? Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    I thought that the Irish captain Conor Joyce was an exile? Did he not turn Leicester Tigers and England down to join ulster after coming through the Exiles/U18 Clubs? Please correct me if I am mistaken.
    You are correct on him being an exile. he was in solihull school which is linked to the tigers
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/rugby/22898.php
    interesting if he turned down the tigers, how did he end up with ulster? presume family orig from there or something..

Hope there's nothing serious with your son..

Thanks ScareGilly, yep a lot better today but month long lay off. Some great work been done in Westport what with the win yesterday and Rice winning the Junior Cup as well :)

Just asked my son and he said that was the Connacht Cup final whereas Monivea won the Connacht League to go into the All Irelands as well.

Are the Connacht sides massive again this year? The Galwegians and Bucs sides last year were both very large sides

• Advertisement

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Thanks ScareGilly, yep a lot better today but month long lay off. Some great work been done in Westport what with the win yesterday and Rice winning the Junior Cup as well :)
    Yeah, great to see the younger teams doing so well, if only I could play Senior Cup next year... We thought we had a chance to win it this year, but I'd say we've an amazing chance next year.
    Parish Lad wrote: »
    Just asked my son and he said that was the Connacht Cup final whereas Monivea won the Connacht League to go into the All Irelands as well.
    This is correct..

Advertisement