Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway, schools?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Well start demanding that the government open non-religious schools then.

I'm not defending the church's appalling behaviour.

But the Irish state seems incapable of getting off its arse and opening a network of national schools, which is something most developed-world countries can manage to do.

Apologies for going off topic, but feel this needs a reply.

We do have national schools, but most of them are under the control of the brainwashers, sorry, religious establishments. From wikipedia: In Ireland, a National school is a type of primary school that is financed directly by the State, but administered jointly by the State, a patron body, and local representatives.

How true this definition is, I don't know, but the patron body is usually the church.

When people 'demand' a non religious school is opened, the department of education and the local church collude to provide awful unsuitable buildings, as recently wittnessed in Castlebar. With this level of support from the department of education and (in my opinion) the desire to maintain the link between church and state, getting the automatic indoctrination out of our education system will be difficult.

Advertisement