Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Honestly they are just bringing back some memorable characters for their victory lap. I can forgive their indulgence, they've deserved it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Honestly they are just bringing back some memorable characters for their victory lap. I can forgive their indulgence, they've deserved it

Well, that and the spin-off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

The end of that episode felt off to me, I would have been much happier to find out that the machine had begun to mobilise the troops in anticipation of Harold giving the signal, rather then the "we've been doing this for ages" explanation which was presented. It raises too many questions for my peace of mind - where were these guys when the machine was *almost* deleted?, when did the machine achieve enough self-determination to assemble new teams and manage them?, etc. A few hints in earlier episodes (un-identified gunfire thinning the Samaritan ranks in the episode where they transferred it to the briefcase for example) would have gone a long way towards substantiating this story thread.

*Still only of my favourite series however and, in a lesser series, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.*

Honestly I would have preferred that they were being mobilised now, as opposed to them already acting.

I mean how long can it have been going? The machine has just gotten out of the case, PS3 array.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Agreed. Same reason Elias' death was retconned, just to give him a few more solid scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ageyev wrote: »
    Agreed. Same reason Elias' death was retconned, just to give him a few more solid scenes

In fairness, almost all of Elias' scenes this season was to help direct Finch to do what he needs to do. To recognise that he needs to break his rules. While Root's death was what pushed him over the edge, it was Elias who really planted the seeds.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Honestly I would have preferred that they were being mobilised now, as opposed to them already acting.
    Same. In fact I thought it would have been evidence that Harold had let the machine loose to realise its potential and that it contacted them. That'd make sense.

Why isn't Samaritan after them too? I know these guys don't know explicitly about Samaritan but it would hardly let someone with connections to the machine be let off and, unlike the NY gang, they didn't benefit from having blockers installed on their identities.
    And have they been around since before the Machine went offline a few months ago?
    For a carefully thought out show, this seemed sloppy.

ixoy wrote: »
    Same. In fact I thought it would have been evidence that Harold had let the machine loose to realise its potential and that it contacted them. That'd make sense.

Why isn't Samaritan after them too? I know these guys don't know explicitly about Samaritan but it would hardly let someone with connections to the machine be let off and, unlike the NY gang, they didn't benefit from having blockers installed on their identities.
    And have they been around since before the Machine went offline a few months ago?

Yeah, I'm not going to let it effect my view on the show at all but was just surprised that the more obviously sensible writing option was not taken.

I was feeling that, from the introduction of Samaritan, the Machine's army would be the people which the team have helped over the years and that's how it would really win.

Rouge Harold is so enticing though and much more threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

I can't cope anymore - It's all getting too much.

If I never watch the last 2 episodes, does it really end?

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ixoy wrote: »

To be fair, Finch and Co were actively fighting or obstructing the actions of Samaritan at various points, their actions brought them into its sights. We know that Samaritan doesn't care about the irrelevant numbers - heck we know now it doesnt even care about the most Relevant number there can be - so another team working for the Machine could easily operate under its gaze, so long as the numbers didn't overlap with Samaritan's own plans.

I liked the introduction of the second team and it very belatedly answered a bit gap in the core concept: that the only "relevant" irrelevants were those situated in the New York area. Makes sense the Machine would try to spread its effectiveness where it could.

Have to say though, while some shows go out on a whimper (looking at you, Good Wife), here we're ending on an absolute high. Arguably the strongest season of the entire run I'd say. The 13 episode run has given the show purpose and pacing that otherwise these 22 episode series simply can't maintain. The more this becomes the norm, the more TV will improve I think.

• Advertisement

DamienOB wrote: »

Fingers crossed the Washington DC team leads to a spinoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ageyev wrote: »
    DamienOB wrote: »

Fingers crossed the Washington DC team leads to a spinoff.
    I would watch the **** out of that for Jimmi Simpson

Gobsmacked. Tears and goosebumps yet again. I've no rational response.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Unreal. With an extra 2 minute epilogue after that final scene, it could have served as the series finale (and I still would have loved it).

It's going to take all my willpower not to look at the promo for next week. I have no idea what's going to happen (or what it will be about).

I wonder if Greer was found and revived?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The finale will be either a total let down or truly amazing I'm going totally amazing just like the whole season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That was absolutely brilliant... Harold is a shell of the man we seen at the start of season 1

Still have a bad feeling they all won't survive though

The line about John living on borrowed time is pretty ominous.

On the other hand, I'm fairly sure Fusco is immortal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I loved the episode from last night.

I find it amazing that had the machine not existed that Carter wouldn't have died and root would be alive and working with Samaritan and John would die. Fusco wouldn't have been given a second chance after the HR stuff and shaw would be in the same job she was in at the start. And Harold wouldn't have meet grace.

With both Samaritan and the machine no longer in use those that mean that team machine are safe ? As with Samaritan gone they won't be sending assets to kill them. But then again the opening scene of this series looks like it show the end which didn't look like team machine just went on their merry way.

We shall see I suppose.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But then again the opening scene of this series looks like it show the end which didn't look like team machine just went on their merry way.
    We also heard the Machine talking so the Machine will live on in some form, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Good episode again but I'm spoiled now after some of the earlier ones so it didn't feel as epic as some of those. I'm surprised Greer chose that particular method to kill Harold. It didn't make much sense to sacrifice himself as well as Harold when a swift bullet to the head would have done just as well. It's still nice having Root around in spirit though via the machine. I've no idea what to expect next week. Perhaps there are some unforeseen implications to killing both machines? I'm worried about John at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I'm thinking those copies of the machines in the Faraday cage in the subway will be involved somehow...would explain why the subway gets attacked (as seen from the opening scene of season 5)

I'm thinking those copies of the machines in the Faraday cage in the subway will be involved somehow...would explain why the subway gets attacked (as seen from the opening scene of season 5)

They're hardly copies though??
    Look at the level of compression required for the machine previously.
    Could the machine not sever the Subway net link to shield itself?

Harold loaded the virus directly onto Samaritan, so unless it has been remotely backed up it's toast.

I just bit the bullet and watched the trailer for the final episode. If you haven't seen it oh wow the allergies will be out in force. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm avoiding any previews of the finale, liked the second half of this week's one. It took a while to get going, but once it did, it didn't let up. I liked the "road not travelled" revelations of the main characters.

I'm thinking I might stay up and watch the Finale live tonight I haven't looked forward to a tv shows finale this much in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd love to do that but I have an important meeting tomorrow (and I can' t be yawning!)

I'll be watching it over breakfast though, really looking forward to it.

I watched one of the episodes live a few weeks ago. The video quality wasn't really worth it tbh. Would rather wait to watch it in HD-ish. I am very excited however. Haven't been this nervous since the final episode of Breaking Bad.

Has anyone seen or heard of mainstream attention for PoI this side of the Atlantic? It's a moot point at this stage but I havent come across much coverage to suggest it has a big audience and that's just crazy. Guess the TV market is too flooded with dragons and whatever.

CBS All Access will be streaming it live if you can get it.

Few google hits suggest I need either Apple TV or Roku neither of which I have. Cheers tho

• Advertisement

person-of-interest-season-3-blu-ray-cover-90jpg-dff3b6_1280w.jpg

Well what a five seasons and let's hope the show gets an ending that is right and will feel right for the characters we've come to love.

Advertisement