Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch fault.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

You would need to do a factory default, if it is not engineer locked then it will default and you will have to set the system up again.

To default, turn off the mains going to the control panel, open panel and disconnect the battery. Remove LK1 link on the board. Power back up on battery. If it defaults the user code will be 1122 engineer will be 1278. Make a list of your zones before doing the default. Makes it easier to reprogram knowing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

Thanks Altor will give it a go:D

Your welcome, if you need anymore help let us know.

How to default and reprogram the system.

kerdiff wrote: »
    How to default and reprogram the system.

Did you try to default?

• Advertisement

dont know how

dont know how

To default, turn off the mains going to the control panel, open panel and disconnect the battery. Remove LK1 link on the board. Power back up on battery. If it defaults the user code will be 1122 engineer will be 1278. Make a list of your zones before doing the default. Makes it easier to reprogram knowing this.

Right that sounds handy enough but what do u mean when u say make a list of my zones before doing a default

Right that sounds handy enough but what do u mean when u say make a list of my zones before doing a default

The reason to do so is when you are reprogramming the zones you will know what they are plus if you have a panic button this type will be set up as a panic. Makes life easier.
    If you cant arm your system as you have contacts open then this will make it easier for you to do, simply open the window or door then press the down arrow twice on the keypad. This will let you know the zone number and name of the zone in the system.
    If you just have shocks fitted, have someone stand at the keypad, when they press the down arrow twice, give the sensor a few taps, this will also show open on the keypad giving the zone number and name.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 julesdarcy

Altor or anyone that can help,

Wonder if you could help me. The mains power went recently and I inadvertently opened the alarm panel - which is next to the power panel - when trying to investigate the power issue. Now I cannot turn on the alarm as it comes on with a message "Open tamper (s).." for a few seconds and then the audio "System Unset"

When the alarm is not in use, it constantly reads "Panel Lid Tamper"

The alarm was installed by Phonewatch in June 2003. It's no longer monitored. I believe the alarm type is HKC 8/12.

How do I fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

You have a HKC panel, all is wrong is that the cover of the panel is not lining up with the tamper spring on the PCB.

Just take it off, there is a lip at the bottom of the cover make sure that lines up first, then push the top in and listen out for the click of the spring.

julesdarcy wrote: »
    Altor or anyone that can help,

Wonder if you could help me. The mains power went recently and I inadvertently opened the alarm panel - which is next to the power panel - when trying to investigate the power issue. Now I cannot turn on the alarm as it comes on with a message "Open tamper (s).." for a few seconds and then the audio "System Unset"

When the alarm is not in use, it constantly reads "Panel Lid Tamper"

The alarm was installed by Phonewatch in June 2003. It's no longer monitored. I believe the alarm type is HKC 8/12.

How do I fix this?

Very easy to fix yourself. When you opened and closed the control panel lid the spring which is the tamper did not sit right and is causing this problem. Turn off the mains, open and close the control panel lid again. Go to the keypad to see if the fault is cleared. Once cleared turn back on your mains.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement