Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing & Sales "Company"....?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ladder wrote: »
    not related to mkm direct that was a company i used to work for i.e field sales i started off my own company, when pmd closed down i took over the office where pmd marketing traded from.

So why did you say you couldn't understand why the same phone number would be listed and implied that they were completely unrelated? Surely if you worked for them, you'd have an inkling why this would be the case.
    ladder wrote:
    and cant understand why it has the same number as pmd marketing or a listing that suggests the same

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ladder

Eoin wrote: »
    So why did you say you couldn't understand why the same phone number would be listed and implied that they were completely unrelated? Surely if you worked for them, you'd have an inkling why this would be the case.

being honest Eoin would you like to be linked to that company ! i run a completly different company and with very different morals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

so check out mkmdirect.ie as we all know you need to be registered with the cro to have a .ie address

Not true, you can register a discretionary name in the .ie domain now.
    Why can't you just say what the registered company name is, if it exists?
    ladder wrote:
    i run a completly different company and with very different morals

Hmm, yet you shill your own company here earlier this morning. Not very moral. Also your completely different company just happens to be in the same building as your old one, uses the same telephone number and you still have the same email address. You also deny any knowledge of that company until you are once more caught in the lie. There is nothing believable or credible about what you say. This thread will stand as a warning to all who are considering applying to you for what are most likely non-existent jobs.

being honest Eoin would you like to be linked to that company ! i run a completly different company and with very different morals

But lying about your connection with it until you got caught out isn't helping your case.

I can see that your Irish domain name is in fact registered to a corporate entity, but I can't see that company name on the CRO website. Are you trading under a different name?

As you can see, all of the information that has been posted on this thread was found very easily online. This is why it pays to be transparent and honest about you and your organisation's identity.

Your website has a phone number, which I was able to google and find the connection to PMD.

Your .com domain name is registered to you personally, and your domain registrar has not hidden the identity, so that was dead easy to find.

The IEDR website shows details about your .ie domain name, and that's instantly viewable too.

But lying about your connection with it until you got caught out isn't helping your case.

I can see that your Irish domain name is in fact registered to a corporate entity, but I can't see that company name on the CRO website. Are you trading under a different name?

As you can see, all of the information that has been posted on this thread was found very easily online. This is why it pays to be transparent and honest about you and your organisation's identity.

Your website has a phone number, which I was able to google and find the connection to PMD.

Your .com domain name is registered to you personally, and your domain registrar has not hidden the identity, so that was dead easy to find.

The IEDR website shows details about your .ie domain name, and that's instantly viewable too.
    No I trade under MkM direct and i really dont know why its not registered with the CRO. as i had to send them my incorp papers to get the .ie domain...... but will look into it and post as to why

• Advertisement

In the interests of fairness, the ie domain is registered to a corporate body of some description.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,714 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

oh come on you are mincing words again "we" "i" you know what i mean as does everyone else, and as a moderator you are really showing how one sided you are being.

Let me clear a few things up from this post, and the posts that have been made since:

I am not a moderator of this forum. I am only a moderator of the forums you see under my name. In this forum, I am treated as a regular member, and my posts are subject to the same moderation as yours. In other words, if I posted something that breached their charter, I would receive the same warnings, infractions and bans that you would.

I am on the side of truth, and we have heard very little truths from you thus far. Instead we got lie after lie as you continued to deny everything, until it was no longer possible due to the overwhelming evidence against your unlikely claims. This may have damaged your reputation, and you did it all yourself.

I, and I'm guessing most other reasonable people around here, would have had a lot more respect for you if you had been honest from the start and admitted that you are a relatively new business experimenting with new ideas, concepts and projects. I mean, you could have even benefitted by learning from the experts over on the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum, but instead you chose to be dishonest, misleading, vague and you lied by omission. You can hardly blame people now for being very dubious about anything you say - again, this was completely avoidable had you been truthful from the start.

In the interests of fairness, allow me to clarify something from my earlier post for the benefit of all readers: I was not directly accusing you or your "business" of being a front for criminal dealings. I was giving advice to a new boards.ie user about the sort of things that he/she needs to look out for, and your site happened to tick all the boxes. I then continued to advise the user of things to look out for when interacting with unheard-of companies whose history cannot be verified.

Finally, you'd be surprised at how forgiving people on this forum can be if you adopt the correct approach. Throw your hands up in the air, admit you got it very wrong, and you might just find people will be willing to give you a second chance. Who knows? You might just learn a thing or two from people on this site who run many successful and profitable businesses.

You might also be surprised to hear this after everything I've said, but if your business is a genuine, bona fide operation, then I wish the venture nothing but success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi, I'm Darragh and I'm the Communications Manager of Boards.ie

Just in case there's any ambiguity here, what's happened here is a classic example of how someone running a company can make a big mistake online. You now have to deal with your actions.

Ladder, instead of coming here on the defensive and pretending you weren't associated at first, you should have stated who you were, your involvement and answered the questions.

The advice on this thread from psni is very sound. I've worked in direct marketing (and would never again) and the biggest problem that we face from Direct Marketing companies is that they never answer questions honestly on either our site or their own.

I won't be removing ANY posts from this thread.

It should serve as a lesson to you that dishonesty will never work.

You have to understand that we have done nothing wrong here - you have made statements on this thread that have been shown, by publically accessible and available records, to be not as you say. If it wasn't being discussed here, it would be discussed elsewhere.

To quote psni, because I agree with it
    :
    I, and I'm guessing most other reasonable people around here, would have had a lot more respect for you if you had been honest from the start and admitted that you are a relatively new business experimenting with new ideas, concepts and projects.

I mean, you could have even benefitted by learning from the experts over on the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum, but instead you chose to be dishonest, misleading, vague and you lied by omission.

You can hardly blame people now for being very dubious about anything you say - again, this was completely avoidable had you been truthful from the start.

In the interests of fairness, allow me to clarify something from my earlier post for the benefit of all readers: I was not directly accusing you or your "business" of being a front for criminal dealings. I was giving advice to a new boards.ie user about the sort of things that he/she needs to look out for, and your site happened to tick all the boxes. I then continued to advise the user of things to look out for when interacting with unheard-of companies whose history cannot be verified.

Finally, you'd be surprised at how forgiving people on this forum can be if you adopt the correct approach. Throw your hands up in the air, admit you got it very wrong, and you might just find people will be willing to give you a second chance. Who knows? You might just learn a thing or two from people on this site who run many successful and profitable businesses.

You might also be surprised to hear this after everything I've said, but if your business is a genuine, bona fide operation, then I wish the venture nothing but success.

You can read our legal guidelines at http://www.boards.ie/legal but for now I see no reason to take action on anything here other than to advise you to be honest online.

Darragh

In the interests of fairness, the ie domain is registered to a corporate body of some description.

MkM Direct Ltd company number 7333219 registered on the 2nd of August 2010 at companies house cardiff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 champ121

just seen this thread today and i couldnt agree more with everyone exect for ladder. Its the same company pmd marketing, its a joke of a company. i went for a interview with pmd marketing and i just cant describe the day i had with them. everyone is brian washed, nothing less of that. when you get 'promoted' you set up your own company and thats exactly whats happens here!!! <snip>

• Advertisement

@champ121 - I've snipped a bit of your post. Please watch the language you use to describe companies, this has been covered in the charter.

ladder has (eventually) said that while he worked for PMD, it wasn't his company. You can take or leave his word for it.

@ladder, you should read this post again, this is all of your own doing by not being upfront.

I don't think there's anything to be gained by keeping this thread open at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement