Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin Cara/Mistico

Options
  • 22-03-2011 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, so in the Raw thread someone mentioned that No Face has worked dark matches for Raw already - any idea when his debut will be?

I know nothing of his past work, but have seen his finisher which is awesome (fingers crossed the WWE allow him to keep it!). Does anybody have any youtube links to his best matches??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

He will debut in ring after Wrestlemania.

Just Youtube any Mistico vs Averno matches also there are millions of highlight videos of him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

drayme wrote: »
    He will debut in ring after Wrestlemania.

Ya, put me down for the day after Mania. Maybe on SD so ~4 days after mania lol.

Back in the day you'd always have someone debuting the day after Mania (2002 Brock, 2003 Goldberg....)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ya, put me down for the day after Mania. Maybe on SD so ~4 days after mania lol.

Back in the day you'd always have someone debuting the day after Mania (2002 Brock, 2003 Goldberg....)

and umaga as far as I remember, and the great kahli the smackdown after mania.

cian68 wrote: »

Very good!

[SIZE=-1]World Wrestling Entertainment - The Great Khali vs The Undertaker:
    April 7, 2006 - SmackDown!: The Undertaker vs Mark Henry ended in a No Contest when Giant Dalip Singh destoryed Undertaker
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]World Wrestling Entertainment - UMAGA:
    April 3, 2006 - RAW: Ric Flair was attacked by UMAGA, who was accompanied by his agent Armando Alejandro Estrada..
    [/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I loved Brocks debut. He just looked so big and angry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Must give WWE credit for building him up so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Great video packages before an initial debut are generally a curse though.

I seem to remember Ultimo Dragon had a similar good build up and he never amounted to anything in WWE. Similar to a re packaged Sean O Haire. Poor Ol Waylon Mercy long time back as well.

I am sure there are a few more, and of course a few which will defeat the point.

gimmick wrote: »
    Poor Ol Waylon Mercy long time back as well.

That was bloody gold. He did look like Paul Heyman in white tho! At some point I'm gonna have to create a character along those lines. And Sean o'Haire's Devil's Advocate too. :pac:

Back to Sin Cara, his promos have been extremely simple, showcasing some fantastic high spots, but slowing them down so you can see them, and gradually adding more colour to the vignettes (started as mostly black, adding a lot more blue and gold) ........i'm well impressed with these vignettes.

TNA would never hold off something like this, it's far too slow, grandiose and simple!

I seem to remember Ultimo Dragon had a similar good build up and he never amounted to anything in WWE. Similar to a re packaged Sean O Haire. Poor Ol Waylon Mercy long time back as well.

I am sure there are a few more, and of course a few which will defeat the point.

Just due to the huge Mexican interest there's no way they can **** this up. They have probably the biggest name coming out of Lucha Libre for at least 5 years.

Just due to the huge Mexican interest there's no way they can **** this up. They have probably the biggest name coming out of Lucha Libre for at least 5 years.

Famous last words lol

• Advertisement

Possibly but I'd say he won't fare too badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

They did, relatively speaking, balls up Goldberg. Anybody coming from outside McMahon-land must always be wary of what's going to happen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im worried wwe will make a ****ing shambles of this :(

Now I think he would be better off in TNA even with the ****e that goes on there

Headshot wrote: »

Now I think he would be better off in TNA even with the ****e that goes on there

Is that a typo for not?! I hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That would be the equivalent of Waterford United signing Chicharito. He deserves to be watched by more than just one man and his dog.:pac:

I think WWE will handle Mistico well. They did an absolutely brilliant job with Mysterio in fairness, far better than anyone could have hoped at the time.

Is that a typo for not?! I hope so!

Nope. I know its crazy but the x division (even thou its not what it use to be) would be ideal for Sin
    flahavaj wrote: »
    That would be the equivalent of Waterford United signing Chicharito. He deserves to be watched by more than just one man and his dog.:pac:

I think WWE will handle Mistico well. They did an absolutely brilliant job with Mysterio in fairness, far better than anyone could have hoped at the time.

The likes of Kaval **** up has me worried tbh. That's a few years ago with Ray came btw bai ;) and came when times were good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

flahavaj wrote: »

Alberto isnt exactly in the Dark Match Battle Royal there at Wrestlemania either now. I think they'll do a great job with him. They had a press conference for him and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The likes of Kaval **** up has me worried tbh. That's a few years ago with Ray came btw bai ;) and came when times were good

Kaval is no where near the level of a draw that Mistico is, even someone with Kaval's arrogance would admit that.

He is to important for them to mess up.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Kaval is no where near the level of a draw that Mistico is, even someone with Kaval's arrogance would admit that.

Oh i know that but it certainly didnt help him the way he was booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Nope. I know its crazy but the x division (even thou its not what it use to be) would be ideal for Sin

TNA wouldn't have a bulls notion what to so with him. They'd probably take his mask off and have him doing skits trying to sneak across the border or something.
    Kaval is a complete twat backstage though and his ego has caused him trouble in several places he has worked in the past, si i don't really blame WWE too mush for that one. WWE's record with the so called super workers like Danielson, Rey etc is actually pretty good. The build they're giving Mistico suggests to me they're serious. Rey won't be around in a couple of years I'd imagine, he's in bits, so there's a spot on the card just waiting for him to assume.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wouldn't agree with that. Del rio had a huge build up package and Lots of video packages and was a huge sucess

I don't think there is a wrestler alive who would be booked better in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Chris Masters would have been World Champ in TNA..:(:(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Chris Masters would have been World Champ in TNA..:(:(

He'd probably have been world champ and then have lost clean to Mike Tenay the week after :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

cian68 wrote: »
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Very good![SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Mick Foley - Night after Wrestlemania 12 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

pope was booked far better in tna than he was as elijah

jmolloy wrote: »
    pope was booked far better in tna than he was as elijah

It was an off-the-cuff remark, it doesn't really warrant deep analysis. It was an exaggerated way of saying that TNA are normally poor/illogical in their booking in the Russo era.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

It was an off-the-cuff remark, it doesn't really warrant deep analysis. It was an exaggerated way of saying that TNA are normally poor/illogical in their booking in the Russo era.

well thats true pope is the only one I can think off and quite a lot off wwe stars have made their way to tna in recent years.

Anyway very excited by Mistico, is it Smackdown we're anticipating him to show up on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I've seen he's being advertised on future Raw house shows...which would suit, cause I'd adore seeing him in Dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Smoshi

Id say they'll build him up slowly after he comes in. Like give him a few good wins before any feud. Build him up how they want him & how they want fans to see him.

Advertisement