Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing & Sales "Company"....?

Options
  • 23-03-2011 2:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Everyone!

OK, so I was wondering, if someone could help me out...

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I applied for online. I dont know why, but I have a funny feeling about it...

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Mkm Direct?

http://www.mkmdirect.com/

The website looks a little bit dodgy, but I asked over the phone if it was door-to-door sales, and the lady said no...

Any information anyone has will really be appreciated!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,703 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

That has to be the most nondescript "career" I've ever seen. Who are they? What do they actually do? How big are they? The domain name was only registered on the 6th of January 2011 so that should ring some major alarm bells.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And no door OR business is left un-knocked.

That screams door to door to me. I'm with psni above here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Polly_

psni wrote: »
    That has to be the most nondescript "career" I've ever seen. Who are they? What do they actually do? How big are they? The domain name was only registered on the 6th of January 2011 so that should ring some major alarm bells.

Exactly! The website says a whole lot of nothing.... There are so many of these companys popping up everywhere....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,703 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

*Police hat on*

Be careful ok? Companies exist out there which are nothing but a front for organised crime. If this is one of those companies, the job itself would be non-existent and it would be advertised solely to get as much personal information from you as possible. Criminal gangs know people are desperate for jobs and are cashing in. Think about how much you want this job, and how much personal information you're willing to part with believing this is a real bona fide company?

They'll want:
    Your birth cert
    Your driving licence
    Your passport

...all in the guise of proving your identity of course.

Next:
    Bank account details
    Credit card details (to run a pretend credit check)
    Family details (like mother's maiden name... ringing any bells yet?)
    Your PPS number
    Previous and present address
    Household bills (in the guise of proving your residency/address)

...and so on.

I personally would run a mile from any company who refuses to be up front about their operation. Don't forget, they will invest money to set their operation up, hire legit admin staff who are none the wiser, all the while farming your personal information which then goes up for sale on the domestic or international markets, or used to simply clone your identity.

TL;DR?

Avoid if you are unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ladder

Ya Im thinking thats a bit harsh to say that a company is going to steal your identity without really knowing what they do !!
    so i read the site and yes it is a direct marketing and sales company and also says everything is face to face and says event promotions, business to business and business to consumer, (business to consumer fancy way of saying door to door) just my opnion but if you really read the website you would clearly see what it says. on the other point of a company being formed in january 6th being a bad thing that should ring alarm bells, i really have to ask why ?? all companies have to start somewhere or should they be in business for a certian lenght of time before they recruit ??
    so yes this my first post but again like polly i was looking for some information about the company and came across this, needless to say im not going to take advise from someone who clearly didnt read the site and who point blank wrote something without knowing any facts, i will make my own mind up and see what they have to say in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

ladder wrote: »
    Ya Im thinking thats a bit harsh to say that a company is going to steal your identity without really knowing what they do !!

so i read the site and yes it is a direct marketing and sales company and also says everything is face to face and says event promotions, business to business and business to consumer, (business to consumer fancy way of saying door to door) just my opnion but if you really read the website you would clearly see what it says. on the other point of a company being formed in january 6th being a bad thing that should ring alarm bells, i really have to ask why ?? all companies have to start somewhere or should they be in business for a certian lenght of time before they recruit ??

so yes this my first post but again like polly i was looking for some information about the company and came across this, needless to say im not going to take advise from someone who clearly didnt read the site and who point blank wrote something without knowing any facts, i will make my own mind up and see what they have to say in the interview.

You work for the company, don't you?

If you would like to officially respond on behalf of the company and answer the questions raised above, please do so.

There's no point in lying though. It just looks really bad for your company.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Darragh - you just beat me to it. I was just about to ask ladder the same question.

General feedback for the company in question - your website says a whole lot about nothing. As a potential job hunter, it wouldn't really fill me with confidence that you don't say directly and straightforwardly what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

ladder wrote:
    so i read the site
    ladder wrote:
    i was looking for some information about the company and came across this
    ladder wrote:
    i will make my own mind up and see what they have to say in the interview.

Please at least be upfront about it - this is your website.

