Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2011 anime season

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gintama looks good so does xmen actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Only 2 episodes out but I'm liking Hansaku Iroha. Looking forward to ep 3. The animation quality is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a group doing showa monogatari

Hadena
    Not sure if allowed to link.
    But looking at the staff list they wouldn't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Hadena
    Not sure if allowed to link.
    But looking at the staff list they wouldn't be bad.

Can't see any sign of them doing it, where'd you hear that.

whosubswhat.
    They're the only ones listed for that show.

confirmed it on irc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kristy01

Now i am looking for more other episodes from bleach anime. But i've not get any more info about next bleach episode updation in wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So, 2nd episode of Tiger & Bunny was pretty cool. Me likes.

Episode 2 of Dog Days was meh. Leonmichelle is quite cool, and it was funny in places but it's fairly average.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Just gotta remember to apply Sturgeon's Law to every season of releases.

Only 10% or less of the new shows will be good. This has held true for every season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Deadman Wonderland is everything I expected it to be. Watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Agent Larkin

New Maria Holic + New World God Only Knows = me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Tiger & Bunny ep 3:

I <3 Origami Cyclone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Anyone know what the deal is with Black Lagoon? They making another season does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with Black Lagoon? They making another season does anyone know?

They are currently still doing Roberta's Blood Trail, but each episode is an OVA and is separated by 3 or 4 months. No idea why they are doing another season after that though.

I haven't watched any of the OVAs yet but I will soon. I've alot of stuff to get through. Hope they bring another season out. Above all I wish that writer that done Hunter x Hunter would get better, damn I loved that series!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tiger & Bunny bored the crap out of me.

Premise had potential, execution however didn't have any energy whatsoever. I blame the Japanese "announcer", he could make a fight between gods sound boring & formulaic.

Dropped.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I blame the Japanese "announcer", he could make a fight between gods sound boring & formulaic.

I'm not sure we were watching the same thing.

I'm really enjoying Tiger & Bunny.

It's quite funny and intelligent. Very well written stuff.

I haven't tried C or Deadman Wonderland yet but it's looking like the best show of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Lenmeister wrote: »
    The fifth episode of the OVA will be released in May, I preferred the series meself, Roberta's Blood Trail doesn't seem to have the same appeal.

Cheers for that, something to look farward to.

Dropped Dog Days. Didn't even bother finishing this week's episode, the show had no real hold on me.

Gonna have a look at Deadman Wonderland later.

• Advertisement

It's an Easter miracle, Showa Monogatari got picked up by a fansub group. Now to find out if it was any good or worth the wait.

Can't see any sign of them doing it, where'd you hear that.

dey it is.
    Released just now.
    Oh you posted.
    It's an Easter miracle, Showa Monogatari got picked up by a fansub group. Now to find out if it was any good or worth the wait.

The English is probably terrible.
    hatsuyuki after all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Dropped A channel and Hidan no Aria (after 10 mintues lol)

Anybody else watching Ano hi Mita Hana no really long Namae? Alls I can say about it is........ouch, that hurt me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Hidan no Aria... gg coco I only got to 4 minutes before dropping it!

Tiger&Bunny 4: Blue Rose's catchphrase is very annoying! She's actually a terribly character in general, tbh, but at least the camp gay guy from the US seems to have a bit of depth.

C and denpa onna are both great, I recommend checking them out. Though denpa onna really doesn't bother with subtlety in its references, does it...

Deadman Wonderland is pretty poorly written. Just plain bad, like. They seem to be making it really dark to make up for it. Good animation though.

Tiger & Bunny is still the show of the season for me. Fantastic animation and great writing. Though the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet.

I'll try C next week or something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Give DMWL a few episodes. The story clears up, promise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I'm enjoying Deadman Wonderland so far, mostly just on the animation side though, not sure where the story is going.

I'm also enjoying the second season of the world god only knows. Though it's possible that the idea that gaming skills would translate into being awesome with women is something that appeals to me.

C is very, very silly.

Yet, somewhat enjoyable.

It feels like an old style monster shounen battle show a lá Yu-Gi-Oh! wearing big boys clothes.

Well, Oretachi ni Tsuabasa took a turn this episode (4). I wasn't sure where it was going, the first 3 episodes were just slice of life/romance story but now there seems to be a more magical/fantasy element to the whole thing? Not sure but this week's episode was certainly more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

After watching a few episodes of each I think the order of my favourites this season so far are:
    1. Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - first impressions were just okay, it being shaft i had faith and am loving it now(whether that be fanboism or not im not sure)

2. Ano hi Mita somethingsomethingsomething - the noitamina timeslot that usually proves to be good, looking good so far though the latest episode had a bit of a 'what the fuuuuuuuuuuuu' moment

3. Steins;Gate - was undecided on this for the first few episodes since not much was happening but the characters are awesome and i'm looking forward to seeing how it goes especially after ep 5.

others in no particular order that i'm enjoying would be Hanasaku Iroha, C - money of soul etc, Deadman Wonderland, Kaiji and TWGOK. surprisingly good season for me, didn't expect to watch so much of it

Advertisement