Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin Cara/Mistico

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Matt986

I'd love it if him and Rey Mysterio formed a tag team. They'd be like the Mexican Hardyz...only with more integrity and whatnot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

If they put him in matches with people with the intention of putting on a wrestling match rather than jobbers they could build him very well. I'd say they could put on great matches if he was to go up against Evan Bourne, Danielson, Morrison etc, just for their ability to be able to move around the ring at a pace that would be similar to the lucha libre style.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can he speak English?

If he can't it'll be really hard for him to properly get over with the live crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can he speak English?

If he can't it'll be really hard for him to properly get over with the live crowd.

Not a lick of English as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sin Cara officially made his debut for WWE at the Raw house show on Friday night in Champaign, Illinois defeating Primo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Can he speak English?

In fairness, I don't remember Rey cutting a promo in the first year or two of his WWE run, nor has he ever really cut a memorable promo in his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't remember Rey cutting a promo in the first year or two of his WWE run, nor has he ever really cut a memorable promo in his career.

Rey was in WCW for a few years before WWE though, in a tag team with Billy Kidman - they might even do the same for Mistico and stick him in a tag team with Evan Bourne or somebody, for me preferably with Zack Ryder! :cool: Someone who'd do all the mic work anyway!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Rey was in WCW for a few years before WWE though, in a tag team with Billy Kidman - they might even do the same for Mistico and stick him in a tag team with Evan Bourne or somebody, for me preferably with Zack Ryder! :cool: Someone who'd do all the mic work anyway!!

Ha ha ha "Charisma Vacuum" Evan Bourne lol.

Zack Ryder would be amazing but i can't see it :( Take care, spike your hair :pac:

If Edge & Christian weren't doing a program together i'd suggest one of those...also maybe Kofi? Or maybe we're overthinking it and he'll hang around Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Sin Cara will have his live TV debut on Raw next week:
    WWE has announced that Sin Cara will make his TV debut on next week's edition of WWE Raw, which is being held in Atlanta, GA, the night after WrestleMania 27.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-announces-sin-caras-official-tv-debut-details-127355

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thought I'd bump this to ask a question :

Will this Sin Cara push work out? Will he become a star in WWE, or will they cut their losses and release him in a year or so?

Pros
    + V. impressive high flyer
    + He's a Triple H project
    + Masked Rey Mysterio is on the way out -> Merchandising

Cons
    + Can't speak a lick of english
    + Had unimpressive matches so far (Chavo got blamed/fired over it)
    + He's apparently not adapting well to the WWE/style
    + Reportedly "having" to bring in CMLL's Averno to work with him

So what do you think - Fired? or a Success?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

His Daniel Bryan match was very impressive.

Crowd is reacting to him and his merch is selling very well according to the Observer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He will be sound. He has already shown he can adapt by getting rid of an unworkable finisher against most people (The top rope move he was using) and replaced it with a new version of la mistica, simply ditched the arm bar submission part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

He also fell on his feet being paired off with Cody who is underrated in the athleticism department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He will be fine and will make WWE a tonne of money over the years. People underestimate the difference between the lucha style and the WWE American style of wrestling. Its a difficult transition for a guy like Mistico to make who worked a really complex style in Mexico. Once those little problems are ironed out he'll be huge. WWE have invested a lot of money and resources in him and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

i think hes doing fine. for a guy they brought in and has not yet had a proper feud, fans are taking to him quite well.

the move to SD! was for the best and his list of current opponents are spot on. Looking forward to seeing where he goes.

Advertisement