The CRO doesn't have a listing for MKM Direct Ltd (Ltd = Limited company). Nor do they have a listing for PMD Marketing who share the same phone number that's listed on your site.

I'm sure that nobody is saying that your organisation specifically is carrying out identity theft, but there are organisations out there who are. So I would recommend that you should try and distinguish yourselves from these people by actually registering the company that your name suggests has been registered, and posting proper job descriptions etc on your website.

If you do work for the company, you should be ashamed at the level of grammar and punctuation used on the site. Go on, tell us all about the "team of professionals that all ready have the experience required" if you're only in business since the start of the year.

Also, if you're only in business since the start of the year, you can't have had a full trading quarter, and yet:

"MkM Direct, however, has never had a quarter where we have not grown, nor have we ever been forced to downsize."

Give everyone reading one reason to believe this is a credible company with outright lies on display for all to see.

Careful with the answer though - this place has real professionals.

well now we are getting places yes i work for the company never said i didnt and sorry if i used the wrong word choice will/would make my own mind up, to be 100% honest it is registered with cro and and cant understand why it has the same number as pmd marketing or a listing that suggests the same, again it clearly states direct sales and marketing on a face to face level and as for careers again it clearly states what the role is on the job ads which people apply for, so please lets not get into a battle of words on this as all posts apart from polly are from moderators on boards.ie so for anyone who has any questions about the company just call or mail the contact information is on the website and all questions will be answered.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Darragh - you just beat me to it. I was just about to ask ladder the same question.

General feedback for the company in question - your website says a whole lot about nothing. As a potential job hunter, it wouldn't really fill me with confidence that you don't say directly and straightforwardly what you do.

direct from the about us page on the website

MkM Direct Ltd. is a leading outsourced direct sales and marketing company
    with operations in Ireland. Our approach to doing business is truly unique and
    simple. Our key business areas are face to face sales and Marketing through
    business to business, business to consumer and event campaigns. At MkM
    Direct we help to develop a direct link between our clients and consumers as
    well as rentention of existing customers.

if its not clear then what changes would you suggest feedback would be greatful

Hello? Do my questions not get answered?

well now we are getting places yes i work for the company never said i didnt and sorry if i used the wrong word choice

Like saying that you'll wait and see what "they" say in the interview?
    to be 100% honest it is registered with cro

Under what name?
    and cant understand why it has the same number as pmd marketing or a listing that suggests the same

And the same postal address in Limerick too.

If you do work for the company, you should be ashamed at the level of grammar and punctuation used on the site. Go on, tell us all about the "team of professionals that all ready have the experience required" if you're only in business since the start of the year.

Also, if you're only in business since the start of the year, you can't have had a full trading quarter, and yet:

"MkM Direct, however, has never had a quarter where we have not grown, nor have we ever been forced to downsize."

Give everyone reading one reason to believe this is a credible company with outright lies on display for all to see.

Careful with the answer though - this place has real professionals.

there is no lies, just read through the site or look at the job ads, as for professional our clients can vouch for that.

Answer my question:

Your site clearly states: ""MkM Direct, however, has never had a quarter where we have not grown, nor have we ever been forced to downsize."

...and yet you haven't had a full trading quarter yet.

How is this not misleading?

Answer my question:

Your site clearly states: ""MkM Direct, however, has never had a quarter where we have not grown, nor have we ever been forced to downsize."

...and yet you haven't had a full trading quarter yet.

How is this not misleading?
    ok before it was registered as a limited company it was under sole trader status we have been around for about 11months it was under my own name not mkm direct until it was registered

Eoin wrote: »
    Like saying that you'll wait and see what "they" say in the interview?

Under what name?

And the same postal address in Limerick too.

yes and it also has the same postal address as 5 other companies its a rented office space, so i assume the phone lines there were for another company before to. and before you ask before that address it was run from a serviced office space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What name is the company registered under, and what name was it registered under as a sole-trader? There is no listing for MKM Direct with the CRO, so unless you can provide the actual registration detail of your company, no one is going to believe a word you say.

The domain is registered to Sean <SURNAME SNIPPED>, and there are also no records with the CRO under this name.

