Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Ipad 16gb €346 etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

10 Euro off code works too 'SAVE10MVC'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

is there anyway of converting their price to euros on their site? or on paypal? usually xe currency converter is alot more in favour towards the euro than ebay and other sites.

Rafloution wrote: »
    10 Euro off code works too 'SAVE10MVC'

says invalid?
    my bad its accepting it now :D

Take out the commas? se below bad copy and paste job but you will see discount

Product Price Qty Total
    Apple iPad WiFi 16GB with Full Apple Warranty €339.95 1 €339.95
    SAVE10MVC - Promotion Accepted!

Cost of items €339.95
    Discount €10.00
    Standard Delivery
    €0.00

On the Euros issue try this http://electronics.simplyelectronics.net/search?w=ipad&asug=&currency=eur

Take out the commas? se below bad copy and paste job but you will see discount

Product Price Qty Total
    Apple iPad WiFi 16GB with Full Apple Warranty €339.95 1 €339.95
    SAVE10MVC - Promotion Accepted!

Cost of items €339.95
    Discount €10.00
    Standard Delivery
    €0.00
    im getting it for 330 :) the site itself has alot of complaints though?

• Advertisement

Hmm..jesus seriously bad reviews. im gonna skip this I think

having been scammed already 5days ago for €350 im gonna pass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

having been scammed already 5days ago for €350 im gonna pass too.

Scammed where????

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnnygman

I have just bought 1 for €335 with discount code, and free delivery thrown in at that. How is it possible to be scammed? Are they not a legitimate business selling offical apple products? you are worrying me now as I have just paid for this 10 mins ago.

there is a few bad reviews in general about the company if you google it. They seem to be based in hong king with registered addresses in UK.

Some people have reported no issues only when trying to return stuff and also when item isnt in stock.

• Advertisement

I have done bit of research, most of complaints seem to stem from delivery issues, I would not mind waiting up to say 2 weeks even though it states 2-5 working days.. As long as I get a brand new Ipad 1 (as advertised and paid for) at that price with no other issues I think it's a steal in terms of price. People are still trying to flog these for €350+ second hand on numerous personal add sites.
    I will let you guys know what happens.. fingers crossed folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

there is a few bad reviews in general about the company if you google it. They seem to be based in hong king with registered addresses in UK.
    If their stock is shipped from HK then customs will catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

johnnygman wrote: »
    I have done bit of research, most of complaints seem to stem from delivery issues, I would not mind waiting up to say 2 weeks even though it states 2-5 working days.. As long as I get a brand new Ipad 1 (as advertised and paid for) at that price with no other issues I think it's a steal in terms of price. People are still trying to flog these for €350+ second hand on numerous personal add sites.
    I will let you guys know what happens.. fingers crossed folks :)

I am afraid I don't give much credence to your posts. Given that your only two posts are about buying this "deal", I would urge others to treat your comments with a level of suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

I would advise anyone who wants a first gen iPad. They can get the base model 16gb wifi from apple outlet, refurbished unit for 339 Inc delivery. Least you're buying directly from apple aswell.

jamesjoyce wrote: »
    I would advise anyone who wants a first gen iPad. They can get the base model 16gb wifi from apple outlet, refurbished unit for 339 Inc delivery. Least you're buying directly from apple aswell.

theyre sold out about a week man.
    and i got scammed off adverts. in the middle of trying to get my money back now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Simply electronics ship from Isle of man or somewhere. Its all sort of forwarded there from HK. So cuctoms will not be an issue.
    But as mentioned, there are a lot of bad reports on the web about them, most notably, taking a long time to ship.

I am quite interested in ther outcome of this as I have been holding off spending quite a few quid on a camera through fear! Any reports back from people who bought would be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

theyre sold out about a week man.
    and i got scammed off adverts. in the middle of trying to get my money back now

How did they scam you? Just in case it happens to others.

Dean820 wrote: »
    How did they scam you? Just in case it happens to others.

they advertised it, i bought it, when it was due to arrive here, they put the ad right back up again. reported it to adverts and they banned them saying its a fraud. they have not responded to my emails. i wrote on all their other ads on adverts to warn buyers before thy got banned.

randomer wrote: »
    I am afraid I don't give much credence to your posts. Given that your only two posts are about buying this "deal", I would urge others to treat your comments with a level of suspicion.

If you'd taken the time you would have seen that my join date is from quite some time ago Oct 10, my browser Firefox would seem to give all sorts of problems when ever I tried to log in or post so I have always just browsed posts of interest to me. Until I tried Safari today and had some joy and site did not crash on me. I can assure you I am not an employee of this company but it might be better than the crap i currently have to listen to in my job, mostly tools like yourself. Thanks for being so friendly to a new poster, and making yourself look like some paranoid internet fruit. I have genuinely bought this today, and was asking a genuine question after I seen the thread.
    Just to prove it here is the receipt, but im sure you will know better. Thanks for you help you are doing a great job promoting the site to onlookers prospective posters. :eek:
    My Account - Outstanding Orders

Order No. Order Date Order Details Order Status

**5250-*****424
    13/03/2011 1 x Apple iPad WiFi 16GB with Full Apple Warranty
    Thank you for placing an order with SimplyElectronics.net!

We wish to inform you that we have received your order. Your order number is ****50-4***24 and is expected to be delivered within 2-5 working days. You may log into the site and check your order status at any time via the 'My Account' page.

