Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Ipad 16gb €346 etc.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnnygman

Have tried getting through again 2day, wait time over 20 mins.. had to hang up in the end. 3 emails now, none of them responded 2.
    Have rang Credit Card company earlier and have written to them details of transaction requesting chargeback over this.
    Shambolic stuff, I think they are trying to ignore me so that they can send it on in a week or so and hope I wont mind or perhaps they really are trying to scam me and i will not get my money back here full stop.
    Hoping credit care company will sort something now to be honest...

On another note, got myself a near mint used example IPAD 1 for €330 with case and screen protecter on it. good as new and warranty up to xmas, very happy with it, have just reset it and syncd it up with my Itunes library.
    Thought might aswell as going it's enough for me over IPAD 2, do not need camera and it's mainly for browsing and keeping up on sports and stuff.
    Lovely device I have to say, super fast and easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

johnnygman wrote: »
    Have tried getting through again 2day, wait time over 20 mins.. had to hang up in the end. 3 emails now, none of them responded 2.
    Have rang Credit Card company earlier and have written to them details of transaction requesting chargeback over this.
    Shambolic stuff, I think they are trying to ignore me so that they can send it on in a week or so and hope I wont mind or perhaps they really are trying to scam me and i will not get my money back here full stop.
    Hoping credit care company will sort something now to be honest...

On another note, got myself a near mint used example IPAD 1 for €330 with case and screen protecter on it. good as new and warranty up to xmas, very happy with it, have just reset it and syncd it up with my Itunes library.
    Thought might aswell as going it's enough for me over IPAD 2, do not need camera and it's mainly for browsing and keeping up on sports and stuff.
    Lovely device I have to say, super fast and easy to use.

glad to hear you got one man. there comes a point when ya gotta cut your losses and just say feck it :D 330 is a bit steep though no?

glad to hear you got one man. there comes a point when ya gotta cut your losses and just say feck it :D 330 is a bit steep though no?

Was hoping for 300 but would not deal at any less, case and screen protectors worth the extra few quid though, at least I know it's well cared for. It is mint mate only 2 months old so I guess it's a fair price, when u look at it if went to apple even now would cost over 400 for what I got 2 day... Typing this on it now, surprisingly easy to get used 2.... Not a Mark on it box and all like new, with receipt from local retailer.

Was hoping for 300 but would not deal at any less, case and screen protectors worth the extra few quid though, at least I know it's well cared for. It is mint mate only 2 months old so I guess it's a fair price, when u look at it if went to apple even now would cost over 400 for what I got 2 day... Typing this on it now, surprisingly easy to get used 2.... Not a Mark on it box and all like new, with receipt from local retailer.

got a leather case with mine too :D if your happy then **** it:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ah, no.......don't do THAT to it.......:p

• Advertisement

U got a cracking deal to be fair mate, hard to beat that... Am happy with It, sure would get money back near enough in morning if needed it!

U got a cracking deal to be fair mate, hard to beat that... Am happy with It, sure would get money back near enough in morning if needed it!

Yeah that's the good thing,we bought low :) I have an iPad and orange San Fran now and last month all I had was a crappy xpressmusic. Things are on the way up I'm tellin ya! :cool:

What recession? :) all we need is our money back on those other 2 foolish ventures now. Fingers crossed here...

Me too :D

Will keep u post on developments :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I also think Johnny man deserves an apology as he is not part of SE as most of us accused him:)

I also think Johnny man deserves an apology as he is not part of SE as most of us accused him:)

Fair play did not want 2ask but respect...

Just to let u know after numerous calls and emails all ignored they bulled ahead and sent me an iPad 2day despite me asking over and over to cancel.
    I refused delivery and am disgusted with them, bunch of con artists after what I have seen, I doubt the product is even genuine.
    Never again will I get caught like this, please steer clear of Simply Electronics people. The worlds worst and most dishonest customer service! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Not saying that their CS isn't deplorable, but you got your iPad in 12 days. That's not that bad.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Not saying that their CS isn't deplorable, but you got your iPad in 12 days. That's not that bad.

Main problem I had mate was if it was even genuine with how bad they are to deal with. the amount of times I asked them pre dispatch to cancel which they literally kept asking me to change my mind and still went ahead and sent it, the price was/is good but imagine if there is a problem with it and trying to get a repair or replacement! They are shocking believe me, having spoken and written numerous time I would recommend avoid at all costs.
    Without doubt worst cs people ever, there is not hundred if not thousand of horror stories about them for nothing. Stay away if u have any sense as I could be waiting God knows how long for my money back here. :mad:

Still won't give me my money back and keep ignoring correspondence and then when do eventually respond they just send back standard reply. Credit card company completely unhelpful, BOI, would not expect anymore from an Irish bank though. Really fed up with the scam of a site.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Could this not be moved to consumer issues. Safe to say it's not a bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Could this not be moved to consumer issues. Safe to say it's not a bargain alert.

Still relevant to the thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

whiterebel wrote: »
    An Post are catching people now as well.

iPad can't accept external disks.
    External disks being a HDD....
    It can, using the apple camera connector kit for €29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

Will keep u post on developments :rolleyes:

Can anyone give me a link to a reliable supplier that can sell an IPad (first Gen) Must have 3G - for a similar price to this site (about 450 euros)

I heard they were for sale in a few places at these prices the week before IPad 2 launched.... but i dont know where....

A relation is has asked me to look out for one.

thanks....

“Roll it back”

Advertisement