You may well be legit, but there is no verifiable evidence to backup your statements, or those on your website.

Edit:
    Your name is in the public domain as the registrar of the website. The email address you used to register this site use the name PMD and the email host ymail.com. PMD Marketing has the email address careerspmdlimerick@ymail.com, so there is a clear connection between you both. Both companies are using the same telephone number and same address, so how can you claim you don't know how this has happened?

jor el wrote: »
    The domain is registered to Sean <SURNAME SNIPPED>

And look at the email address it is registered to:
    sean.pmdlimerick@....

The PMD that the OP is saying is totally unrelated. The ones whose contact address is: careerspmdlimerick@...

There is no such thing as "we" if you're a sole trader, so "we", the company, has only been trading since January, which means "we", the company, hasn't had a full trading quarter yet, which means "we", the company, can't have experienced growth in a quarter yet.

You are dishonest on the website. You are misleading with your answers. You have been exposed as a shill for your company and you badly need to hire someone to revise your site for grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.

Nobody will be taken in by the drivel you have on your website, and taking all of the above into account, plus the amount of times you've been caught out in lies by my fellow moderators, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Is this part of the Cobra Group/Appco as its now called?

What name is the company registered under, and what name was it registered under as a sole-trader? There is no listing for MKM Direct with the CRO, so unless you can provide the actual registration detail of your company, no one is going to believe a word you say.

The domain is registered to Sean, and there are also no records with the CRO under this name.

You may well be legit, but there is no verifiable evidence to backup your statements, or those on your website.

Edit:
    Your name is in the public domain as the registrar of the website. The email address you used to register this site use the name PMD and the email host ymail.com. PMD Marketing has the email address careerspmdlimerick@ymail.com, so there is a clear connection between you both. Both companies are using the same telephone number and same address, so how can you claim you don't know how this has happened?
    so check out mkmdirect.ie as we all know you need to be registered with the cro to have a .ie address

Is this part of the Cobra Group/Appco as its now called?

not part of cobra group or appco but similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The domain is registered to Sean Sheehan, and there are also no records with the CRO under this name.

Edit:

Good work there and to the rest of the folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

they are the same thing now. In that case multi level progression system selling door to door? Taking new self employed reps on obs day/interview in order to build your team?

There is no such thing as "we" if you're a sole trader, so "we", the company, has only been trading since January, which means "we", the company, hasn't had a full trading quarter yet, which means "we", the company, can't have experienced growth in a quarter yet.

You are dishonest on the website. You are misleading with your answers. You have been exposed as a shill for your company and you badly need to hire someone to revise your site for grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.

Nobody will be taken in by the drivel you have on your website, and taking all of the above into account, plus the amount of times you've been caught out in lies by my fellow moderators, you really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

oh come on you are mincing words again "we" "i" you know what i mean as does everyone else, and as a moderator you are really showing how one sided you are being.

they are the same thing now. In that case multi level progression system selling door to door? Taking new self employed reps on obs day/interview in order to build your team?

yes it is, but not part of the cobra group it is self employed and yes you build your team in that way

Eoin wrote: »
    And look at the email address it is registered to:
    sean.pmdlimerick@....

The PMD that the OP is saying is totally unrelated. The ones whose contact address is: careerspmdlimerick@...

not related to mkm direct that was a company i used to work for i.e field sales i started off my own company, when pmd closed down i took over the office where pmd marketing traded from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Polly_

Thanks a million everyone. I already have a job, and I was going to go to the interview just to see what it was all about, but I'm not going to bother now.

I've had friends who went for these kind interviews, and stupidly accepted their job offers, only to find out at a later date that it was a complete waste of time.

:)

• Advertisement

Polly_ wrote: »
    Thanks a million everyone. I already have a job, and I was going to go to the interview just to see what it was all about, but I'm not going to bother now.

I've had friends who went for these kind interviews, and stupidly accepted their job offers, only to find out at a later date that it was a complete waste of time.

:)

hi Polly Just to point out that in the interview stage i would have made it quite clear that it is direct face to face sales and in this case it was for Business to business sales so i wish you the best of luck in your future career pursuits
    regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement