Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Mcveigh and TUF

Options
  • 10-03-2011 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Paul mcveigh confirmed for TUF try outs, fully sponsored by warrior promotions. Good luck Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Great to see a lad as decent as Paul getting the chance that he deserves!!! Mega talent and a top bloke with it...... Good luck McVeigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Awesome. Best of luck to him, hope he does well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

This for TUF 14 flys and bantams? Keep this thread updated with pics and vids :) Best of luck to Paul, im sure he'l do very well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Good Luck to Paul, he would make TUF alot more entertaining to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know very little about the national scene and its fighters, but from what information and news I read here Paul really does seem the business.

Good luck to the guy it shall hopefully make great viewing both TUF and the fights he will probably get in the octagon afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Any further news on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Quite a few are flying over for the try-outs, makes me wonder if it wouldn't have been easier holding a session in UK and getting the real contendors fly out to U.S

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When could we expect results on this?
    i know its a big spoiler, but I'd like to know tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Niall0 wrote: »
    Good Luck to Paul, he would make TUF alot more entertaining to watch.

In what way exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

fedor.2. wrote: »
    In what way exactly?

If you have ever been around Paul, seen an interview, you would know he is a character.

• Advertisement

Character aside, you can't see how an irish fighter on the show makes it more interesting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Mellor wrote: »
    Character aside, you can't see how an irish fighter on the show makes it more interesting?

Charater aside he has great talent too and is a total asset to Ireland/ Scotland. Id say the Americans will really take to him big time :)

He is brill fun too and to have him on the show wud really jazz it up imo :D

TUF trails are today so I wana wish him all the best because frankly he deserves it and works hard at MMA. So everything crossed for him and candles lit lol ;)

Urs
    xxxx

p.s. Grraham Turner ther also so Good Luck to him also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/21/the-mma-hour-with-phil-davis-frank-shamrock-dan-hardy-sean-mc/
    On the MMA Hour today:

British bantamweight fighter Paul McVeigh, who will be calling from the TUF 14 tryouts in New Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

McVeigh through to next stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DamoUp

Cool, can definitelty see Paul making it all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

SDTimeout wrote: »
    If you have ever been around Paul, seen an interview, you would know he is a character.

I really don't want to be "that guy" but does being "a character" mean we can expect the same juvenile behavior from him that pretty much makes TUF unwatchable?

_oveless wrote: »
    I really don't want to be "that guy" but does being "a character" mean we can expect the same juvenile behavior from him that pretty much makes TUF unwatchable?

No, he's actually a fairly clever and articulate type of guy as opposed to the usual jocks throwing each other in the pool or whatever on TUF.

Will be nice to have a tuffer to cheer for if he gets through. Weirdly enough though, I heard Dana White state definitively that Cruz and Faber won't be the coaches for the next series of TUF.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Weirdly enough though, I heard Dana White state definitively that Cruz and Faber won't be the coaches for the next series of TUF.

Really?
    Just watch the presser and he said that he isn't sure. But Faber would make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Paul has made it through to the next round. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Paul has made it through to the next round. Congrats

Great news.

Also keep an eye out for a Next Generation original Ian McCall, has already fought WEC and I would expect him to get to the fight to get in the house stage. Ian was a regular when I was training over there every summer, awesome Muay Thai and crazy wrestling skills and brown belt Jiu Jitsu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

He is alsoP through the interview stage and has been short listed, is waiting on the call in the next 2 weeks. Looking good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Not sure if this is relevant but some TUF tryouts for the 145 pounders on dana blog towards the end

Guy in the yellow has serious Jits

:eek: 6'2" Sweede, 180lbs, thinks he can make 145, GTFO not a hope.

Ah the beauty of TUF.

Kenny Florian originally competed at middleweight and now he's likely to be fighting at featherweight. 40 lbs of a difference!

Kenny was a tiny MW, in actualy fact he was never a real MW it was jsut the weight class availible. He cut to WW just straight after the finale.
    After a while training at WW he got in better shape and was able to dropped to LW.
    He now think he can cut to 145

This is over 6 years maybe.

You can't see the different with a guy trying to do it in a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kainer2

Mellor wrote: »
    Guy in the yellow has serious Jits

:eek: 6'2" Sweede, 180lbs, thinks he can make 145, GTFO not a hope.

Martin Svensson made 65.8 on Feb 26th at The Zone and fights Paul Reed in April for the Featherweight Title. And he's very, very, very good

Yeah unless he can cut weight like Anderson Silva he's fcuked.
    Why even bother showing up, the cut in weight is going to deplete him so bad that he might not even be able to grapple like that against guys who normally fight at that weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Had a look at his record and he seems to flit between 145 and 155, it's not outside the realms of possibility for him to cut to 155 and then get rid of the rest in water weight on arrival. They're not doing the instant elimination fights any more are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/24/inside-look-at-tuf-14-tryouts/

A longer look at the tryouts. Paul crops up to introduce himself and he talks a bit more later on too!

• Advertisement

Richy06 wrote: »
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/24/inside-look-at-tuf-14-tryouts/

A longer look at the tryouts. Paul crops up to introduce himself and he talks a bit more later on too!

About what time does he be on camera at? I've watched about 4 videos of this :pac:

EDIT: About a minute in :pac:

Advertisement