Click here to claim your 10 cash back incentive on your next Simply Electronics purchase! By clicking here you can claim your reward from our preferred partner when you join their programme. Terms & conditions apply

If you have any questions about your order, please feel free to contact us at info@simplyelectronics.net.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your order and we hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks,

Brendon Dukes
    Client Experience Officer
    www.simplyelectronics.net

If you'd taken the time you would have seen that my join date is from quite some time ago, my browser Firefox would seem to give all sorts of problems when ever I tried to log in or post so I have always just browsed posts of interest to me. Until I tried Safari today and had some joy. I can assure you I am not an employee of this company but it might my better than the crap i currently have to listen to in my job, mostly tools like yourself. Thanks for being so friendly to a new poster, and making yourself look like some paranoid internet fruit. I have genuinely bought this today, and was asking a genuine question after I seen the thread.
    Just to prove it here is the receipt, but im sure you will know better. Thanks for you help. :eek:
    My Account - Outstanding Orders

Order No. Order Date Order Details Order Status

335250-445424
    13/03/2011 1 x Apple iPad WiFi 16GB with Full Apple Warranty
    New view

that link is useless man

• Advertisement

that link is useless man

It's not supposed to work, it links back to the account that I have opened with them to buy it today.
    I could not care less lads, if anyone here is naive enough to think I would sign up for an account 6 months ago and try to time it to try and set up some form of primitive PR for simply electronics on an Irish chat site then Jesus I would have been sacked for my spamming skills long ago :D
    Get a grip guys! I will be selling a Nike SQ driver and an Adams tight lies 5 wood (golf clubs) on adverts shortly to further the illusion of my double life as an agent for Simply Electronics and golf guru roled into one. :rolleyes:

It's not supposed to work, it links back to the account that I have opened with them to buy it today.
    I could not care less lads, if anyone here is stupid enough to think I would sign up for an account 6 months ago and try to time it to try and set up some form of primitive PR for simply electronics on an Irish chat site then Jesus I would have been sacked for my spamming skills long ago :D
    Get a grip guys! I will be selling a Nike SQ driver and an Adams tight lies 5 wood (golf clubs) on adverts shortly to further the illusion of my double life as an agent for Simply Electronics and golf guru roled into one. :rolleyes:

cant blame us for being suspicious. its not like you need to fill in a lot of hard to get details to join here or adverts. its probably mostly cos were on here til 2am most nights talking about charlie sheen :D

Simply Electronics may well be the biggest donkeys out there and I might get shafted here? I hope not as I have already paid them as i already pointed out. I thought it was very cheap as I was tempted on Friday in Curry's to buy one and said no so here's hoping this works out. A saving of €45 on their price seemed huge to me and I went in like a blind man and bought and then thought to ask around if they are anygood DOH! As I said I will let you guys know how I get on, if the service is not up to scratch I will never go near them again thats for sure.

cant blame us for being suspicious. its not like you need to fill in a lot of hard to get details to join here or adverts. its probably mostly cos were on here til 2am most nights talking about charlie sheen :D

No worries mate, Sheen is some piece of work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

If you'd taken the time you would have seen that my join date is from quite some time ago Oct 10,

I did notice this, and this is one of the reasons I made the comment. Many people who span on boards.ie and other similar sites sign up multiple accounts, and leave them dormant for a number of months before posting.
    I can assure you I am not an employee of this company but it might be better than the crap i currently have to listen to in my job, mostly tools like yourself.

I didn't state that you were an employee of the company. I stated that I don't give your post much credence, and others should also treat your post with suspicion. This is a fair statement, given that your only 2 posts were both of your posts were in favor of the company.
    Thanks for you help you are doing a great job promoting the site to onlookers prospective posters. :eek:

I think most "onlookers" would be happy to see people who could potentially be spammers being questioned.

You were the one who made the insulting comments. Not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lads,

Please don't dismiss every person with a low post count as being a shill. I also didn't get one reported post about this until johnnygman referred to one poster as a "tool".

Don't start a war-of-words on thread, and accuse them outright of being shills. This is happening all too often!

This is one I've been meaning to amend to the charter for some time..

If you're suspicious that a user may be promoting a website or product, please use the 'Report Post' function to let us know. DO NOT start an interrogation on thread. It both derails the thread and makes it a pain in the ass to get back on track.

Let this be the end of it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I bought a phone of this company just over a year ago and had nothing but hassle between not having the device stocked to delayed shipping etc. I found some pretty bad reviews online about them so I cancelled my order getting back the full amount I had paid.

I wouldn't buy again of them and would advise anyone else to be careful.

Farls wrote: »
    I bought a phone of this company just over a year ago and had nothing but hassle between not having the device stocked to delayed shipping etc. I found some pretty bad reviews online about them so I cancelled my order getting back the full amount I had paid.

I wouldn't buy again of them and would advise anyone else to be careful.
    thanks man

Ok look I am cool with this and leave it at that.Sorry for calling you a tool mate :D was tired a a bit offended to be honest.
    Frankly I am worried at this point having already paid them, that said having read some reviews and posts about peoples complaints it seems getting a refund is actually worse than the long waits for the products to arrive. Will see what happens, not expecting much right now except trouble though. My own fault if I get cought out i guess.:mad:

• Advertisement

4 working days up. No email with tracking number, no update to order on site to advise if it has shipped, still stating as new order and has not even moved to packing status. Basically nothing so far, rang on Tuesday, after holding 20 mins was told would have IPAD by Friday at latest (2moro), what are the chances of that now I ask? Does not bode well at this point so far. :rolleyes:

Advertisement