Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNDER SIEGE 3- Fight show on May 20th

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Boards ate a big long reply I had typed out! Grrr.

I had the Carroll/Coady fight going differently to the way the report suggests. I thought Grant had taken round 1 by a hair and that round 2 was going much more like the way we wanted it. Ultimately, there were 2 opportunities to finish the fight and Keith took his. I thought it was a great contest, I wish we could have seen more of it it moved at 100 miles an hour. Easily my fight of the night.

My sub of the night has to be Darah Harte's though I wish he'd saved it for another day :)

The NC was a shame as I've heard that was developing into a great fight!

Overall I have to say this was one of the most enjoyable nights I've had as a promoter. Despite a later than advertised start, everything went as smoothly as could be and the crowd were great too.

My very special thanks go to:
    Lucan MMA
    Rush Fight Academy
    SBG
    Point Blank
    Xtreme
    Performance Martial Arts

To the sponsors:
    Olimp
    Performance Martial Arts
    Pro Custom Gumshields

To the guys from my gym, Kyuzo, who despite having no gym for 3 weeks of their camp and training in loaned gyms, building sites and parks, put in 5 great performances that deserved more wins, but we took 5 tough fights as always against tough opponents.

Thanks to the medical team, the team of officials (Andy, Dave, Garry, Conor) timekeeper Stephen, DJ Doctor Capper, Strabane Fight Team for the loan of the cage, security (the baldies) and of course Whitehall Colmcille who always look after an ex-player, even if he was always crap.

As is the style of the time, I'd like to invite you all to The Fight Before Christmas 4 on December 2nd 2011. It's going to be another night to remember!

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Well run show as always Barry, well done.

2 wins from 2 for Point Blank so I was happy.

Very enjoyable main event. Grant's game plan seemed to be working really well until he made that one mistake. That's MMA for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

bit late...but quick thanks from me :)

...also thought there was a wonderful 'irish' moment back stage. one of the cornermen drinking while warming his fighters up. i had to ask him to move his pint out of the way so we could warm up. never thought i'd have to ask promoters to kindly request no teams bring alcohol into the changing rooms. 'fail to prepare then prepare to fail' comes to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

And then they wonder why they lose. Muppets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

bit late...but quick thanks from me :)

...also thought there was a wonderful 'irish' moment back stage. one of the cornermen drinking while warming his fighters up. i had to ask him to move his pint out of the way so we could warm up. never thought i'd have to ask promoters to kindly request no teams bring alcohol into the changing rooms. 'fail to prepare then prepare to fail' comes to mind...
    I was going to say "well that's a new one" but actually, I've seen it a lot at other shows.

Going to have to add that one to the list. Mind you it'll feel like hanging a "no smoking" sign in a petrol station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement