Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory Lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

We used to call those yassir arafat scarves 'PLO' scarves !!

Do you remember Donkey jackets as well from around the same time ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If anyone has a source for these please PM me. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Any of these tickle your fancy Mr. Goat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

foxinsox wrote: »
    ^ I was there too... we so defnitely must have met in a past life ;)

on topic... remember these?
    sherbert-fountain_167865t.jpg
    Forgot all about these until I sptted them in a shop in Galway last week.
    I had a little laugh to myself as I recalled always trying to eat it all in one go. (didnt like the liquorice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

We used to call those yassir arafat scarves 'PLO' scarves !!

God yeah...everyone looked like they worked for the local council cos they had them too.:D Ah its all coming back to me now. The PLO scarves were great to wrap around up to your ears. I was shy so I felt nicely :)hidden in it.:o (Probably helped cover my nose too to keep out the vomity smell from aforementioned duffle coat)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

For those of us who have given up on fooball in these overpaid,over-hyped,Sky Sport days.

Here's football when it was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

2501825940070971961zLMrzH_fs.jpg
    Coke bottle circa 1980

anybody else remember it in those bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Any of these tickle your fancy Mr. Goat?

over 300 dollars:eek:

if i had known i would have looked after mine better!

...anyone for a distressed vintage look donkey jacket? 200 euro:D

...anyone for a distressed vintage look donkey jacket? 200 euro:D
    ^^^ now you know why I'm looking for a source of them. :) I remember selling these by the hundreds to the various Councils for £5 each and ones with real leather shoulder patches for £10.00.
    I really wish I'd had the storage space to hold back a few of boxes of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=71065113

I am unable to post the video for some reason but this is a reminder of long ago days with my then fovourite tv program. Anyone else remember Torchy The Battery Boy?

If not you are in for a treat. (It will be a treat when you switch it off LOL)

Oh and here we can all sing along to the theme tune..... Gawd I actually remembered it word for word

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=torchy+the+battery+boy&docid=417512556015&mid=48739C187B740FDCAD3B48739C187B740FDCAD3B&FORM=LKVR3#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So I might be a young'un compared to some of ye's, but this brings back memories

atari-2600.jpg

The Atari 2600

My first 'puta.
    sinclair_zx81.jpg
    I melted this to death one night trying to run a set of stage lights off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

oh now you are going back, remember my friend getting his spectrum 48k the one with the rubber keys!

Wasn't that the time of the ghostbusters game?

his cousin had a commodore 64 and revenge of the mutant camels was the height of gaming for him then.

jet set willy anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

commodore 64????

you were lucky :p

try the commodore vic 20

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_VIC-20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Rubecula wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=71065113

I am unable to post the video for some reason but this is a reminder of long ago days with my then fovourite tv program. Anyone else remember Torchy The Battery Boy?

If not you are in for a treat. (It will be a treat when you switch it off LOL)

Oh and here we can all sing along to the theme tune..... Gawd I actually remembered it word for word

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=torchy+the+battery+boy&docid=417512556015&mid=48739C187B740FDCAD3B48739C187B740FDCAD3B&FORM=LKVR3#

Torchy the Battery boy begat...

Supercar,which begat...

Fireball XL 5,which begat....

Stingray,which begat..

THUNDERBIRDS

cml387 wrote: »
    Torchy the Battery boy begat...

Supercar,which begat...

Fireball XL 5,which begat....

Stingray,which begat..

THUNDERBIRDS

THUNDERBIRDS which begat...
    Space 1999 :cool:

And on a serious note Yay for Destiny,Harmony,Melody,Rhapsody and Symphony along with that Captain Scarlet bloke who used to assist them occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I used to think Lady Penelope was so sofisticated with her fag holder..:o
    You'd never see smoking like that now on TV!

lady_penelope_06_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

irish-stew wrote: »
    So I might be a young'un compared to some of ye's, but this brings back memories

The Atari 2600

They used to have one of those in the waiting room of the dentists I used to go to as a kid. They only had the one game, a space invaders rip off where you had to protect teeth from food.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    My first 'puta.

I melted this to death one night trying to run a set of stage lights off it.

It was my first computer too. :cool: We had these at school though.
    trs80-i.jpg

I was looking at a few of the old coding magazines you used to get.
    20 pages of BASIC coding to get a block of 9 pixels to move across the screen, jumping occasionally to make your screen look like an ECG trace.
    And we'd stay up for 48 hours straight coding and debugging it, overdosed on caffine and sugar.

Anyone remember a short running tv series called "Secret Service" Had a secret agent shrunk down to doll size and he travelled around in a suitcase carried by Professor Stanley Unwin?

And the big rival to Fireball XL5 was Space Patrol, there was always a robot prancing past the doors keeping an eye on the crew while they slept in suspended animation?

Supercar? Piloted by Mike Mercury with Jimmy and Mitch the Monkey. The big enemy was Master Spy. LOL

I can still remember the theme tunes to them too. Maybe I should change my nickname to SadOldFart????

ps I loved the Woodentops and Rag, Tag and Bobtail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Dangerman - starring Patrick McGoohan

Dangerman was a great show, loved it.

You know you are old when the first episode of Coronation Street is still in your memory.... Florrie Lindley had just bought the corner shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Does anyone here remember there was a New Balance shop on Exchequer St in Dublin, back in the late 80's?

New Balance had only just made it to these shores and it was the only place you could buy them as far as I remember. Can't find any evidence online of its existence.

Advertisement